Increased Elite Bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Increased Elite Bonuses

This may have been announced before?

"1. How has Hilton Honors provided an easier way to earn points?

We have simplified how members earn Points when they book direct and stay with us. As of April 2nd, 2018, members earn 10 Points per dollar spent (5 Points per dollar at Home2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton) and increased elite tier bonuses for Silver (20%), Gold (80%) and Diamond (100%) tiers. Members with stays on or before April 1st, 2018, were awarded Points or Points and Miles in accordance with their Earning Style Options."

"Earn rates shown per $1 spent for Silver, Gold & Diamond members include Base Points + Elite Tier Bonus."

"Members still earn elite tier status through stays, nights, and eligible spending — no changes there — and can convert their Hilton Honors Points into miles with participating airline programs around the world."

A Hilton Honors Exclusive: Milestone Bonuses – Members earn 10,000 Bonus Points on every 10th night, once you reach at least 40 nights in a calendar year. It’s not a limited time offer, no registration is required and there is no cap — the more you stay, the more you earn! And on your 60th night per year, you will receive an additional 30,000 Bonus Points. Members receive Bonus Points for all eligible nights counting toward Milestone Bonuses since the beginning of 2018 and will see these Bonus Points in their account page at HiltonHonors.com and in the Hilton Honors App after check out."
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Now that it is possible to buy elite status with credit card membership (Gold with Ascend, Diamond with Aspire), Hilton has to do SOMETHING to encourage people to actual pay for stays.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:46 am

There's a nice tracker appeared on the app, showing how many nights stayed since 1st April towards the 40 night/60 night bonuses.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
I received this e-mail announcement yesterday. For Diamonds, the basic point accrual looks the same as before (assuming one had been using Points+Points in the past). So, there's no net gain or loss. The new bonuses for 40+ stays are certainly welcome.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Very clever PR.

Increase bonus percentages. Actual points earned the same or decreases... (ok, marginally more for Golds)
Sisosig likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
How to make it look like they've improved a program in freefall.

Anyone actually buying this?
DiverDave likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The only benefit I see two to the new system happens when there's an odd number of points. Hilton had always rounded down, so that diamonds lost a point or two that way. Now it's just a matter of doubling the base points, odd or even.

​​​​​
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
HonorsRepresentative's posts on this can be found here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29572558-post145.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29264738-post1.html
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone actually buying this?
You either participate in the program or you don't. If it's in a "freefall" and you choose not to "buy" into it, maybe move on to another program that better suits your needs? Guest preferences vary; for those of us who stay single nights in less-expensive properties, the current promo is ideal.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.

Last edited by smmrfld; Apr 4, 2018 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by smmrfld
You either participate in the program or you don't. If it's in a "freefall" and you choose not to "buy" into it, maybe move on to another program that better suits your needs?
Oh I have moved on, believe me

But I still have nearly 300k Hilton points I'm trying to burn. Having difficulty finding redemptions above .4 cpp.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

But I still have nearly 300k Hilton points I'm trying to burn. Having difficulty finding redemptions above .4 cpp.
which is what I've come to believe is the true value of the points
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred

I just returned from a 5 night stay in Tampa. 120,000 points (using val of $.005), the stay works out to $600. Considering occupancy taxes in FL are at least 13%, I would have had to find a room for about $106, based on that valuation of the points. You can find rooms in Tampa for $106 a night, but not at very nice properties/locations and this was for the days into Easter/Passover. I'm ok with that redemption.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:18 pm

Go to Salalah. At 10k points per night still cheap for a nice hotel.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum

I have a 10 night stay at Grand Wailea December 26 - January 5. Got the room for 95,000 per night, 5th night free (twice) so 760,000 points for 10 nights. Got upgraded from terrace to Ocean View. That room is going for $1300 per night so I am getting $13,000 of room for 760, 000 points......NOT feeling devalued...sorry
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
I have a 10 night stay at Grand Wailea December 26 - January 5. Got the room for 95,000 per night, 5th night free (twice) so 760,000 points for 10 nights. Got upgraded from terrace to Ocean View. That room is going for $1300 per night so I am getting $13,000 of room for 760, 000 points......NOT feeling devalued...sorry
Congratulations, we're all very happy for you.

But a single good redemption does not establish the value of Hilton points for everyone. Under your approach, based on my last redemption, DL miles are always worth over 2 cpm, and we know that's utter nonsense

I've been trying to redeem my Hilton points for about a year now at anything over .4 cpp. Should have just burned them at Conrad HKG last month (at about .38 cpp) and been done with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.