Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Has anyone determined what improvements Hilton has made to their website? I can't really see any.
The only change I noticed is stays/points during the update and after the update (Nov 1 and 2 in my case) haven't posted. My mistake one other change points from cancelled point reservations have not been returned to the account.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Havek
I have the same issue. 8 rollover stays from last year are missing. Will give it some time...
I'm not alone then......let me know if any changes and I will do likewise....cheers.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Lauren, any ETA on when weekend night certificates can be booked again?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:34 am

Two paid stays from last week still showing 0 points. Total points balance and number of nights/stays don’t reflect the stays either. This is extremely frustrating.
IAHtraveler and florens like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE

Online everything is correct, and via the app total points, etc is correct, but details for last weeks stay still show this. Different database for the app?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cop35758
Still miss points and invoices for my two stays last week. Hilton IT is in shambles!
I had a hard time with the Marriott-SPG joint account in August and now Hilton decides to mess things up.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Two paid stays from last week still showing 0 points. Total points balance and number of nights/stays don’t reflect the stays either. This is extremely frustrating.
I concur. So frustrating. How can this take so long? I haven't been able to access my profile in the web for a few days now and the app is still not up to date either. Com'on Hilton...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Pushed $125 E-Rewards for 7000 Hilton "H" Honors points and they didn't post. They usually post immediately---still nothing. Today, can't even login, their server denies access across the board. I think Hilton should have left the website as it was back in 2008, no need to change any of it. Today's version of web programming, with a new generation of wrong education, is simply to annoy everyone who accesses it. Won't work here!
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Pushed $125 E-Rewards for 7000 Hilton "H" Honors points and they didn't post. They usually post immediately---still nothing. Today, can't even login, their server denies access across the board. I think Hilton should have left the website as it was back in 2008, no need to change any of it. Today's version of web programming, with a new generation of wrong education, is simply to annoy everyone who accesses it. Won't work here!
And they can't give us a timeline when everything will be fixed. That's what people want. A date when everything will work perfectly guaranteed.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Two stays from last week have posted.

The "nights" total is updated and is correctly displaying 68 nights. However, the most recent stay includes 10,000 Milestone Bonus points for hitting 70 nights. Odd.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:06 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by wizla
Hey Lauren, thanks for the response, my account is now correct except I have 2 rollover stays from last year that appear to have got lost in the update, account says 8 stays needed but with the two rollover stays this should be 6.
Should I still wait?.......many thanks wizla.
Hi wizla,

You're welcome to message me with the details. We will likely need to wait until we have confirmation all updates have been completed, but happy to have your info ready to go if you need me to check into it further. Just let me know.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:12 pm

I cancelled 2 stays on 11/1, after they said the update was complete. Still 5 days later the points do not show and I need them for a reservation. In freaking credible. Did anyone in IT do testing on this? Not only that, but a phone rep canceled the stays and flat out lied to me about booking a new stay.

I hate to say it, but there should be jobs lost due to the execution of this conversion.

Hilton needs to learn to under promise and over deliver.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Hi Lauren,

Any estimate/guess as to when everything will be complete?

I have a paid stay (checkout 11/2) that has partially posted -- was in Pending until some point yesterday, now showing with no points earned (total stays/nights/base points also have not updated)

I wasn't too worried while "pending" but now that it's no longer pending I'm annoyed since I try to keep my own Excel spreadsheet in lock-step with the Honors account -- but I don't want to go the "missing stay credit" route until I'm sure it's "wrong" and not just "dust still settling"

Thanks,

Lincoln
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
Update is over, current message in the iOS App:
Post Maintenance Info
Methinks Hilton IT must be working off a different calendar then we are.....
florens likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Methinks Hilton IT must be working off a different calendar then we are.....
That would be the optimistic route.
The other option is that they expect to have things cleaned up before November 1, 2019...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.