Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex Ascend Spend Bonus - 20,000 points for 2,000 in spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Ascend Spend Bonus - 20,000 points for 2,000 in spend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by B3nder
Depends on your values. With ur @1.5cpp and Hilton @ 0.4cpp (unless they lower values again during tomorrow's "system update":
1.5 ur = 2.25% vs 13hp (Hilton pesos) = 5.2%. Hilton offer much better with this bonus vs Chase "other" category.

3 ur = 4.5% vs 16 hp = 6.4%. For me I'd still go with the ur for 3UR categories, because the 1.5cpp is much more flexible for me and like a lower limit cash value. And Chase UR have kept approximately the same minimum value over several years while hp have ~halved in value over that same time period.

For 5ur categories (Freedom 4q warehouse stores, Ink office supply and cell service), it's not even close with Chase worth 7.5%.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:34 pm

AMEX Hilton Spending Bonus

I got what I think is this promotion, but they asked for my card number and it's code. I balked at all this. Also, I now have a free card, I don't want an upgrade. Am going to be forced into a fee card?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:45 am

Has anyone received the points yet? My experience is they either post in a few days after meeting the spend or you have to wait the 8 weeks from the end of the promo which is 12/25 - which would put posting around March 1st.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I met the first spend target on my card a few days ago. No bonus has posted yet. Looks like we may need to wait out the promo on this one.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:18 am

My 20,000 points posted Monday.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mileshound
My 40K posted Monday as well.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Want to see if anyone who had the Ascend card, then signed up for this promo, THEN upgraded the card to Aspire mid promo has gotten any bonus points yet? This is the scenario I am in.

Ha Update: 40k points deposited into Honors acct from promo! So YES the promo does carry over!

Last edited by Hawkeyefan; Dec 4, 2018 at 11:11 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I just got my 20k after switching Ascend to Aspire.

I guess I'll see if Christmas shopping and end-of-year-whatnot gets me the next milestone for the next 2k spend/20k bonus.

Hmm... If I buy points on the Hilton double points promo, does that spend count towards this? I was going to buy $800 worth of points (160k) for an upcoming WA LV stay... I know they don't count towards elite tier qual or get points on the purchase, but I assume the spend itself would count towards this promo...

Terms and Conditions

Enroll and earn 20,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after each $2,000 you spend in eligible purchases on your Hilton Honors American Express Card ("Purchase Requirement") starting from the time you complete enrollment through
December 25th, 2018 ("Purchase Period"), up to a maximum of 40,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. Enrollment period ends on December 25th, 2018. If you reach the Purchase Requirement, the Hilton Honors Bonus Points will be credited to your Hilton Honors account in the 8 week period following December 1st, 2018 . Purchases may fall outside of the Purchase Period (and therefore not be eligible for the Bonus Points) in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped.) This offer is only available to the Basic Card Member; however, eligible purchases made by Additional Card Members will contribute to the Purchase Requirement. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Eligible purchases to meet the Purchase Requirement are for goods and services minus returns and other credits. To receive the Hilton Honors Bonus Points, your Card Account must not be cancelled or past due at the time of fulfillment. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time. The Hilton Honors Bonus Points you may earn during the Purchase Period as part of this offer are in addition to any other Bonus Points you may get from using your Card."
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
Same here. ^

FWIW, this was for the offer on the basic/no-fee card.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Wow
This happened fast, I charged $2400 on Nov 28 - 20k posted Dec 3.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Balls...I got the email back in October and didn't pay attention to it at all. I would have made it twice over by now. GRRRR....
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Balls...I got the email back in October and didn't pay attention to it at all. I would have made it twice over by now. GRRRR....
There might be hope for you - my email said I had to register my card by 12/25 and make the spend by 12/25 - so I'd register the card now and see what happens, if not call Amex to have them explain the date language.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
My 40,000 posted Monday as well....
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I got 20,000 posted on Monday and had completely forgotten about this promo. I believe I have just passed the second $2k spend and also met the spend requirement when I upgraded from the Acescend to Aspire. It's raining Hilton points.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
one card had the 2x of 20k bonus, one card had the 2x of 10k bonus. met min spend and points posted a few weeks later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.