Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I have a check out on the 29th and the 30th of October. The Hilton points have posted correctly, but the M&M promotion points are not showing up as had typically been happening over the past month. Is anybody else facing this issue? Is it expected to correct itself over time?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Points from my stay have appeared in the activity, but the points haven't posted to my account yet (the total hasn't changed). Thankfully, I'm not depending on them to book an award stay.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Had a hotel stay that ended more than 7 days ago.
7 days later, the hotel is listed under activity, but points are still NOT on my account...just the hotel name with "pending" and with zero points value.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Had a hotel stay that ended more than 7 days ago.
7 days later, the hotel is listed under activity, but points are still NOT on my account...just the hotel name with "pending" and with zero points value.
Oh 7 days is nothing. I‘ve got one that was nearly 2 weeks ago.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Two stays from last weekend. Nothing in terms of credit. Sigh.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My points from last Thursday's (1 November) checkout posted today.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Strange thing for me is since update points return instantly when I cancel online via the app. Just as quickly as points are taken when booking a new reservation. The only issue I have is that the system is only updating my available points total periodically. The correct amount of points are available, but what the system shows as being available lags. This causes problems when booking an award in the app. It for some reason no longer shows you available award nights/rates If the "available" points balance is less then one nights award. Thus even though my true available points balance is correct, I must go to webpage or call in to see award rates and book.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Prompted by a few other posts in this thread I took a look at the app (99.9% of what I do is via honors.com -- which as of this morning is still missing any signs of any of my stays since the cutover started except for the "view receipt" line with no points shown.

Anyway, on the app the progress counter is "stuck" with the pre-upgrade stats but the "Next night milestone bonus" is off by nearly 10 nights (have 75 completed nights pre-cutover; 5 more post-cutover including a 2-nigher I'm checking out from this morning = I would expect to see "78" but would also accept "80" as a valid value... but the tracker is showing 69 nights.

Not really inspiring confidence and making me thankful I track all of my earnings via my own spreadsheet rather than relying on Hilton. (Started doing this after the debacle that was United's PSS integration)
ashkale and wizla like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I want Hilton to offer 1000 points to EVERY honors member in the world, EVERY SINGLE DAY until this IT problem is fixed.
That will get their asses in gear.
ashkale likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 9, 2018 at 8:57 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Unable to use online check-in this morning. However, we're visiting a new-ish property, so the layout and room selection may not be loaded into the system yet.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Hello everyone,

I’m a new member currently doing the HH Diamond status match challenge. I had some stays last week (11/1-11/2) and they still haven’t posted. Is this normal? Or is this due to the recent upgrade.

Thanks for any info.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:37 am

I have been checking all day to make an award reservation and it appears every location for every day is unavailable.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Hello everyone,

I’m a new member currently doing the HH Diamond status match challenge. I had some stays last week (11/1-11/2) and they still haven’t posted. Is this normal? Or is this due to the recent upgrade.

Thanks for any info.
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66

Due to recent upgrade....but hard to figure what features have been "upgraded" - we are only getting the downside now. . Points "normally" post in about three days.

Last edited by milesmilesmiles; Nov 9, 2018 at 6:40 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Some progress: All 8 of my missing pre-update stays that I was whining about upthread have now been restored. Thanks to Hilton IT for getting that done.

Moving forward, my first stay from this week hasn't posted correctly but it seems that others are in the same boat. e.g. no Diamond Myway points and no points for my incidentals. Also my stay count and points haven't updated. I'll assume that the post-update stays are still a work in progress and check back on them next week.

One thing I found amusing: When I checked my Hilton Amex account this morning it had an updated HH points total that isn't yet reflected in my Hilton account. Keeps life interesting.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
No points or stay/night credit for a 11/3-11/4 stay. But good news, when I went to make an award booking today the points were deducted immediately
Points Scrounger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.