Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Aspire Card - Enrollment in Airline Fee Credit of $250

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie

Enjoy perks while you fly.

Feel free to check your bags or enjoy an in-flight meal on us. Select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $250 a year in statement credits when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account. American Express relies on accurate airline transaction data to identify incidental fee purchases. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying incidental purchase on your eligible Card after 4 weeks, simply call the number on the back of your Card. See terms & conditions for more details.

How It Works

1. Select the qualifying airline you want online, or by calling the number on the back of your Card. You can change your airline selection online or by phone once a year in January.
  2. Use your Card to pay for eligible incidental travel fees from that airline.
  3. You'll receive a statement credit covering those fees, typically 2-4 weeks after you pay for them.

Good to Know

1. This benefit doesn't offer credit toward airline tickets, mileage points purchases or mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, upgrades, duty-free purchases, or award tickets.
  2. Eligible purchases made by both the Basic and any Additional Card Members are covered. However, statement credits for eligible purchases can't exceed $250 on the Card account per calendar year.
  3. Read below for other important terms and conditions.

$250 Airline Fee Credit Benefit Terms and Conditions

Benefit is available to Hilton Honors Aspire Card Members only. To receive statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees, Card Member must select one qualifying airline at www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card Account can select the qualifying airline. Card Members who have not chosen one qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. Card Members who have already selected one qualifying airline will be able to change their choice one time each year in January at www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice or by calling the number on the back of the Card. Card Members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits. Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees. The airline must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be recognized as an incidental air travel fee. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Card Account. We rely on airlines to submit the correct information on airline transactions, so please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.
Print Wikipost

Aspire Card - Enrollment in Airline Fee Credit of $250

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
If I upgrade today, can I use the $250 airline credit immediately today as soon as I upgrade? Would do it today to triple dip the credits, but want to be sure that works first.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Anyone using Frontier as their airline? I currently have Southwest and have been credited for gift certs and even fare purchases under $100 and was wondering if these work for Frontier.
Since what works and doesn't work for credit with a given airline is the same across all Amex cards that give airline credits, you should look at this thread in the Amex forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...eports-f9.html

(F9 is the airline code for Frontier.)
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoshapman
If I upgrade today, can I use the $250 airline credit immediately today as soon as I upgrade? Would do it today to triple dip the credits, but want to be sure that works first.
It's very risky. You first need to have your account at least say "Aspire" online, and that can half a day or day. Then you need to select the airline (and I don't even know if that is available the instant it says "Aspire" online, or whether you have to wait longer to do that), and then you need to wait at least a day after selecting your airline before you make the purchase you want credited. That is likely to put you into January.

(People who have made the purchase the same day they selected the airline have had their purchase NOT credited! )

So I'd say it's probably too late to upgrade this year and be able to get 2x$250 airline credits you first card year. Better IMHO to wait a couple months, then be able to get one $250 airline credit then and a second one in early Jan 2020 while you're still in your first card year.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's very risky. You first need to have your account at least say "Aspire" online, and that can half a day or day. Then you need to select the airline (and I don't even know if that is available the instant it says "Aspire" online, or whether you have to wait longer to do that), and then you need to wait at least a day after selecting your airline before you make the purchase you want credited. That is likely to put you into January.

(People who have made the purchase the same day they selected the airline have had their purchase NOT credited! )

So I'd say it's probably too late to upgrade this year and be able to get 2x$250 airline credits you first card year. Better IMHO to wait a couple months, then be able to get one $250 airline credit then and a second one in early Jan 2020 while you're still in your first card year.
It already says Aspire and I picked my airline. I thought same day still works, but to be safe should i wait till tomorrow morning, Dec 31?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I was approved for my Amex Gold on Saturday.... After talking to 2 separate reps about how my credits would count for 2018, I made my purchases for Delta.

It's already the 31st and you are cutting it wayyyyy close... Chat with Amex ASAP to see if your credits will count for 2018. If they say yes, then make sure you save the chat conversation ...

Which airline did you choose?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:40 am

Will I get 2 $250 Airline credit's?

