FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit {THA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1921930-doubletree-hilton-bangkok-ploenchit-tha.html)

Xiaotung Jan 8, 2023 2:50 am

Beware that the best room this property will upgrade a Diamond member to is a Premium room. According to the front desk, they don't have a standard suite that other hotels upgrade their members to. Instead, they have an Executive Suite which is not a standard suite. That is the reason that suites are excluded from the upgrade pool. In reality, the Executive Suite is just a fancy name and is very average. How do other fellow members think about this tactic?

Jaimito Cartero Jan 8, 2023 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 34903875)
Beware that the best room this property will upgrade a Diamond member to is a Premium room. According to the front desk, they don't have a standard suite that other hotels upgrade their members to. Instead, they have an Executive Suite which is not a standard suite. That is the reason that suites are excluded from the upgrade pool. In reality, the Executive Suite is just a fancy name and is very average. How do other fellow members think about this tactic?

If you’re not happy, then I’d book a property that will upgrade you.

Schwann Jan 8, 2023 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 34903875)

As per the recent previous posts including mine, they really don't like upgrading people.

Xiaotung Jan 8, 2023 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 34903927)
If you’re not happy, then I’d book a property that will upgrade you.

The thing is you don't know that in advance. That's why I commented here so that those who do care can factor that in when booking. Bangkok is not short of choices.

mcgahat Jan 8, 2023 10:58 am

Looking at the photos posted above, the rooms look much better than the other DT property on Soi 26 which has become pretty tired. For the prices I see on this property....looks like pretty decent value. I like that the floors appear to be not carpeted! Wish more hotels did that.

loun80 Mar 19, 2023 11:49 pm

Just completed a stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit in March 2023. Good value. Just down the street from JW Marriott in a quiet area. As a Diamond Elite member, got upgraded to a premium king room which is a bigger room with bigger washroom and better view.

Renovations are complete in the rooms despite the previous complaints. Still no executive lounge. You get drink vouchers instead. Acceptable breakfast spread. Not extravagant.

Staff spoke good English and service was good.

Compliment Mar 27, 2024 9:10 am

Any recent stays?

fransknorge Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

One post above yours there is a poster that describes his experience from last week. So maybe read that first and then ask clear questions about what you actually want/need to know.

Compliment Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 36116523)
One post above yours there is a poster that describes his experience from last week. So maybe read that first and then ask clear questions about what you actually want/need to know.

Thank you, thats awfully nice of you.

We dont have 2023 anymore though - time flies huh?

fransknorge Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

Well I read the date too quickly, my bad. Nevertheless a clear question would still be appreciated, because except a yes or no your question does not exactly invite to specify what you would like to know.