Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does rollover work?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

How does rollover work?

If I stay 150 nights this year, and 0 next year, that means I qualify for Diamond this year, roll over 90 to next year so I qualify and then roll over 30 to the following year?
Same scenario, but next year I stay 1 night, does that mean I'd roll over 31 nights to the following year?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:49 pm

Nights can only roll over into the following year. So you'd roll over 90 to next year, then 0 to the following year. The rollover begins once you've reached the official qualification threshold, so once you reach 60 nights next year, you'd then begin to accumulate rollover nights that would count towards the following year. At least that's how I understand it though it's somewhat unclear. Also does anyone know if there's somewhere to check the total number of nights that you're on track to have rolled over?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Its defined very clearly- roll over nights only apply for the following year not the year(s) after.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: WN A+, CP, HH Diamond, National EE
Here is the link with all the info...

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/rs/...RolloverNights
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I assume that if one qualifies for diamond on stays, but doesn't have enough actual nights to reach that requirement, then there is no rollover?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I assume that if one qualifies for diamond on stays, but doesn't have enough actual nights to reach that requirement, then there is no rollover?
As I read the FAQs you are Correct. The FAQs state that a diamond needs 61 nights to begin to rollover.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
How about spend rollover?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:50 pm

Spend Rollover only applies once you meet the minimum Digital Key Rollover Threshold.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:37 pm

So after 120 nights in one year, there is no benefit at all of staying more? I guess I'm at 130 now, so no point in giving Hilton more nights. In fact, I don't need to stay at all next year, and none will rollover until the following year, so I could just take a year off Hilton.

Too bad they didn't allow continuous rollover - if they did, I'd give them another ~30 nights this year.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
So after 120 nights in one year, there is no benefit at all of staying more?
I have never figured out this theory. Given this statement, I should never stay at a Hilton again given I am Lifetime Diamond.
Cymro likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
Too bad they didn't allow continuous rollover - if they did, I'd give them another ~30 nights this year.
Well, Hilton has never offered this benefit in the past. In fact, it has not even happened yet. I for one think this is a very valuable benefit. But I can't understand how you ever stayed at a Hilton even one night in the past, since this benefit didn't exist?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday
Well, Hilton has never offered this benefit in the past. In fact, it has not even happened yet. I for one think this is a very valuable benefit. But I can't understand how you ever stayed at a Hilton even one night in the past, since this benefit didn't exist?
In the past, I would stay the min nights for Diamond, then go to Marriott as I worked toward their lifetime Platinum Status. Now I've hit that. So deciding what to do.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
The benefit is that you stay in a hotel. Not sure what you are expecting.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: EBD, HH Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond, Nordic Choice Club Platinum, Sixt Diamond, Avis President
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Last year I had 37 stays and 40 nights. 7 stays went over to this year.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Musta Pekka
Last year I had 37 stays and 40 nights. 7 stays went over to this year.
Rollover only starts from the end of this year (rolling over into next year), so that's not what you had.

Most likely you received one of the targeted promos where stays counted both in "this year" (ie, 2017) and also "next year" (2018), and you had 7 such stays. Thus you started 2018 with 7 stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.