Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

'See the World Sale'... coming soon!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'See the World Sale'... coming soon!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Nothing in HK.
Nothing in Japan.

Hi,

Thanks for that!

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:13 pm

From the T&C, we need a little more patience to book room with these rates:
for stays booked between 8am GMT, 13 March 2018 and 8am GMT, 19 March 2018
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: most
asia still not live, anyway, damn that international date line

Last edited by datexan; Mar 12, 2018 at 7:32 pm
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:09 am

For what is worth - this is absolutely pathetic, before the sale became bookable and after it became
bookable
FYI, two screen shots - before it was bookable and when it became bookable ...?[img]webkit-fake-url://1f567e5c-d008-4b2b-ad17-1a8e304974f7/imagejpeg[/img][img]webkit-fake-url://cc210cb6-4753-4eef-836c-acdb7c89162a/imagejpeg[/img]
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:20 am

With the attachments that you can see

Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:14 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by datexan
For what is worth - this is absolutely pathetic, before the sale became bookable and after it became
bookable
Whats pathetic about hotels having revenue management like airlines, ie 90% empty cheapest price, sell seats (or rooms in this case) and price goes up.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by datexan
bookable
FYI, two screen shots - before it was bookable and when it became bookable ...?[img]webkit-fake-url://1f567e5c-d008-4b2b-ad17-1a8e304974f7/imagejpeg[/img][img]webkit-fake-url://cc210cb6-4753-4eef-836c-acdb7c89162a/imagejpeg[/img]
can't see ur printscreen.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Any thoughts on whether booking a US resort with this sale will generate the $45 Amex special offer credit? I have a two night stay booked at a Hilton resort and this will save me an additional 10% over the AAA refundable rate, but if I don't get the $45 Amex credit it it becomes a wash. I'm really looking to unlock the $45 Doubletree offer from Amex which requires receiving the $45 resort credit first since I have a DT stay prior to the resort stay. Not worried about the $250 resort credit as my DT stay is at a qualifying property.

I guess the bottom line is does this get booked through the hotel or is an advanced purchase which would foul things up for me?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:37 am

can't even see any sale rates for any of the hotels I checked out in Aus.

Originally Posted by markis10
Whats pathetic about hotels having revenue management like airlines, ie 90% empty cheapest price, sell seats (or rooms in this case) and price goes up.
lol, this is 90% empty cheapest price, 90% empty with 30% discount, but 25-40% more expensive. That is kind of pathetic/illegal.

edit: none of the hotels that are listed as being on sale actually have any sale rates. Like the flash sale doesn't even show up

edit2: some are available through the link, certain hiltons has jacked up prices 40%, and reduced them 30%. Only a few actually have sales.
cbourl likes this.

Last edited by mingzie; Mar 13, 2018 at 4:50 am
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
So maybe I should be grateful that HK and Japan are excluded from this sale. Going by what's above that will actually make them cheaper than they otherwise would have been!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Wow thanks to this sale, I'm saving about AU$300 for a stay at the Melbourne Doubletree! I guess I was a bit late, as all of the days weren't available at the sale price, and the non-sale prices are higher than the AARP price I had locked in.
Nothing for Cairns, and the Sydney properties have very slim pickings, nothing that works for me.

Is Korea not included?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
So I happened to have looked at the rates for the Amsterdam Airport Hilton just a ew days ago for an upcoming stay. The sale price today is about 20 Euros lower. (150 instead of 170) for a night next week.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Just saved $54 SGD per night for our early April stay at the Conrad Centennial Singapore. Turns out to be near 20%. I'll take it.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:01 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mingzie
can't even see any sale rates for any of the hotels I checked out in Aus.

lol, this is 90% empty cheapest price, 90% empty with 30% discount, but 25-40% more expensive. That is kind of pathetic/illegal.

edit: none of the hotels that are listed as being on sale actually have any sale rates. Like the flash sale doesn't even show up

edit2: some are available through the link, certain hiltons has jacked up prices 40%, and reduced them 30%. Only a few actually have sales.
Posts after yours suggest perhaps you are not looking too hard, discounts to be had are evident, while price increases are a natural thing as rooms fill. It’s plausible folk have been waiting and now the sale is on, see no availability or want to grab a room while they can.

I took a look at my local and I am very surprised to see amazing availability of discounted rooms, with some days as low as $129, a rate I have not seen for years.

Last edited by markis10; Mar 13, 2018 at 2:07 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by aztimm
Wow thanks to this sale, I'm saving about AU$300 for a stay at the Melbourne Doubletree! I guess I was a bit late, as all of the days weren't available at the sale price, and the non-sale prices are higher than the AARP price I had locked in.
Nothing for Cairns, and the Sydney properties have very slim pickings, nothing that works for me.

Is Korea not included?
The dates I looked at for Sydney Hilton showed that the sale price was applied only to the higher graded rooms, not to the base grades which were readily available. Given the differences in the room grades are minute, this is a bit of a con.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.