Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I thought that "rollover stays" didn't start until this year(2018, for 2019 status)?

From here: Hilton Honors Updates for 2018 FAQ

​​​​​​
If it's the same offer I received in October 2017, it's "you've earned Diamond for 2018, get a jumpstart on 2019" - so 2017 rollovers for 2019 status. They are also missing from my account at the moment.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by RichH6109
If it's the same offer I received in October 2017, it's "you've earned Diamond for 2018, get a jumpstart on 2019" - so 2017 rollovers for 2019 status. They are also missing from my account at the moment.
Thanks, at least I'm not alone.......I ended 2017 on 32 stays, i really don't remember signing up to any promotion but in January this year I noticed my account started with a 2 STAY head start, I never expected this but appreciated it as a bonus, now it looks like I'm going to have to do a mattress run to secure diamond for next year.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:46 am

It's becoming absurd. I've pretty much given up hope of getting my 20k points back. I can't even get a reply.

It's really poor to just ignore complaints until they go away. They've made an IT mistake that has swallowed my points and they won't do anything about it.

It's only 20k points, but the lack of responsiveness and responsibility makes it so much worse.

78 Hilton stays this year. Next year they can expect zero.
diburning likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RichH6109
If you hit 120 nights, does that mean that you have already qualified for next year? There's no other requirements to be met?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by todderz
78 Hilton stays this year. Next year they can expect zero.
Except they're going to carry over those 18 nights automatically!?!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
If you hit 120 nights, does that mean that you have already qualified for next year? There's no other requirements to be met?
I have no idea! I think it's a targeted offer (I wasn't targeted in 2018 for 2020 status) so suspect that 120-stayers may be excluded from the mailshot.

I hit 36 stays in 2017 so started on +6 for 2018 and have made 26 stays this year. I have no intention of doing a mattress run in December so I'll be staying elsewhere for 2019 if this isn't rectified before year end. Still no response from CS after my latest e-mail 5 days ago.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
For the new "rollover nights" feature, that certainly seems to be the case on my reading of the T&C.

I will benefit from this.

Any nights stayed in 2019 will therefore roll over to give you a head start on qualification in 2020.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
TWO emails to the Diamond Desk (the second one copied to Guest Relations) about a missing night/stay and associated missing points.

Zero response.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Why are people so bleeping impatient?

Just wait! Show some patience.

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 28, 2018 at 1:51 am Reason: Removed unnecessary content which contributes nothing to the discussion.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
I can't even tell what has/hasn't posted to my account because I can see future reservations but I just get the error page when trying to access any past stay information.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Orange.Man

Just wait! Show some patience.
If this was meant to be in jest or facetious, it failed. I certainly don’t believe you seriously meant that HH guests haven’t been patient through this debacle.

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 28, 2018 at 1:51 am Reason: Removed now-deleted content from quote.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cblaisd
TWO emails to the Diamond Desk (the second one copied to Guest Relations) about a missing night/stay and associated missing points.

Zero response.
Did you use the "Report A Missing Stay" page on the HHonors website? I've had to use it twice in the past month. Both times, the correct activity was posted within 24 hours.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Orange.Man
The reason promptness to posting is important to some is that they may need those points to do a booking, or the stays to qualify for the next tier so they can start getting benefits on imminent reservations.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by aww3583
Did you use the "Report A Missing Stay" page on the HHonors website? I've had to use it twice in the past month. Both times, the correct activity was posted within 24 hours.
No because it's an unusual situation: I worked with the Director of Sales at a particular property to book 8 rooms for our organization; part of the contract states that I would receive the points for all the rooms. I don't know whether the "Report a Missing Stay" allows me the ability to upload both the combined folio and contract with those provisions so as to correctly post the points.

(And yes, in general, you only get credit for two rooms, but contracts with hotels can override that provision.)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Yep, I say I need 3 stays to diamond, so does Lauren, however my stay counter says I need 5 stays to diamond......... these are rollover stays from last year......frustrating!
Who is Lauren?

I emailed the diamond@hilton account four times yesterday. The first two responses told me how many stays I had year to date (regurgitating what I already saw on the website) because they did not bother actually reading my note. The third email told me about rollover nights at the end of this year. Still waiting on a response to the fourth one, where I again reiterated that I'm asking about the rollover stays that were promised at the end of 2017. I still have the email they sent out at the time...

Beyond frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.