Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AStarr
Just a quick update: opening has been pushed back. I didn't ask when but they aren't going to be open on the 1st. So I'm being rebooked elsewhere.
How were you notified? I have a booking for July 3 and it’s still appearing as confirmed with no changes.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
I too have a booking for July 3 and mine also still shows confirmed with no changes nor notifications. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rabilancia
I too have a booking for July 3 and mine also still shows confirmed with no changes nor notifications. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
On Saturday it would not even let me make a reservation for mid August, which I thought was odd since the opening is supposedly only days away. Today it is letting me make a reservation, though. Fingers crossed that it opens for your 7/3 stay!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof

How were you notified? I have a booking for July 3 and it’s still appearing as confirmed with no changes.
I was sent an email from the hotel directly. Nothing in the app shows a cancellation yet. I'm actually still waiting for my rebooking information. I was initially booked for the first night of operation, July 1.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:56 am

If you're booked that first week, I would suggest that you double check your reservations. Looks like they're not taking any bookings at present for that first week online.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I looked at booking this a few weeks ago. Pricing for the first few weeks is OTT - in August it drops to £80. My impression was that they were overcharging for July so that they would still be in profit if you had to be moved to any of the other Heathrow hotels.

There is no way this will be a better hotel than the new Crowne Plaza attached to T4 (arguably it will struggle to beat the excellent HI Express in the same building) but the July pricing does not imply that. Note this hotel has the same ownership (Arora) as those two.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:28 am

Just a quick update: opening has been pushed back. I didn't ask when but they aren't going to be open on the 1st. So I'm being rebooked elsewhere.
So what hotel did they use to reaccomodate you?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Just called to get an update on my reservation for 3 July. Their current plans are to honor the booking. Bookings for 1 and 2 July have already been cancelled. If they are open on the 3rd, I still plan to stay there.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:57 pm

Just called to get an update on my reservation for 3 July. Their current plans are to honor the booking. Bookings for 1 and 2 July have already been cancelled. If they are open on the 3rd, I still plan to stay there.
So there will be at least two FTers staying at the HGI on opening night (if July 3 holds).

Will there be any special touches for opening night? Any commemorative swag?

Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:16 pm

So what hotel did they use to reaccomodate you?
Crowne Plaza is where they seem to be directing reaccomodation. I requested another Hilton property that I usually stay at.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:07 am

Crowne Plaza is where they seem to be directing reaccomodation. I requested another Hilton property that I usually stay at.
That doesn’t seem a fair trade. I would have insisted on the Hilton at T4.

Did you get what you asked for?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: Some

If it's the Crowne Plaza Heathrow that's a poor alternative, if it's the Crowne Plaza T4 then I'd say that hotel is actually nicer than all of the Hiltons around Heathrow. I assume it's the T4 property as both that and the new HGI are operated by Arora Group.

Understand that those who only credit to Hilton Honors might think differently.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You're an idiot if you accept the other HGI or Hilton T5 over the CP T4.

CP T4 vs Hilton T4 is more equal (next to each other, both connected to the terminal) and if you have Hilton status I can see why you'd take that, but the CP is still nicer.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Can you not insist that they pay the costs of getting to and from the terminal if you are put elsewhere? Surely the whole point of the HGI T2 is being next to the terminal, not a long walk to T4 potentially with luggage and taking a tube/bus/train.

However good the Hilton T4 or CP T4 are, they are a pain in the arse for a T2 departure/arrival. Having bitter experience of how difficult it is to transit between terminals at LHR with a bit of luggage, there is no way I would be happy with a move to a hotel elsewhere. I would rather take the CP LHR or one of the bath road hotels and get a credit for transport to and from the terminals (probably about £10 each way with Parker cars, who are a local rarity in being happy to do short runs of this type).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:44 pm

My requests were T4 Hilton and Hilton Paddington as those are my most frequent Hilton properties in London on file. I got the T4 Hilton which is what I expected.

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
If it's the Crowne Plaza Heathrow that's a poor alternative, if it's the Crowne Plaza T4 then I'd say that hotel is actually nicer than all of the Hiltons around Heathrow. I assume it's the T4 property as both that and the new HGI are operated by Arora Group.

Understand that those who only credit to Hilton Honors might think differently.
I stick to Hilton for crediting hotel related things. I do branch out on occasion but typically for boutique or luxury experiences - airport nights don't bug me much and I know I like breakfast service here and the dumplings at Zen

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Can you not insist that they pay the costs of getting to and from the terminal if you are put elsewhere? Surely the whole point of the HGI T2 is being next to the terminal, not a long walk to T4 potentially with luggage and taking a tube/bus/train.

However good the Hilton T4 or CP T4 are, they are a pain in the arse for a T2 departure/arrival. Having bitter experience of how difficult it is to transit between terminals at LHR with a bit of luggage, there is no way I would be happy with a move to a hotel elsewhere. I would rather take the CP LHR or one of the bath road hotels and get a credit for transport to and from the terminals (probably about £10 each way with Parker cars, who are a local rarity in being happy to do short runs of this type).
This is honestly the thing I'm most annoyed with TBH. I hate the hike downstairs with a passion and usually just go full spoiled brat mode with a taxi door-to-door. I was really looking forward to staying that close without the Underground Heathrow Mile to T2. I mean, thankfully I'm usually flying from the A gates but still... I'm lazy and on vacation this trip.

Maybe I'll check out the bus service this time... change it up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.