Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hilton also outsources a lot of their IT and it is overseas. Clearly customer service is not a priority and they don’t want to spend the $$$
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It's the analyst in me, but after I got my lifetime totals from Hilton, I just keep a spreadsheet with all of my hilton stays and add to their totals.
Glad to see I am not the only one who keeps a spreadsheet for this! I started one last month after I got my lifetime totals.

Originally Posted by PHL
I had a customer care case number assigned when I asked my LT stats back in early December. I was to get my information within 10 business days. Here we are 2 months later....Nada. Even a month ago I emailed customer service, referencing the case number, and asked for an update. Still Nada.
Same here. I contacted customer service a couple of times 4-5 months ago to get the LT stats, and still have not received a reply.

I called again to see if I had enough nights for the Diamond extension, and the person I spoke with was able to give me the LT totals over the phone. Based on what I'm reading here, those may not be 100% correct, but they were well over what I needed for the extension (which I was almost 100% they would be.)

I used the numbers she gave me to start my own spreadsheet. Even if it is a little off on points or nights, it will be close enough for me to know when I am close to hitting the goal.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 14, 2019 at 11:51 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:58 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cargueiro
How did you do 731 nights in 2013? You can only credit 365 nights a year to an HHonors account. If you book two rooms at the same Hilton or at two different Hiltons on same night both on same account, it will only credit as one night.
In 2013 when I asked I had 731 total lifetime nights. I said I asked for total nights in the first sentence of that post.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:09 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
When I called recently, I was told I have Diamond for 9 years with 13 total lifetime nights. Sounds like they still have work to do....

Fortunately, I do have an email from them in May 2018 where they gave me a more reasonable total: 803 nights, 9 years Diamond, 805K points. I'll get to 1000 nights before I reach 2M points.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat /Avis First
With everything being on the computer, I am shocked on how long it takes to get a status update. I emailed HH in January and just got the auto message. Soon afterwards I received and email stating that they are looking into the matter. After a month with no response, I wrote back with the original email that I sent along with their response with the case number -then I get the auto response email and then quickly another email asking for my HH number and details -all which was on the email I sent (along with their case number). So here it is mid March and still not answer. In today's technology world -do we really need a case number and months of time for an analyst to figure how how many nights I have?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomuchontheroad
With everything being on the computer, I am shocked on how long it takes to get a status update. I emailed HH in January and just got the auto message. Soon afterwards I received and email stating that they are looking into the matter. After a month with no response, I wrote back with the original email that I sent along with their response with the case number -then I get the auto response email and then quickly another email asking for my HH number and details -all which was on the email I sent (along with their case number). So here it is mid March and still not answer. In today's technology world -do we really need a case number and months of time for an analyst to figure how how many nights I have?
Who at HH did you email?

Please see the info in the wiki atop this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...al-broken.html

for the best email address to email about HH lifetime questions. There seems to be a specific department dedicated to such questions, but if you just email "normal" HH you are not likely to ever get connected to the right department.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:40 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PHL
When I called recently, I was told I have Diamond for 9 years with 13 total lifetime nights. Sounds like they still have work to do....

Fortunately, I do have an email from them in May 2018 where they gave me a more reasonable total: 803 nights, 9 years Diamond, 805K points. I'll get to 1000 nights before I reach 2M points.
I would have hoped that reps were smart enough not to say "9 years Diamond and 13 total lifetime nights" and would realize that something was seriously amiss.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:13 am

I used the "contact us" on the Hilton website. I must have gotten to some right department as they opened a case number and said an analyst is working it. If it is in the "wrong" department, shame on their training to not understand that it should be transferred to a different department who handles these types of matters.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:40 am

On the same topic of why it takes so long to get a response on status, I am wondering how they figure it out for all other members. Do they have a fleet of analysis that calculate everyone's total to determine if they made lifetime status? Again with technology today, how could something take so long to figure out? Still waiting with multiple follow ups. Going to almost 3 months.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomuchontheroad
On the same topic of why it takes so long to get a response on status, I am wondering how they figure it out for all other members. Do they have a fleet of analysis that calculate everyone's total to determine if they made lifetime status? Again with technology today, how could something take so long to figure out? Still waiting with multiple follow ups. Going to almost 3 months.
Again, it could be because you're contacting them the "wrong" way for this. Don't assume that just because they gave you a case number or forwarded your case to some analyst that it will give the same results as contacting the email I mentioned that's in the wiki of the other thread. It seems that the people who used that email address got much better and faster results.

I've had the same situation with another hotel program. Use regular contacts, and it sits in limbo forever. Use the right contact, and it's taken care of almost immediately!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Lifetime Hilton Diamond Status with AMEX?

Not sure if I was reading this properly, but apparently if someone have the AMEX Hilton Aspire, which grants Diamond Status, and keep it for 10 years, they'll achieve lifetime status? So cancel the Hilton Aspire (assuming AMEX doesn't nerf the card) after 10 years and I won't lose Diamond?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lsquare
Not sure if I was reading this properly, but apparently if someone have the AMEX Hilton Aspire, which grants Diamond Status, and keep it for 10 years, they'll achieve lifetime status? So cancel the Hilton Aspire (assuming AMEX doesn't nerf the card) after 10 years and I won't lose Diamond?
No. You continue to be Diamond as long as you keep the card, maintain your creditworthiness and pay the annual fee - and Hilton and AMEX continue to be friends.

If you want Lifetime Diamond, as per https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...ond/terms.html you need:

David
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
To cut to the point you would still need either $200k in Hilton spend (2 mm base points), or 1,000 nights, in addition to 10 years at Diamond.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
To cut to the point you would still need either $200k in Hilton spend (2 mm base points), or 1,000 nights, in addition to 10 years at Diamond.
10 years is a long time, but since I'm MS-ing my way through $40k this year alone, I'm pretty sure I can hit that base point requirement sooner than later. Thanks for putting it into perspective to give me a life time goal.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
10 years is a long time, but since I'm MS-ing my way through $40k this year alone, I'm pretty sure I can hit that base point requirement sooner than later. Thanks for putting it into perspective to give me a life time goal.
Base points are only accumulated by staying at Hilton. Points earned via credit cards or even bonus points at hotels do not count towards that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.