Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal {CAN}

Imterested to hear elite experience since reflagged from Hyatt to Doubletree.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Does anyone an email address for the Doubletree Montreal? An email address for the customer care people would be great but a general email address would work. Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Just booked a stay for next year & they mentioned a remodeling project of public areas (should be done by June). Do GOLD members get free breakfast? Is the area pretty central. This will be our first visit.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Just booked a stay for next year & they mentioned a remodeling project of public areas (should be done by June). Do GOLD members get free breakfast? Is the area pretty central. This will be our first visit.
The area is perfect - right across from Place des Arts.
philemer likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:25 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

It's a pretty good location. Access to underground is great especially in winter. It sits on top of a shopping complex with a couple restaruants, a supermarket, bank. A couple of blocks from Chinatown. Metro station is a block away. Old Montreal is within walking distance (especially when temperatures are good).

It was my go to until Hyatt couldn't keep it as a Hyatt. I would switch to Hilton it it guaranteed late checkout.
philemer and cur like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks to both of you!!!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:51 am

Gold Members are entitled to Free Continental Breakfast at a Doubletree, unless you get an upgrade to the Executive Lounge.
philemer likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:22 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peter1962
Gold Members are entitled to Free Continental Breakfast at a Doubletree, unless you get an upgrade to the Executive Lounge.
Do they serve breakfast inside the lounge now?

It never served breakfast in the lounge as a Hyatt; breakfast served at restaurant.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Do they serve breakfast inside the lounge now?

It never served breakfast in the lounge as a Hyatt; breakfast served at restaurant.
No idea where they serve breakfast at this property, I was just reminding the OP that the T&Cs for Gold Breakfast at a Doubletree limit full breakfast to Executive Lounge upgrades. - sorry for confusing things.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

No idea where they serve breakfast at this property, I was just reminding the OP that the T&Cs for Gold Breakfast at a Doubletree limit full breakfast to Executive Lounge upgrades. - sorry for confusing things.
This hotel also doesn't have an "executive floor." The lounge itself is in the lobby. So in theory, getting "upgraded" to executive floor is arbitrary; one day it could be 20 rooms with club access and other days 50 rooms etc (not saying they are doing that but they could).

When it was a Hyatt, they would play around with award inventory by classifying rooms as club access rendering the base room award as unavailable.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:18 pm

I booked a room here for my brother and his spouse during a visit earlier this year. Before they arrived, I ensured an upgrade and inspected their room and the rebadged property's public spaces. I thought it was quite acceptable. The EL is, as mentioned upthread, on the lobby level. I was told the EL's evening service included complimentary beer and wine. My brother and spouse didn't partake, but they did enjoy their breakfast served in the EL.
philemer likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Property is closed. No date on reopening.

Last edited by seawolf; Oct 12, 2021 at 12:26 pm Reason: Updated to reflect closed due to strike by union
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:47 am

The Hilton website shows rooms available starting Nov 11, 2021 - I have a booking for Dec 22.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:00 am
Original Member
Original Poster

The Hilton website shows rooms available starting Nov 11, 2021 - I have a booking for Dec 22.
Spoke with the hotel yesterday. Automated message indicated unknown re-opening date. Spoke with a local (French Canadian) representative and they also said unknown reopening.

I recommend a backup reservation just in case they extend the closure.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:14 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
The hotel is closed because the employees went on strike early September, a couple of weeks ago management was found guilty of using illegal replacement workers so the hotel has been closed since then until the conflict is resolved (I cannot find any articles in English to link unfortunately)
seawolf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.