Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton {MDV}

SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton {MDV}

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 17, 19, 6:59 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Jermyn
Wiki Link

SAII LAGOON – HONORS GOLD BENEFITS

Due to the very special nature of the accommodation at SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton are unable to offer complimentary upgraded accommodation. However, as you are a valued Gold member, we are delighted to offer you the following benefits during your stay. Kindly note that Gold benefits are only applicable for cardholder and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay. In the event that cardholder is not travelling, guests who are staying with us will not be entitled to enjoy the benefits below.
  • Opening Promotion: 1000 Honors bonus points per Night (1-Aug to 31-Oct-2019)
  • Complimentary breakfast for cardholder and one guest per day in Miss Olive Oyl restaurant.
  • Complimentary breakfast will be provided in Miss Olive Oyl restaurant for the accompanying child under 12 years.
  • Free Access to bean/Co a la carte menu from 14.30 to 18.30.
  • Free Access to Miss Olive Oyl Pool Bar beverage a la carte menu from 17.30 to 18.30.
  • One bottle of White or Red wine upon arrival. Chocolate & Fruit amenities upon arrival.
(confirmed in writing to Points of Arabia)
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 20, 18, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Arrow SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton {MDV}

I deleted my post.

How did we miss this one?

It's not in our opening thread...

Last edited by hugolover; Jun 20, 18 at 10:23 am
Old Jun 20, 18, 10:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I'm not sure anyone "missed" it, it's been mentioned in multiple articles on the web. Not sure why anyone would go to the Maldives to stay at a place like this though.
Old Jun 24, 18, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by drewdawg199 View Post
I'm not sure anyone "missed" it, it's been mentioned in multiple articles on the web. Not sure why anyone would go to the Maldives to stay at a place like this though.

+1 Conrad or new Waldorf
Old Aug 16, 18, 6:48 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Gold, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Malaysian
When searching for Maldives' properties on Hilton.com, I notice the this Curio property now appears as 'coming soon'
Old Nov 20, 18, 3:05 am

Entry level (Sky) rooms are now loaded at 95,000 points per night.

Transfers are USD135 inclusive of taxes. USD67 for child 6-12 years and free for younger children
Old Nov 20, 18, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
Entry level (Sky) rooms are now loaded at 95,000 points per night.

It looks like the points range from 63K-95K. And the standard rates range from about $240-$485. I am curious to see this hotel, but wouldn't use points, perhaps a short stay before heading back to the Conrad or new Waldorf.
Old Nov 20, 18, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by JetSet05 View Post
It looks like the points range from 63K-95K. And the standard rates range from about $240-$485. I am curious to see this hotel, but wouldn't use points, perhaps a short stay before heading back to the Conrad or new Waldorf.
In October 2019 the cheapest room was £95k. What dates are you seeing cheaper rooms?

thanks
Old Nov 20, 18, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
In October 2019 the cheapest room was £95k. What dates are you seeing cheaper rooms?

thanks
looks like rooms are bookable August 1st at the earliest. Wonder if those dates will be pushed earlier.
Old Nov 20, 18, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, United Premier 1K

thanks

I did a day by day search using flexible dates search. I found most of Sept is 63K as well as Oct 12-31
Old Dec 12, 18, 6:29 am

SAii Lagoon, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opening August 1, 2019)

Hi all,

This looks like another great Hilton addition in the Maldives. I will be keeping a close eye on this property as it is set to open on August 1, 2019 before my planned trip to the Conrad Maldives. Looks like points rates are up:

KING SKY ROOM: 88,000
KING BEACH ROOM: 145,000
KING BEACH VILLA: 178,000
KING OVER-WATER VILLA: 210,000
sarahluv likes this.
Old Jan 10, 19, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt View Post
Hi all,

This looks like another great Hilton addition in the Maldives. I will be keeping a close eye on this property as it is set to open on August 1, 2019 before my planned trip to the Conrad Maldives. Looks like points rates are up:

KING SKY ROOM: 88,000
KING BEACH ROOM: 145,000
KING BEACH VILLA: 178,000
KING OVER-WATER VILLA: 210,000
Whats people opinions on this resort against the new Waldorf Astoria being built or Rangali?
Old Jan 12, 19, 7:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Miles and Smiles, Miles and More
Wouldn’t it be located too close to the trash island? I.e. the small island off Male where they burn most of the waste?
Old Feb 15, 19, 12:04 pm

Anyone with pictures or updates on the progress of construction/opening of this resort?

I will be visiting Maldives around the Christmas time and am considering booking here with Hilton points. I will have enough points only in late March and was hoping to use them for Waldorf Astoria, but they already opened booking for the period and all award availability quickly evaporated. So I may settle for Curio.
Old Feb 15, 19, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Looks like an option if you have to do 1 night somewhere to/from the Conrad or W=A.
Old Feb 15, 19, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mayaalex View Post
Wouldn’t it be located too close to the trash island? I.e. the small island off Male where they burn most of the waste?
W00t? Is that with carbon capture?

A place so threatened by global warming we are told, that it burns its waste? W00t?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: