Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
3 p.m. checkout at Doubletree El Pardo (Miraflores, Lima, Peru) as HHonors Diamond, with post-checkout access to executive lounge and pool. Excellent property, like staying with family. Staff remembered my name by the second day, provided friendly, graceful service throughout. On my third day at breakfast (excellent full buffet) my server suggested an omelette or fried eggs "para variar" (for a change). Access to chic private health club between the two hotel towers, indoor/outdoor restaurant, excellent location.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed at the ES MCO which was sold out last night. Today I asked for a late checkout and was offered 2 PM. I only needed 1:30 so I was happy. Been a long time since an agent led with 2 PM...at Hilton at least.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Folks seem to think it's only in the States where late checkout isn't so late; Hilton Bankside in London gave me 1:30 when I asked.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I've had 4pm in Bucharest and 5pm at the Capital Grand Abu Dhabi in the past few months. On both occasions I was allowed to continue using the lounge until I left the hotel.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:12 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
If someone checked in online and took the room you are in, with a guaranteed 3pm check in, you'll be out of luck anyway, no matter what excuse they use.
I don't think this is the case. More than once I have shown up at 3 PM or 4 PM to be told the person wasn't out the room yet or it wasn't cleaned yet.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
We got a 3 pm late checkout twice at the Hilton Bomonti Istanbul 'without a problem' this week.
Frustrating though that both times the room key didn't work anymore when we tried tot enter the room after noon, especially as our room was on the 33rd floor... No apologies, nothing...
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Virginia Crossings Tapestry Collection gave me a 2 PM late checkout last week. I called and asked about it via phone around 10 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Asked about late checkout at Hilton Amsterdam and got 2PM, no problem. Requested via lounge host a couple of days in advance of departure.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I usually get "late checkout is 1pm". If I ask for later, they repeat that statement. If I ask "can I stay later for a fee?" they say they can charge me half a day charge to stay until 4pm. Ok, so it's really just about money, not whether they can do it or not.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I usually get "late checkout is 1pm". If I ask for later, they repeat that statement. If I ask "can I stay later for a fee?" they say they can charge me half a day charge to stay until 4pm. Ok, so it's really just about money, not whether they can do it or not.
If I'm in a place like the SF, LA or Vegas where I have a red eye I wouldn't have an issue paying a half day a lot of times if I could have the room until 10 or 11 PM. That's absurd charging a diamond a half day for a 4 p.m. check out most of their competition offers a 4 p.m. guaranteed checkout to their top teirs.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I asked at the Hilton Boston Logan airport and they gave me a 2:00 late check out and said that was the latest they could do for free for a Diamond but if you wanted longer it was $20 per hour after 2:00.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just an FYI that Marriott, after full absorption of SPG, will be limiting 4PM checkout to those with 75 nights per year (starting Jan. 1st).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
I have yet to see a late checkout past 1:00 pm. The worst interactions regarding early checkin or late checkout are at FRA airport at the Hilton Garden Inn. Every single time. They admit to rooms being available but charge insane fees. Status or not, no wiggle room there. You are lucky to get your water bottles there.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Data point, H Hotel LAX Airport, Curio collection, refused to budge from later than 1pm despite 2 requests at both check in and morning of checkout with different staff members. Surprising since you’d think at an big airport hotel, they’d have an varied enough arrival/departure and 24/hr housekeeping to accommodate late check out requests.

Irritating part was they said late checkout up to 4pm is available for a $69 fee. Not a great feeling as a diamond member on a 90 day status match challenge. Lesson learned, always book Marriott/SPG for stays with a late flight.

Guess I'll stick with my Marriott/SPG Gold and Platinum 4pm guaranteed late check out then. Thanks but no thanks Hilton Diamond trial. Hilton Gold is good enough.

Through my 10+ different Hilton property experiences as both a Gold and a Diamond in USA and Asia, I definitely get the feeling there isn't a significant difference between Honors Gold vs Diamond elite treatment. A Hilton property will either treat all Gold/Dia elites indifferently (most USA hotels) or treat Gold/Dia elites equally well, including suite upgrades, 4pm late check out on request, Lounge access etc. (Most of the good treatment not surprisingly happens at Asian Hiltons with fewer elite guests)

Hyatt, SPG, and surprisingly Marriott treat their top tiers with much greater positive differentiation. (One standout for Marriott being their Asia Pacific Platinum Suite promise for stays of 3 days or less based on availability) https://www.marriott.com/hotel-promo...ite-upgrade.mi

I’m glad I’ve focused most of my stays with SPG and Marriott and I’ll be qualifying for Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum later this year. Hilton really needs to step up their Honors elite late check out benefit to be competitive. I might only need late check out once every 5-10 stays but when I do need a late check out, it can really color my feelings for a loyalty program.

Last edited by dchen2; Jul 10, 2018 at 1:17 am
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by dchen2
H Hotel LAX Airport, Curio collection, refused to budge from latter than 1pm despite 2 requests at both check in and morning of checkout. Irritating part was they said any checkout after 1pm would incur an $69 fee. Not a great feeling as a diamond member on a 90 day status match challenge. Lesson learned, always book Marriott/SPG for stays with a late flight.

Guess I'll stick with my Marriott/SPG Platinum Premier 4pm guaranteed late check out then. Thanks but no thanks Hilton Diamond trial.
similar experience at the hgi park ave, was told 1pm and anything later is a fee... really hope this "benefit" is changed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.