Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many newly minted Diamonds?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

How many newly minted Diamonds?

I wonder with the release of the AMEX Aspire card how many new Diamonds there will be?
I have to believe that it will be 10's of 1,00's so I wonder what that will do to the Diamond experience that we get today?
I would expect previously that even if you were a holder of other Hilton cards you might not be 100% swayed into staying at Hiltons however now with Diamond being offered I suspect that will change.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
With dozens of cc Diamonds at nice resorts daily, expect the experience to be more and more watered down. Economics will rule.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have to believe there is something above Diamond coming. They will first get the people signed up on the card and then offer something to those with actual Butt in Bed nights or a higher tier of some kind than Diamond.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
I have to believe there is something above Diamond coming. They will first get the people signed up on the card and then offer something to those with actual Butt in Bed nights or a higher tier of some kind than Diamond.
The rumored Diamond+ status?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-considering-hilton-hhonors-diamond-card-changes-existing-cards-diamond-status/
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:43 am

I've been Diamond for at least 7 years. In those years as a Diamond, what did I get as a real benefit? "Welcome and thank you for being a Diamond member"
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
I've been Diamond for at least 7 years. In those years as a Diamond, what did I get as a real benefit? "Welcome and thank you for being a Diamond member"
The benefits of being a Diamond are very rarely seen within the US. Outside the US, it's a whole other story.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
The benefits of being a Diamond are very rarely seen within the US. Outside the US, it's a whole other story.
I've seen this posted for years. Having never traveled abroad as a Diamond, I'm curious as to why is it this way, and why does Hilton find it acceptable?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
I've seen this posted for years. Having never traveled abroad as a Diamond, I'm curious as to why is it this way, and why does Hilton find it acceptable?
What are the examples we are talking about here
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
I keep hearing this myth, but from my point of view it is just that, a myth.
Conrad st James= No
Hilton London heathrow= No
Hilton Barbados=No
Hilton Munich= No
Hilton Frankfurt=No
Conrad Hong Kong=No
Conrad Dublin=No
Hilton Florence=No
​​​​​​​i can go on and on.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by aww3583
At a guess, the concentration of Diamonds is far greater in the US than elsewhere.

My personal experiences even at Gold level are that elite status is highly valued/recognized elsewhere, significant room upgrades (to full suites), etc. etc.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I would agree that status recognition is greater outside of the US especially in Asia. That being said I do find hotel service in general to be of a much higher standard in Asia than in the US.

I have used the room guarantee several times in the US and the additional points are welcome. Breakfasts are so so and for me upgrades are pretty non existent.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
I have been upgraded to (presidential) suite and upgraded without asking in Turkey at multiple properties. When staying in Italy room upgraded even though fiance (gold) booked it. Apples to apples I've been treated better at Hiltons in Europe than the US.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by MountainGuy
I have been upgraded to (presidential) suite and upgraded without asking in Turkey at multiple properties. When staying in Italy room upgraded even though fiance (gold) booked it. Apples to apples I've been treated better at Hiltons in Europe than the US.
Makes sense. I can not remember the last stay in the United States where I was at a hotel that had suites, presidential or otherwise, that I was not upgraded to in the United States.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I've been treated like royalty as a Diamond in Conrad's asian properties.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
Don't forget your parking spots at Hampton Inns!
DiverDave and Seabilly like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.