FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937558-update-oct-30-31-2018-a.html)

Hilton Honors Ambassador Oct 26, 2018 2:41 pm

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Hi all,

Wanted to give a head's up that we have an upcoming IT update next week. Depending on your time zone, select features will be offline starting October 30 and extend into October 31. During this time, the ability to book, amend, and/or cancel standard and redemption reservations will be temporarily unavailable. This includes doing so through our website, mobile app, call centers and hotel systems. Accessing member account information, along with the following Hilton Honors benefits, will also be temporarily unavailable: Redeeming Points for hotel stays, Shop with Points at Amazon.com and exclusive experiences.

Upcoming reservations during this period are secure, and you should not anticipate any changes to their bookings. Once the update is complete, Hilton Honors members can expect to see their Points post more quickly.

If you have any questions about an upcoming reservation, please contact the hotel directly. Following the update, if there are any questions about a particular stay during this period, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!
Lauren

flyerCO Oct 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Curious, based on wording we can't even book a room through the hotel. How will this work for those of us that usually have to book same day. (We don't know where we'll need to stay sometimes till that night)

Will hotel still be able to give us a room?

GentleGiant Oct 27, 2018 1:42 am

But what times?

Would be useful to know if it is starting at say 10am EST etc.....

aww3583 Oct 27, 2018 5:43 am

This was the text of the email I received this morning about the upcoming outage:

During this time, our website, mobile app, call centers and hotel systems will be temporarily unavailable, along with the ability to book, amend, and/or cancel a standard or redemption reservation
This should be interesting for those of us checking in/out midweek.

John_OHST Oct 27, 2018 7:31 am

I would be interested to know if the new loyalty platform will finally give us the ability to redeem weekend night certificates online.

serpens Oct 27, 2018 8:30 am

During this time, the ability to book, amend, and/or cancel standard and redemption reservations will be temporarily unavailable.
If someone learns he or she needs to cancel during the outage, but the deadline for cancellation passes during the outage, how will that be handled? There should be few people in this group, but given the size of Hilton, it is likely to be a non-zero group.

secretalcoholic Oct 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Let's just hope this doesn't end up like the gongshow at Stariott right now.

milesmilesmiles Oct 27, 2018 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 30361810)
This was the text of the email I received this morning about the upcoming outage:

This should be interesting for those of us checking in/out midweek.

Wow....It seems like everything will be down for up to two days. Not sure if I have seen this before, at least with Hilton

thunderlounge Oct 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Must be a massive switch where everyone in the IT chain needs to update at the same time.

Would be interesting to know more than just the speed of points posting.

flyerCO Oct 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge (Post 30363177)
Must be a massive switch where everyone in the IT chain needs to update at the same time.

Would be interesting to know more than just the speed of points posting.

Could also be doing backup power renovations during the same time. I've worked a number of data centers in last year that combined getting backup power up-to-date and doing system conversions. Trying to prevent s***storms like DL had a year ago where didn't have enough backup power generating capability to run their data centers at full.

turtlemichael Oct 28, 2018 4:16 am

Is this the time to make sure you have used your HH points to best advantage? For me it is.

Zurich Oct 28, 2018 7:39 am

I have a dream...

Life time nights towards life time Diamond visible in our accounts when all these updates are over.

Westcoaster Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

phone app update too?

My android phone app looks very different today than it did a few days ago. I'm wondering if Hilton is going the way of making the website and phone app more similar. Time will tell after 10/31.

In any case I took a "before" screen print showing my vital stats just in case any numbers change or disappear during the IT update.

Pardon the "phone app update too?" heading. I can't change it.

HHonors OUTSIDER Oct 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich (Post 30365032)
Life time nights towards life time Diamond visible in our accounts when all these updates are over.

I am guessing your dream will come true.

Football Fan Oct 29, 2018 3:18 pm

I wonder if this is connected to a massive, unannounced devaluation.