Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by silverthief2
Agree. I pass by every day and the exterior is suburban DFW office park chic. Oh, well. Still nicer than the parking lot it replaced.
I stayed at the Embassy Suites Convention Center, diagonally across the street from the new Conrad, last week. I agree that the building design is a disappointment. It doesn't fit at all with any of the other buildings around it. It's a very active construction site, mostly now inside the building. I didn't actually see any Conrad signs, but there was a huge Tiffany sign on the northwest corner of the building. The area has a lot of high end shops and I guess that Tiffany will be on the ground floor of the hotel. It looks like they still have a fair amount to do before opening. The mid-March date on the Conrad website looks like a reasonable opening date. I booked in mid-April when government per diem rates are available. I'll be interested to see how this hotel works out. It's not in my favorite area of the city, but I'm a big fan of the Conrad brand.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Swung by last night for a quick pic. It's coming together.

Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Agreed! Looks like things are moving quite nicely. The last few times I've been in CityCenter, I've noticed that they have some rooms on higher floors fully built-out and staged, presumably as models for the rest of the work. Hopefully they're on time with completion, because I have an opening weekend stay booked.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Don't know for sure. But, for example, Conrad St James allows Diamonds into their only lounge, no matter what room you booked.

Have to admit, a new Conrad in DC got Mrs BlueZebra and I VERY interested for our visit to DC next year....
Seems you need to book an eligible room to get access into the Sakura Club:
This incredibly unique experience is available only with the purchase of a Sakura Club-level room or suite. Guests who have not booked on the Sakura Club level and who are interested in enjoying the personalized service of a Sakura Club level room or suite, can purchase access at the time of check-in. The Sakura Club is not available for upgrades.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by v702
Seems you need to book an eligible room to get access into the Sakura Club:
This incredibly unique experience is available only with the purchase of a Sakura Club-level room or suite. Guests who have not booked on the Sakura Club level and who are interested in enjoying the personalized service of a Sakura Club level room or suite, can purchase access at the time of check-in. The Sakura Club is not available for upgrades.
Glad I booked it then...It was not a big price increase.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Glad I booked it then...It was not a big price increase.
Welcome the day with a breakfast that is as indulgent as it is nourishing. Ingredients from local farms are transformed into delectably unique offerings that change daily according to the chef's menu.

Revitalize mid-day with a unique take on lunch that offers items on the heartier as well as the lighter side, depending on your appetite.

Whet your palate with a savory bite before dining out or stay in and relax while you take in dinner with a view at the Sakura Club. Unique offerings are created every day by the Club chef and served by a dedicated team.

Japanese and American whiskeys cap the night in the late evening. Consider pairing a savory or sweet treat with your drink of choice.

This makes me actually wonder what is included. The description doesn't explicitly say that the F&B offerings are included (complimentary with access) and the price differential is sufficiently low that if they were, it would seem like an absolute steal (I'm seeing a roughly $70/night differential for what would, if it includes the above, amount to full board).

So it makes me wonder if the asking price is just the cost of admission?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:51 pm

From the room description...

Enjoy access to the Sakura Club offering complimentary a la carte breakfast, afternoon tea, snacks and evening cocktails

If you look at the Sakura Club description, it never mentions complementary, and yes, it sounds pretty fantastic. I was beginning to wonder (the Club description was not there when I booked the room) if it really was complementary. The room description still says it is...

Could the very reasonable pricing be an introductory situation as the hotel is new?

I will report in September when we are there.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Yes, will be curious to see. I didnt see the language you quoted either so thanks for that. Though, interestingly, for one thing what you quoted there is less comprehensive than what is in the Club description, as it does not mention the lunch or dinner offerings I quoted above. So perhaps there are both free and paid offerings, like an Admirals Club?

