Wiki Posts
Search

Double Status Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Double Status Question

Random question: If I already have Hilton Gold Status via a credit card but apply for a card with Silver Status as well, for example, then what happens?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Nothing. You keep your gold status as long as you keep that card. If you get rid of that card, then when you reach the end of the hhonors elite year, you’ll drop the to silver, assuming you keep the second card. No benefit from having the same or lower status from a second source, if that is what you were wondering.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Nothing. ... No benefit from having the same or lower status from a second source, if that is what you were wondering.
You could book 4 rooms simultaneously (2 per folio, on separate HH numbers) and still earn points. Very tiny benefit.

Last edited by B3nder; Sep 23, 2018 at 10:33 pm
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ah okay thanks so much!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:41 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by B3nder
You could book 4 rooms simultaneously (2 per folio, on separate HH numbers) and still earn points. Very tiny benefit.
Having multiple accounts is in breach of the HH T&Cs.
B3nder likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
Having multiple accounts is in breach of the HH T&Cs.
Valid point.
Hilton is aware of Amex/Hilton practice to often open new honors accounts without user intervention and has a process to merge accounts of the same owner, even though the terms clearly says even just having the multiple accounts warrants cancelling all of them.

I was mainly mentioning the 4 rooms as a joke, though, referring to Amex ignoring the specified HH # on apps and creating duplicate accounts.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
What is "random" about the question, seems perfectly valid thing to ask. The answer is basically "nothing". The is no cumulative addition of Gold & Silver (=Diamond?) if that's what you were hoping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.