Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kept up till 2.30 am by hotel-sponsored function: appropriate compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kept up till 2.30 am by hotel-sponsored function: appropriate compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by COSPILOT

i was told by management that this particular group had untouchable status in the city. I was ready to confront the party but he strongly recommended against doing so. In hindsight I wished I would have, as mob activity shouldn’t be tolerated. Left alone, they do what they want. Screw them if you ask me.

Never again will I watch theft occur, I don’t care what your local status is. Spineless manager doesn’t matter, I’m not working for the guy that paid the bill, but I will stand my ground moving forward.
maybe the hotel billed the guest later
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC

I've had the same issue at Hilton in Nashville. They had an event going on in the atrium and I was "upgraded" to a suite with direct views of the atrium. I called down numerous times either to change rooms or to ask when the music would stop. The only thing they did was to send up "complimentary" ear plugs. After checkout the next day, I emailed the GM and Diamond Desk. Was offered an apology from the GM and 50k points.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I would say a reimbursement for that night would be fair. Happened to me once; got in at 2 AM and fire alarm tests started at 7 AM. The hotel hadn't sent out warnings or posted it on the website (or else I would have changed hotels), so I got the night reimbursed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.