FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton {MDV} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1915531-saii-lagoon-maldives-curio-collection-hilton-mdv.html)

TerryK Jul 9, 2020 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer (Post 32520683)
Interesting deal, about 700$ all-inclusive for seven nights per person

https://www.travelzoo.com/uk/local-d...ion-By-Hilton/

Not all-inclusive albeit still a good deal.

poppyz Jul 20, 2020 12:26 pm

Can anyone explain what
miss olive oyl pool bar beverage Al a carte menu 17.30-18.30
Gold benefit is ?

shawn67 Oct 19, 2020 10:15 am

New General Manager

I know that Saii has hired Patrick de Staercke who previously managed Crown Resorts sites on Komandoo and Kuredu as GM. Hopefully improvements will be made.

jphripjah Feb 7, 2021 3:20 am

I'm interested in going to the Maldives in April and since WA has no points availability right now I looked into this property. I was quite pleased to see mid-April rates of 57,000 points per night.

But after reading the reviews here I won't bother. "All rooms are smoking rooms" and "beach scene like Spring Break" sealed it for me.

I'll look into returning to Conrad instead or keep waiting for WA points availability to open up.

Thanks.

whitecastle Apr 12, 2021 2:29 pm

Any recent trip reports or updates to HHonors Diamond benefits for this resort? Will be spending 7 nights at the WA and then likely 2 nights here after or in Male.

Shelly Altman Harvey May 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Same

Deleted
my post. We've decided this is not the resort for us to extend out stay.

Crandolph2001 Oct 14, 2021 6:28 am

Any updates on this place? Tripadvisor paints a very different picture of this resort than what I am reading here. We need somewhere to stay two nights before heading to the St Regis for 10.

Thanks

WardourWill Nov 1, 2021 3:17 am

Given the recent Tripadvisor posts by some quite credible posters (and lack of Conrad availability) I'm close to giving this place a 6 night try. If anyone has an up-to-date experience then that would be fab!

kyushuman Nov 2, 2021 8:41 am

Originally Posted by WardourWill (Post 33691855)
Given the recent Tripadvisor posts by some quite credible posters (and lack of Conrad availability) I'm close to giving this place a 6 night try. If anyone has an up-to-date experience then that would be fab!

I like how you mentioned "by some quite credible posters" from TA. I am super tired of reading 5-star, fawning lovely Trip Advisor reviews written by those with only one review ever-- also when the first four reviews in a row mention the "super great pool guy" or the " amazing aerobics instructor".

nicholasashaw Jan 9, 2022 3:11 am

Currently half way through a four night stay here. I'll post a review when we move on but any questions just let me know

Crandolph2001 Jan 9, 2022 8:42 am

Originally Posted by nicholasashaw (Post 33885591)
Currently half way through a four night stay here. I'll post a review when we move on but any questions just let me know

Hi,
We are going to do one night there before traveling to another resort. Can you tell me if we need to bring power adapters for US style? Did they give you an upgrade at check in?
​​​​​​Thanks

nicholasashaw Jan 9, 2022 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Crandolph2001 (Post 33886054)
Hi,
We are going to do one night there before traveling to another resort. Can you tell me if we need to bring power adapters for US style? Did they give you an upgrade at check in?
​​​​​​Thanks

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bcd6414c82.jpg
Hi, don't think US plug will work with this. It's OK with UK but don't think US will work without an adapter. Couple of Americans at Diamond Happy Hour so I'll ask them tomorrow night. Also its 230V here so you'd need dual voltage.

Yes we got upgraded from Sky Room to a Beach Villa (double upgrade), really nice with direct beach access. We'd booked three nights on points and one in cash

You probably know, but just in case, if you're moving between islands you have to take a PCR test before transferring

Cheers

MANtraveller Jan 10, 2022 8:46 am

UK, US and European plugs all work in those sockets - don't worry, they are universal type.
For clarity I also stayed here in December and used them with UK, US and European leads - hope this helps.

nicholasashaw Jan 10, 2022 10:51 am

Originally Posted by MANtraveller (Post 33888977)
UK, US and European plugs all work in those sockets - don't worry, they are universal type.
For clarity I also stayed here in December and used them with UK, US and European leads - hope this helps.

You're right, my mistake. Talked to a couple of folks tonight at the bar and they confirmed they work with US plugs.

GratefulSmile Jan 24, 2022 5:51 am

Heading there this weekend for a night. What's the open bar like?