Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Beware of ACCURACY and LOSS of Hilton Honors PoInts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of ACCURACY and LOSS of Hilton Honors PoInts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by twitch76
Thanks. That was my assumption.

Without more details from the OP, it's hard to know what happened here -- but it sounds like the OP made a single reservation for X nights, and adjusted the slider to pay cash for Y/X of the stay, and thought he would get points back for Y nights -- thinking he paid Y nights in cash, and X-Y nights with points. When in reality, he paid for X nights with Y/X cash and (X-Y)/X in points. In other words, the system allocates Y/X across all nights in the reservation, and disallows points because the entire booking was a "Points & Money" booking.

Had the OP made two separate reservations: one with Y nights paid in cash, and one with X-Y nights paid in points, then he should have received points for the Y nights. If he made a single reservation using "Points & Money," I don't think there is a legitimate complaint here.
The HH terms were changed some time back so that you now earn points on the money part of a points and money stay. The terms were also changed so that a points redemption does not prevent you from earning points on paid nights during your stay.
From the terms and conditions:
If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned.
Members may, however, earn Points on the money portion of a Points & Money Rewards™ stay at all participating hotels within the Hilton Portfolio, excluding incidental charges at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton® or Home2 Suites by Hilton hotels.
See also:
Points stay with folio charges
Points + money reservation, no base points for money?
Earning points on a mixed award and paid stay
If the OP booked with points and money for one night or the entire stay, the OP is entitled to earn points for the money portion for the entire stay.

This is just probably the recent IT problems.
twitch76 likes this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Dec 14, 2018 at 11:05 am Reason: move link to correct place
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
The HH terms were changed some time back so that you now earn points on the money part of a points and money stay. The terms were also changed so that a points redemption does not prevent you from earning points on paid nights during your stay.
From the terms and conditions:

See also:
Points stay with folio charges
Points + money reservation, no base points for money?

If the OP booked with points and money for one night or the entire stay, the OP is entitled to earn points for the money portion for the entire stay. This is just probably the recent IT problems.
Earning points on a mixed award and paid stay
Thanks for this. I was unaware.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I have just had a paid stay and I am trying to work out what exactly should be my earning rate as it appears that Hilton have not posted enough points. From my understanding as a Diamond I should get 20 points per $1. Therefore, as I spent £140 I should expect £140 x 1.2 (exchange rate is actually 1.32 to 1 but I know they always do some rubbish conversion) so I should be looking at approx 3360. Is this correct? I ask as they have only posted 1583, and I cannot figure out how they have got to that figure.

TIA for any help.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
I have just had a paid stay and I am trying to work out what exactly should be my earning rate as it appears that Hilton have not posted enough points. From my understanding as a Diamond I should get 20 points per $1. Therefore, as I spent £140 I should expect £140 x 1.2 (exchange rate is actually 1.32 to 1 but I know they always do some rubbish conversion) so I should be looking at approx 3360. Is this correct? I ask as they have only posted 1583, and I cannot figure out how they have got to that figure.

TIA for any help.
Your 1583 is about half of what you calculate, indicating a 10 points per $ earning (but with a different exchange rate). That seems correct - as BASE points. That same number should appear again as BONUS points (DIAMOND ELITE 100% BONUS). Added together that gives you 20 points per $.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.