Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"No Breakfast" Rate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
"No Breakfast" Rate

I have a night booked on a sale rate at the Dublin Airport Hilton (a misnomer if ever there was one). The rate details include "no breakfast". it is no big deal as I can get some food in the lounge when I get to the airport. But I wondered if that means that the normal diamond benefit of a full breakfast at that hotel is disapplied? Does anyone have any experience of this?

Sorry if this has been already discussed. I did not succeed in a search.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by hsmall
I have a night booked on a sale rate at the Dublin Airport Hilton (a misnomer if ever there was one). The rate details include "no breakfast". it is no big deal as I can get some food in the lounge when I get to the airport. But I wondered if that means that the normal diamond benefit of a full breakfast at that hotel is disapplied? Does anyone have any experience of this?

Sorry if this has been already discussed. I did not succeed in a search.
As a Diamond you will have full breakfast. I believe the no breakfast rate is for non Honors, blue and silver members. Gold and Diamond get full breakfast at this property regardless the rate.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Recent thread on this 'no breakfast' rate -
Rate says 'No breakfast' - true for Gold?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:14 pm

They're just playing chicken with you. Don't flinch.
wizla, silverthief2, bbbb and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
They're just playing chicken with you. Don't flinch.
Top answer right there!
hsmall, silverthief2 and bbbb like this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Recent thread on this 'no breakfast' rate -
Rate says 'No breakfast' - true for Gold?
Thank you. Google was clearly not my friend when I did a search. Moderators feel free to merge or lock this thread.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:57 am

I stayed there in January on a 'no breakfast' rate. As HH Gold I received an expansive buffet breakfast for two gratis; the honeycomb was a nice touch. Gold also gets you the shuttle to the airport at no cost for both of us, even though only one of us was Gold...no question was asked when I flashed a single Gold card on my phone.

Music in the bar on a sunday night was loud and energetic....don't expect a quiet dinner! ;-)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:37 pm

I'm a Diamond and stayed at the Dublin Airport in June. Prior to booking I called central toll free number to ask and response was as Diamond - no problem you'll get breakfast. Anyways I booked and stayed there and had no problem and didn't ask. At check-in I was thanked for my loyalty and advised when and where breakfast would be served. I did this at several hotels in Europe over the summer.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atlgaflyer
I'm a Diamond and stayed at the Dublin Airport in June. Prior to booking I called central toll free number to ask and response was as Diamond - no problem you'll get breakfast. Anyways I booked and stayed there and had no problem and didn't ask. At check-in I was thanked for my loyalty and advised when and where breakfast would be served. I did this at several hotels in Europe over the summer.
..and this is exactly what happened to me last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.