Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: FB PFL; HH Silver
Double Tree, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: got a late checkout: 18:00. Not only me, but also my three colleagues (without HH status). But then, this is one of the best hotels in Africa IMHO.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Anything beyond 2PM is like asking for an amenity of caviar and champagne! I've gotten 2:00 often enough, though one property warned me I'd be slapped with a $25 "late fee" after 12:30!

One Homewood I visit has the Head of Housekeeping making the call on day of departure only​​​ - checkin clerk cannot take requests, one must call or stop by that morning.

I don't recall encountering official pre-noon cutoffs more than a couple of times at any hotel. In that regard, I've had more problems with places unilaterally "waiving" cleaning when I've tarried too long with my DND out in the morning.
In part this is because a good chunk of Hilton's US select service properties (especially ones that are franchised) have an arrangement with their housekeeping which assigns most of them a certain number of rooms to clean/turn around and say 5 hours in which to do it. It they finish all of their rooms before their shift is up, they can go home and still get paid for the whole shift. Once those housekeepers leave their might be only one or two housekeepers in house.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I don't ask often, usually for a late flight as is the case for most of us, and usually given 4pm. If it is later I have been told they will give me access to the lounge, and in Cape Town were the hotel was full the next night and needed my room, they offered to store my luggage and let me use the gym change rooms to have a shower before an evening flight.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:47 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Every hotel I've ever stayed at has told me that they couldn't offer late check out until the morning of check out day, and to ask then front desk then.

I've usually been successful, but have never asked for anything past 2pm
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I don't ask often, usually for a late flight as is the case for most of us, and usually given 4pm. If it is later I have been told they will give me access to the lounge, and in Cape Town were the hotel was full the next night and needed my room, they offered to store my luggage and let me use the gym change rooms to have a shower before an evening flight.
that is a great idea
ask to stay in the lounge if required
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sannmann
Diamond with Hilton and Gold with Marriott. One thing nice about Marriott is the guaranteed 4pm check out as a Gold.
This was originally a Gold benefit for SPG. Marriott implemented it after the merger. It will be interesting to see what happens once Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest are merged. SPG Gold requires 25 nights and Marriott Gold requires 25 nights (or 10 stays) at SPG hotels or 50 nights at Marriott hotels
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Miles and Smiles, Miles and More
I got it almost always when I asked - was refused only once (and, to tell the truth, the hotel was pretty full on that day). I usually ask for 13.00-14.00 (city hotels) but I did ask and get 16.00-18.00 a few times (in resorts, when the flight home was quite late). But I stay either in Europe (city hotels) or in Africa/Asia (holiday resorts) so I have no experience with US Hiltons.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
My record late checkout: Doubletree El Pardo, Miraflores, Lima: I had an 11pm flight, asked what they would do, they gave me 8 pm. I had to leave at 7:30 to make my flight!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Every hotel I've ever stayed at has told me that they couldn't offer late check out until the morning of check out day, and to ask then front desk then.
This is a pet peeve of mine. Most of the time I want a late checkout it is because I want to sleep later.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I got a 6pm in Buenos Aires as a Gold.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
With the ever filling the ranks of Diamond and Gold by HH, it's never going to happen. SPG and Hyatt have much better policies. IHG used to have it with RA - not sure how that is going anymore.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:07 am

I have had reasonable success with Hilton on late check-out requests.
Latest was 6pm but 3-4pm checkouts are the norm.
I estimate 60% are requested while 40% are offered...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Was granted a 3pm checkout last weekend (I asked because I wanted a nap after breakfast after a few short nights).
The annoying thing was that housekeeping came knocking my door at 12:30 and again at 1:30 :-((
I gave up in the end and left the room at 2pm...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Was granted a 3pm checkout last weekend (I asked because I wanted a nap after breakfast after a few short nights).
The annoying thing was that housekeeping came knocking my door at 12:30 and again at 1:30 :-((
I gave up in the end and left the room at 2pm...
Even with a DND on the door ?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got 8 pm in Addas Ababa once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.