Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
As an infrequent guest, I find that Hilton is more generous with me, a non status HH guest, than Accor/ Novotel/Mercure/Sofitel or Hyatt or IC's Holiday Inn brands.
That doesn't mean much, but Hilton still treats me better than most other hotel brands. We can moan and groan about what Sheraton or Westin etc. did, but they are gone. If their model had been that good, they would have been gobbling up the other hotel chains, and not have been eaten, digested and spat out. There's no point recalling the "good old days", because they are over and are not coming back.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
As an infrequent guest, I find that Hilton is more generous with me, a non status HH guest, than Accor/ Novotel/Mercure/Sofitel or Hyatt or IC's Holiday Inn brands.
That doesn't mean much, but Hilton still treats me better than most other hotel brands. We can moan and groan about what Sheraton or Westin etc. did, but they are gone. If their model had been that good, they would have been gobbling up the other hotel chains, and not have been eaten, digested and spat out. There's no point recalling the "good old days", because they are over and are not coming back.
Point 1) As Platinum with Accor, if I ask in the additional comments when I book, I am, more often than not, given a late checkout. This gives them more time to plan and I do believe it increases my chances of getting the late checkout.
Point 2) Sheraton and Westin are not gone and, in fact, their policy has become the policy of one of the largest hotel chains in the world. Anybody with platinum or higher status in Marriott gets a guaranteed 16:00 late checkout. So I don't really understand this argument that the 'good old days' are over and not coming back unless they previously offered something more than guaranteed 16:00 late checkout...
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:11 pm

Hilton Berlin

On a recent stay, I requested a late check-out for 16:00 at the front desk the evening before my departure. After a bit of computer consultation, my request was granted. When I checked out at 15:00, the FDA said, "But you still have an hour left!" I do love a sense of humour.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:18 pm

Conrad Bali

On the morning of my departure, I told the FDA that I was scheduled to to leave on a late flight departing at 21:00 and boarding at 20:30. I asked what time she felt I should arrive at the airport, and she suggested 18:00 and proactively granted me late check out for that same time, 18:00. I arranged a hotel transfer for 17:30, so everything dovetailed very nicely. I could have had evening cocktails, but I was saving my appetite for the in flight meal service.
Beano likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
What is maximum limit for late check out for Gold & Diamond members ?

For late check out privileges, I haven't seen a specific time of day mentioned anywhere.
Is there a general maximum limit for Gold or Diamond members, or does each hotel make its own rules in this regard ?
Also are Diamonds entitled to stay longer in the room than Golds ?
If yes, by how much ?

I usually ask for 2pm or 3pm, but sometimes an extra hour would come in handy depending on schedule.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
For late check out privileges, I haven't seen a specific time of day mentioned anywhere.
Is there a general maximum limit for Gold or Diamond members, or does each hotel make its own rules in this regard ?
Also are Diamonds entitled to stay longer in the room than Golds ?
If yes, by how much ?

I usually ask for 2pm or 3pm, but sometimes an extra hour would come in handy depending on schedule.
As a Diamond, I can't remember ever being allowed to stay past 1pm at a Hilton family hotel in the US. I have reached the point where if I know for sure that I will need a late checkout, I will find an IHG property. Spire Ambassador has gotten me 4pm every time I have asked.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
I received Diamond on a Marriott Status Match last fall. I am 2 for 2 on late checkouts for 3pm. One at a HGI, the other at a Home2 property.

I am not aware of a limit, but I certainly do not abuse the privilege. I check out before breakfast on my fair share of stays as well.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
It really depends on the property and their availability, but I would say 1-2 is very typical with later being an exception to the rule. Some hotels may offer later for a fee also.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
There's no guaranteed time. I've had everything from "no" to "8pm". Not surprisingly, the former was in the US, and the latter was in Asia.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Hilton Kuala Lumpur is 6pm possible and after that you can spend time at the Executive Lounge.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Hilton Kuala Lumpur is 6pm possible and after that you can spend time at the Executive Lounge.
But DoubleTree KL is extremely stingy with late checkout. Both times I was told just 1 pm latest. Maybe it’s just down to their unwillingness to pay housekeeping for later hours.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Of course it depends on the property and what's going on that day, but here in the U.S., 1pm is not unusual, 2pm is a nice result and anything later is rare.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
I’ve never staid in the US, but my experience is:

1pm - Never been refused
2pm - Almost always
3pm - At least 50% of the time
4pm - Once
”Stay as long as you need, we don’t need the room back” - Once
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
I recently received a 6pm checkout at the Hilton Reforma Mexico City last week. 8 out of 10 times I have no issue receiving a 4pm check out at Hilton's in the UK / Europe.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Each property has its own rules and can also be dependant on occupancy levels
Hiltons and Conrads we stay at regularly are usually the most generous
Sometimes get offered 6pm at these
infact a couple of Hiltons actually blocks the room the whole night so we can leave when we want
This is not the norm though and only applies to one or two select properties we frequent annually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.