So I Applied for and got the Hilton Aspire card in 2018, I used the $250 Airline credit in 2018. Am I eligible for another $250 Airline credit in 2019 before the cards renewal fee of $450 come up?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eric Sollien
So I Applied for and got the Hilton Aspire card in 2018, I used the $250 Airline credit in 2018. Am I eligible for another $250 Airline credit in 2019 before the cards renewal fee of $450 come up?
Yes. If you go to your Benefits tap while logged in, it should show that you already have $250 available for 2019 (after showing in late 2018 that your airline credit was used up). If so, you're good to go as long as keep the same airline. If you change airlines, it'd be safest to wait a day or two after you change airlines before making the purchase to trigger the airline credit.

But keep in mind that in addition to the $250 airline credit, there's a $250 resort credit, and weekend free night cert each year, and free Priority Pass Select, so you may be able to lower your "effective" annual fee from $450 to below $0. In which case, why not keep it as long as you can do that, no matter what the "actual" annual fee may be?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:45 am

Just want to add a unique datapoint here...

I applied for a new Aspire card, was approved, and then went ahead and accepted my 150k upgrade offer on my Ascend card. I now have two Aspire cards. I set the Airline of Choice a few minutes ago and it worked no problem (and sent me an email immediately confirming the enrollment), but when I went to set the airline of choice for the second card, the website kept freaking out and changing the page to the first card's enrollment screen (and therefore kept saying I was already enrolled). I then removed the first card from online management, logged out, logged in, went to the airline of choice screen, and it let me enroll the second card in an airline. I immediately got the confirmation email for that second card, so I then added it back to online management and everything is good.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jacisme
Just want to add a unique datapoint here...

I applied for a new Aspire card, was approved, and then went ahead and accepted my 150k upgrade offer on my Ascend card. I now have two Aspire cards. I set the Airline of Choice a few minutes ago and it worked no problem (and sent me an email immediately confirming the enrollment), but when I went to set the airline of choice for the second card, the website kept freaking out and changing the page to the first card's enrollment screen (and therefore kept saying I was already enrolled). I then removed the first card from online management, logged out, logged in, went to the airline of choice screen, and it let me enroll the second card in an airline. I immediately got the confirmation email for that second card, so I then added it back to online management and everything is good.
I wonder if you used another web browser to set your 2nd Aspire if there would have been problems?? AmEx probably had the browser used to set up for your 1st Aspire had stored certain data.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I never go in the Amex credit card forum so by only looking at Hilton related threads I missed the fact that AA gift cards are no longer refunded on the Aspire card

I am not sure if this popped up somewhere else in the Hilton forum (if so, I missed it), but for the benefit of others you can read here about AA gift cards being discontinued:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-only-119.html
B3nder likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if duty free purchased while flying on long haul counts?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Well, I struck out on the last $50 Delta gift card being reimbursed. Every month or so I get another one and all others worked out fine. This last one - no reimbursement, and I definitely had the $50 remaining.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shmom
Well, I struck out on the last $50 Delta gift card being reimbursed. Every month or so I get another one and all others worked out fine. This last one - no reimbursement, and I definitely had the $50 remaining.

R.I.P Giftcard Purchases Counting Towards American Express Airline Incidental Purchases (DoC)

Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm interested in how the credit for upgraded seats work, on United.

Let's say I'm booking a basic Economy Fare. But before I pay, I'm offered "for $XX dollars more, you can have more legroom"...if I choose that, and pay for the upgraded option right at the POS with my Aspire card, will the incremental spend for the upgraded seats be rebated with the Aspire credit?

Also on United...since we have no status with them, how would paying for baggage work with the Aspire credit?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm interested in how the credit for upgraded seats work, on United.

Let's say I'm booking a basic Economy Fare. But before I pay, I'm offered "for $XX dollars more, you can have more legroom"...if I choose that, and pay for the upgraded option right at the POS with my Aspire card, will the incremental spend for the upgraded seats be rebated with the Aspire credit?

Also on United...since we have no status with them, how would paying for baggage work with the Aspire credit?
This thread is dedicated to Amex reimbursement. Aspire works the same way as any other Amex card with the reimbursement feature.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-ua-only.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.