Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by flyou10
Everyone please write a Dear Christopher Nassetta letter! I have. Someone (not him) does actually reply. The more they hear from their elites the more pressure there will be to add this benefit.

Hilton CEO Christopher Nassetta
7930 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102
Great idea. Writing mine. Does @HonorsRepresentative read this thread, btw?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yesterday, at a Marriott where I had used online checkin: "We have your check out as 3:00 - is that okay?"

(said no Hilton employee ever)
Hippster likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yesterday, at a Marriott where I had used online checkin: "We have your check out as 3:00 - is that okay?"

(said no Hilton employee ever)
I don’t understand? They talked to you about a late checkout as you checked in?? I just refuse to believe that’s a real thing.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle

I don’t understand? They talked to you about a late checkout as you checked in?? I just refuse to believe that’s a real thing.
It is definitely a real thing! I had an identical conversation at my last SPG stay when checking in confirming that my checkout would be at 4pm (yeah!!). It was 7:30pm and my room was not ready. There’s no free lunch...
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

Happens quite a bit at Hyatt. They'll ask me at check in if I want to take advantage of the 4 p.m. checkout, same with a lot of SPG's,
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Michael19887

It is definitely a real thing! I had an identical conversation at my last SPG stay when checking in confirming that my checkout would be at 4pm (yeah!!). It was 7:30pm and my room was not ready. There’s no free lunch...
​​​​​​There's a funny sequel to this story: I checked into that Marriott around 3 in the afternoon, figuring that the lack of notice that my room was ready that they usually send was an oversight. But, no ... the clerk said that there was only one available room he could put me in, a disabled room on a slightly lower floor; I could either take that or leave it and wait. The room wasn't bad, although I wasn't thrilled about the connecting door. My point in this long-winded narrative is that around 6 p.m. my phone buzzed with a Marriott alert that my room was ready! I figure it must have been linked to the room originally pre-assigned.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
This post just completely sums up the HH Diamond experience with respect to late checkout. The notion that a hotel would ever proactively offer late checkout is likely a concept completely alien to many HH loyalists who don't stay at other chains.

As SPG Plat, I very often get asked about late checkout during the check-in process at SPG properties. It's also quite telling that often times when I say I only need 2pm or whatever, the FD agent says he'll just put me down for 4pm anyway. It really is a night and day difference compared to so many HH properties where even getting a 1 or 2pm checkout is like pulling teeth.
jamesteroh and missamo80 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:15 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gengar
This post just completely sums up the HH Diamond experience with respect to late checkout. The notion that a hotel would ever proactively offer late checkout is likely a concept completely alien to many HH loyalists who don't stay at other chains.

As SPG Plat, I very often get asked about late checkout during the check-in process at SPG properties. It's also quite telling that often times when I say I only need 2pm or whatever, the FD agent says he'll just put me down for 4pm anyway. It really is a night and day difference compared to so many HH properties where even getting a 1 or 2pm checkout is like pulling teeth.
Surprisingly I’ve had 4pm and even 6pm check outs proactively offered by Hilton’s in Cyprus; and even more surprisingly in Hilton Times Square(!)

In starwood I’m only gold, and have a very poor record (and never proactively offered!).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
even more surprisingly in Hilton Times Square(!)
Yes that is surprising. I stayed there in December. “Can I please get a late checkout” “No!” He even said no before I could finish. I countered with the “Even for Diamond” (at this point he hasn’t even look at his computer). “Ok, we can do 1 extra hour”.

The typical pulling teath and shocked you even asked routine.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Recent treatment in NYC, no early check in, no upgrades, no real late check out, barely got one hour late check out. Was also told that 80% of their guests are diamonds, or something preposterous like that. Wow....
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
Recent treatment in NYC, no early check in, no upgrades, no real late check out, barely got one hour late check out. Was also told that 80% of their guests are diamonds, or something preposterous like that. Wow....
What property was this?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
I was pro-actively offered late checkout at the DoubleTree Greenwich (London) yesterday.
I didn’t actually need late checkout, but asked how late out of curiosity, reply was “2pm, 3pm?” I think she mistook my puzzled face for a lack of satisfaction and then offered 4pm!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nk15
Well when candy is free....
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For the first time in my multi year Hilton elite life, I got a 2pm checkout without having to kidnap the GM's children and hold them hostage. (not saying I condone this, but it may be the only way to get late check out at a Hilton ) It was at the Conrad Beijing a couple weeks ago. I gently approached the desk in the exec lounge and said we'd be checking out today, and asked for late check out due to our flight. The girl offered 2pm checkout without a hesitation and immediately handed me re-coded keys. I was so dumbfounded that I could not find a word beyond "Thanks..."
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
No problem on late check outs this past weekend at Hilton Sukhumvit . got a 3pm. plus i said our flight didn't leave till 730pm and they said stay in the executive lounge as long as we wanted at the Hilton..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.