Search

Status and Booking Question

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Status and Booking Question

Hi All,

I plan to book Conrad Singapore end of this year late Dec. I'm currently only Silver but will be Gold in around a month or 2 time.

If I book now for late Dec stay when do they look at the status to upgrade you one category and free breakfast?

Do they normally check your status and decide what upgrade a month before the stay?

Or should I hold off until my Gold has been granted and then book?

Thanks,
K.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:49 am
cjd

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Hi All,

I plan to book Conrad Singapore end of this year late Dec. I'm currently only Silver but will be Gold in around a month or 2 time.

If I book now for late Dec stay when do they look at the status to upgrade you one category and free breakfast?

Do they normally check your status and decide what upgrade a month before the stay?

Or should I hold off until my Gold has been granted and then book?

Thanks,
K.
As far as I'm aware, it's your status when you check in which applies. Hence booking now as Silver should not make any difference. When you check in as Gold, that status will apply and upgrade options apply. Normally, but not always, any upgrades are given the day before or the morning of check in.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I know when they open a booking in the system it will show current status. Should be the same when they print out the list of status guests for upgrades.

Hopefully someone may have a better idea.

Upgrades are mostly done on the day of arrival due to cancelations or people extending stays.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info

when is the next Hilton sale?
Old May 14, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Gotta tell you, if I was planning this trip and did not have the Aspire Card, I would probably get it. It gives you Diamond and is basically free
Old May 14, 2018, 4:33 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Gotta tell you, if I was planning this trip and did not have the Aspire Card, I would probably get it. It gives you Diamond and is basically free
That card is only available to US residents. The OP is from Australia. Non US residents don't have the choice or availability of credit cards which give such generous benefits.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Yep from Australia. I have the Macquarie Hilton card which only gives out gold. Need to spend A$40000 a year to get diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.