Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Collecting Honours Rewards by booking for colleagues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

I need to book 5 nights in two rooms for 2 adults in a Hilton hotel for a couple of work colleagues. Whats the best way of taking advantage of any points on my honours account (I won’ t be staying at the hotel). If I book the flexible rate I assume it won’t take the money from my credit card and they will pay at check out or do I book the advance purchase to ensure the spend goes through my credit card and collect credit card points and Hilton Honours rewards?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The terms & conditions of Hilton Honors to which you agreed when you signed up, refer to what you seem to be suggesting as "account fraud". If you take a look at paragraph 2 under "Accrual" you will see that you must be a "guest" in the room in order to earn.

At best, you will not earn anything and neither will your colleagues. At worst, your account will be closed out.

If your colleagues want to earn, they should open accounts in their own names and they can then take advantage of the benefits.

Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks for your answer. I can book a room under their name from my account? And just collect the credit card points?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Normally, they pay at check IN. You MIGHT be able to arrange for your card but I wouldn't count on it. Prepaying should get it on your card.

Regardless, if you don't stay, you don't get HHonors points. Pretty much the entire travel loyalty system is built upon business travelers spending other peoples money.
munch2001 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Your colleagues should open accounts in their own names. You can sponsor them and earn a few points for your troubles. (google it)

You will find little sympathy on Flyertalk for those who abuse a position of authority over subordinates. The system is set up so that the business traveller gets the points, not the person/company paying.
indufan, munch2001 and wizla like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:25 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Credit card points - obviously you need to pay at the time of booking to get these on your own card, so you can't book a flexible rate. Unless you want to get them supplementary cards (and let them max out your credit limit....) This is no different from buying anything for another person else who will reimburse you in cash or bank transfer or whatever, and not a problem.

Hilton points - this is exactly what "points pooling" is for, Hilton now lets you transfer points between accounts for free, but only in increments of 1000. I assume the room is going to cost more than $100 so will get at least 1K points. If they are happy to let you have the points, then you can create their Hilton accounts and book everything yourself without involving them (using email addresses controlled by you - you can always change it later if they decide they want to use their accounts themselves), then transfer them to your account once they have posted.

Hilton stay credit - impossible without either lying that you are going to turn up later, or getting them to impersonate you which is only doable if you know the hotel doesn't ask to see guest IDs and credit cards at check in.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks again for the update (bit of a newbie to points collecting). Great tips from craigthemif and indufan - I will proceed as your recommendations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.