Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track to Gold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
GOLD fast track in April / May ??

Saw a posting (can't find it now) that stated the HH would be offering a GOLD HH fast track in April or May ? Any news ?

I called about the DIAMOND fast track, but was not offered it on the phone (but I tried and tried). Anyone that did not recieve the email call HH and have them offer it to you ? If so, what did you say to convince them ?

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
What history do you have with Hilton, any status?

Last year when I was a rookie I used the agreement they have with the company I work for, and was offered instant fast-track to Gold.

For more info, check also the dedicated thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ges-comps.html
Old May 4, 2011, 8:21 am

Honors Gold VIP Request: Fast-track to Gold Offer

My Hhonors diamond status expired in 2010. I will be starting travelling again this month, and am enrolled in the fast track to Gold offer (4 stays or 9 nights in 90 days).

So far, I have booked more than 10+ stays or 20+ nights within the offer period and most of reservations are fully paid (non-refundable and non-changeable).

I would appreciate the benefits of being gold member during my stays before the fifth stay.

So I called Hhonors Customer Care, but the rep said there is nothing she can do.
Then, I emailed the diamond desk, and the reply was that
"It is not financially feasible for us to provide this level to those members who do not earn the level based on the revenue generated through their individual stays and room nights."

The non-refundable part of my Hilton hotel reservations of $2,500+, has already showed up on my credit card statement, and yet Hilton claims that the level of revenue generated is not enough for my Gold VIP request.

I am looking for any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your advice.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Understand and accept the rules of the program. Paying for nights in advance doesn't earn stay credit - staying on an eligible rate does.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:05 am

I'm not sure what action you can take with Hilton here as you've already been denied twice. Is there any way you can mattress run the 4 stays on your own before your trips?

The answer that you probably should have received from the Diamond desk is that comping you status without completing the stay/night requirements is unfair to those members who have completed the requirements. Bringing financials into the equation is unnecessary, in my opinion.

Last edited by kenbo; May 4, 2011 at 9:11 am
Old May 4, 2011, 9:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today.

It's too late now probably, but if the stays are multi night you could have hotel hopped for them to get the first five stays in your first five nights, but other than that, you have to live with the terms of the program.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:30 am

Fast Track to Gold Level

Hi,

I have 400k points that were transferred to my account from an old job I had. I am planning on taking a trip next year with my wife to Italy and plan on using the points to pay for the hotel stays. I apologize if this is a silly question or has already been answered before, but I wanted to know if it was possible to gain gold status without staying for the nights prescribed. The reason I am asking is that it seems that the free perks such as upgrades and free breakfast has a "gold requirement". Thank you in advance for your help

David
Old May 4, 2011, 9:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In my opinion, a fast track of four stays to Gold is a cracking good offer, and to cut it shorter than that is pushing it to the outer limits. Good try, but now it's time to stay... soon enough, you'll feel the love...
Old May 4, 2011, 9:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It is indeed possible to do so. Search for thread titles only, threads only, using the term "MVP" (within quote marks) and you will find the shortcut to Gold with only four stays (also referred to in another thread currently showing on this front page).
Old May 4, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Or one stay at a place like the Grand Wailea. Worked for us!
Old May 4, 2011, 10:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx

will get you gold through April of the second calendar year (April 2013 if you complete it in 2011)

Being a valued member of the Hilton Family MVP program pays off. Just complete four qualifying stays or nine qualifying nights within the 90-day period of your choice and reach Gold VIP status faster than ever! (It normally takes 16 qualifying stays in a consecutive 12-month period). Exclusively for MVP Members. Offer valid at all U.S. Hilton®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels® and Hilton Garden Inn® hotels and at select U.S. Hilton Grand Vacations Club® locations, Hampton Inn® and Hampton Inn & Suites® hotels.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Search for the HH Amex Surpass card. For a small annual fee you will get Gold for a year. It is the cheapest way to Gold.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Go get yourself the HH Amex Surpass card which gives you the first year of Gold free... but in my opinion as well four stays at non-gold isnt worth the hassle.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:05 pm

Thank you all very much. I appreciate it
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Mileage Plus Fast Track to Gold - When does new status post?

Anyone done the United Airlines Mileage Plus Fast Track to Gold recently?

I have completed my four stays just this past weekend (points and stays reflected on my HHonors account), but my status still only shows Silver?

Anyone have any idea how soon the new status will show up?

I called CS and the lady seemed to have no clue what I was talking about, she told me to wait "6 to 8 weeks," which is a little absurd.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.