FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit {THA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1921930-doubletree-hilton-bangkok-ploenchit-tha.html)

JJeffrey Jun 18, 2019 5:56 am

Yep, mentioned in the master thread for this property that it's now open for booking.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...er-2019-a.html

Superorb Jun 19, 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio (Post 31203360)
The hotel can now be booked for dates in October... But no executive rooms come up, even though suites can be booked. Have they changed their mind about having an executive lounge...?

I can't find any info on a lounge either. And it's cheaper than the other DT that doesn't have a lounge.

Also noticed that the Hilton next to the old DT is the same price as the Conrad. I haven't been to the Hilton but the Conrad is wonderful and the suites at the old DT are nice with excellent breakfasts.

IzoukI Jun 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 31219204)
I can't find any info on a lounge either. And it's cheaper than the other DT that doesn't have a lounge.

Also noticed that the Hilton next to the old DT is the same price as the Conrad. I haven't been to the Hilton but the Conrad is wonderful and the suites at the old DT are nice with excellent breakfasts.

Majestic Grande Sukhumvit Hotel soon to be DT is currently still open and under renovation as from tripadvisor review.

More reviews can be found here: https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel...l-Bangkok.html

As it set to be DT in coming October, any idea if all the room has been renovated? The claim points seem reasonable, but it will be a shame if the room are yet to be refurbished.

Cymro Jun 20, 2019 10:06 am

Given that the deluxe rooms are listed as "renovated" and are the same size as the standard, I'd very much assume that's not the case.

For my current dates it's within 100B of the other DT and within 700B of both Hiltons.

cln Sep 7, 2019 11:11 am

There is a sale now, 1999THB++ for my dates that is more than 1000THB cheaper than any other Hilton/Marriott property. I dont like the location but for that price i'll give it a try

Alawyer Sep 9, 2019 1:09 am

Stay here or the other DT? Hmmmm

kaffir76 Sep 16, 2019 8:59 am

OPEN for bookings from Sep 27

Originally Posted by cln (Post 31501010)
There is a sale now, 1999THB++ for my dates that is more than 1000 THB cheaper than any other Hilton/Marriott property.
I dont like the location but for that price i'll give it a try

Same here - just happened to find this hotel while originally booking for DT Sukhumvit - the price difference is about B400 & though I did like the DT Sukhumvit, I thought I'd give this new property a try in Oct.

Will post a short review after the stay.
Not a fan of the location either but I find myself going for newer build hotels / properties as the older ones tend not to get the maintenance it should, with the volume of tourists that BKK gets each year - no time for a proper refurb!

ashkale Sep 22, 2019 10:53 pm

In BKK for a day early October and booked for 19k points- will share a review post stay!

FFlash Sep 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Got curious about this. Booked early October, cheap 2500 THB.
any lounge? Cannot find info...

SK AAR Sep 30, 2019 5:50 am

When quoting rates please keep in mind to state if it is "net" (including 10% service charge and 7.7% tax) og "++" rates (excl. serv. charge and tax) - thanks.

Kacee Sep 30, 2019 9:12 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76 (Post 31530570)
Not a fan of the location either but I find myself going for newer build hotels / properties as the older ones tend not to get the maintenance it should, with the volume of tourists that BKK gets each year - no time for a proper refurb!

Construction quality in many of the new builds is rather poor. Most of the new hotels, including PH, W/A, and Rosewood, have single pane windows which means traffic noise (and apparently water intrusion at W/A).

ashkale Oct 5, 2019 4:12 pm

Just completed a nights stay here, the hotel isnt fully ready yet-lots of floors still under construction or renovation. No lounge but a happy hour with very limited drinks(6-7pm). Soso breakfast with lot of food items not heated properly, overall still needs a few months to fullh operate in a very competitive hotel landscape. The staff is very green too. Room was comfortable but the temp is set at 21 and can get warm at nights. The bathroom has the usual drainage problems in the shower areas. Its a few minutes not so easy walk to either nana or ploenchit bts. Other similar priced options might work better for the time being.

deadinabsentia Oct 7, 2019 9:53 am

Stayed a few days ago. AirCon broke, no cold air till fixed 3am. MANY bugs in the room. Loud construction noise. Mentioned the above at check out.. manager didn’t care.. Hilton corporate ended up comping the night.

Ii will never ever consider this hotel again

Jaimito Cartero Oct 7, 2019 1:35 pm

Stuff like this is why I’m often reluctant to stay the first few months after a refurb.

FFlash Oct 7, 2019 7:49 pm

Just finished my stay and I have nothing to complain as per above posts.
Had no breakie, early checkout. I could checkin 9am, got a room on 23rd floor (highest 25). Aircon was noisy. Renovated =”premium” room it was, nothing fancy.
Decent gym, small but okayish pool.
Okay for the net 2600thb price, close enough to Nana and Ploenchit by foot.
Will return with this price.