Currently booked for the first weekend they have loaded (Mar 15-17) though the page says the property is to open in Feb, so if that opens up I will move up my reservation; love the Conrad brand globally and so am very curious to check out this new addition right down the road from me.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:25 pm

In case it's helpful to others, I shot the hotel an email (very quick response BTW) to confirm the answers to a couple questions I had on the Sakura Club since we'll be staying as a diamond in March and didn't want any surprises.

1) There are no age restrictions for the club, though I'll naturally assume an adult should be present with youngsters.
2) Confirmed Diamond status will not get you into the club. "The Sakura Club will be an elevated experience featuring diverse programming including customized meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), concierge service with private check-in and check-out, dedicated staff, evening cocktail reception, and an afternoon tea ritual. Based on such an extensive offering, we will forego upgrades for our valued diamond members. The experience will entail so much more than the traditional executive lounge.
Diamond members who do not book a room on the Sakura Club level will receive access to a lovely continental buffet breakfast in our signature restaurant, Estuary. We will also make every effort to provide a room upgrade upon arrival, based on availability."

I guess we'll see what happens in practice down the road for diamonds, but that's the word for now.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by amazingjames
In case it's helpful to others, I shot the hotel an email (very quick response BTW) to confirm the answers to a couple questions I had on the Sakura Club since we'll be staying as a diamond in March and didn't want any surprises.

1) There are no age restrictions for the club, though I'll naturally assume an adult should be present with youngsters.
2) Confirmed Diamond status will not get you into the club. "The Sakura Club will be an elevated experience featuring diverse programming including customized meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), concierge service with private check-in and check-out, dedicated staff, evening cocktail reception, and an afternoon tea ritual. Based on such an extensive offering, we will forego upgrades for our valued diamond members. The experience will entail so much more than the traditional executive lounge.
Diamond members who do not book a room on the Sakura Club level will receive access to a lovely continental buffet breakfast in our signature restaurant, Estuary. We will also make every effort to provide a room upgrade upon arrival, based on availability."

I guess we'll see what happens in practice down the road for diamonds, but that's the word for now.
Thank you for the research. As they aren't open yet (March?) surprised they had a staffed up e mail, but I guess as they are taking bookings, and offering higher levels of service....
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amazingjames
The Sakura Club will be an elevated experience featuring diverse programming including customized meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), concierge service with private check-in and check-out, dedicated staff, evening cocktail reception
Thanks for reaching out to management - did you get any indication as to whether the aforementioned, particularly lunch/dinner, are actually gratis or that the fee is just the cost of entry? As noted above, for the differential in price to essentially equate to full board, if true, would make it quite a bargain (though eating 3x a day at a hotel when in DC would be an absolute shame given the wealth of fantastic restaurants in walking distance).
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Other than the "customized" lunch and dinner (assuming that they're included in the cost), the Sakura Club appears to simply have the services that Conrad executive lounges in Asia offer. I guess that expectations in the US are very low. So, this Conrad won't feature an executive lounge? That's pretty disappointing. Nonetheless, I still look forward to trying the hotel out in April, assuming that the furlough is over by then.

Last edited by jefftiger; Jan 1, 2019 at 1:12 pm
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Thanks for reaching out to management - did you get any indication as to whether the aforementioned, particularly lunch/dinner, are actually gratis or that the fee is just the cost of entry? As noted above, for the differential in price to essentially equate to full board, if true, would make it quite a bargain (though eating 3x a day at a hotel when in DC would be an absolute shame given the wealth of fantastic restaurants in walking distance).
I didn't ask as I was more concerned about access, and the room description says it's included. "Access to the Sakura Club includes: ?Complimentary gourmet à la carte dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner by a dedicated chef"

Maybe I should take a screenshot of it just in case it changes later :-)
arlflyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:03 pm

Anyone have any stays here since it opened last month?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dman22
Anyone have any stays here since it opened last month?
Also interested in what the experience was like for a Diamond. I'm in DC monthly for work and was thinking of tacking a night on here this month since I'm extending to do some exploring in the city one weekend. Worth it with no exec lounge (which is one of the biggest perks of Conrads)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.