Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton London Stansted Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton London Stansted Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Arrow Hampton by Hilton London Stansted Airport {GBR}

The Hampton is terrible because you need to take a million stairs from the airport building as the elevator is being renovated -- there is a shuttle but you won't know that before reaching the hotel because it's not on the website, it's not in the email, it's not signed in the airport building and reception doesn't answer the phone.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 13, 2018 at 10:48 pm Reason: new hotel, split from thread for old Hilton
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:44 am

Hi All,Have stayed a couple of times at Hampton Stanstead, okay it’s a functional Hampton. Some of the rooms overlook some of the runway, what you might need to know is as you face the airport the Hotel is to the left. If you arrive at Airport by Train or Coach when you go up the escalator you come out in the actual Airport, when you leave the Airport turn to your Right. At the end of the Airport Terminal Building you will see some steps over the railway line, about 10 terminal side about 100 other side.Although I have not used it the lift looks finished, don’t think they are running Shuttle bus anymore.Hope this helps

Basset
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:06 am

Lift is now working and the shuttle has stopped. Stayed about ten days ago.
Volodymyr likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:30 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
BUMP
Hi folks.
Off to krakow on March 1st so staying here the night before on a park and stay rate.
Just wondering if anyone has stayed recently as last post was 2018…..any relevant information would be appreciated thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:16 am

Didn’t get a chance to do live review here as I arrived late and left for an early flight.

Arrived 10pm , was pre upgraded a few days before from a queen room to a queen family room with airport view.
Swiftly checked in and entered car registration ( it’s here for 4 days ) , £193 on a park and fly deal.

ROOM - was a reasonable size, king size bed ( European size ) was comfy but noisy and creaking every time I turned over, had a terrible nights sleep, not a lot else to report really, kinda slept, showered, and left at 6am.

BATHROOM - shower only but works well, nice towels and flannels

BREAKFAST - this was really nice, only had coffee and toast but the selection looked great , coffee fairly decent too.

CHECK OUT - Checked out via express check out on way out…. Terminal building is a short walk across the road and along the covered walkway, than a lift up to terminal…it’s easy.

CONCLUSION - apart from the noisy bed everything worked well, I would stay again but avoid room 738

ROOM NO - 738

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton garden inn Krakow ( I’m here now )
Freetotravel likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
How is Poland?
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
How is Poland?

Very enjoyable mate, real nice vibe!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:01 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
The hotel situation in STN has improved dramatically with the Hampton opening, compared with the previous option of the Hilton (where I stayed MANY times on business) which was miles away and involved a shuttle bus that wasn't even free.
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:36 am

I’m here again tomorrow night for a flight to Berlin the next morning.
Booked a queen guest room and preupgraded a few days back to a queen family room with runway view….its the same scenario as my stay here a month ago except this time my flight doesn’t leave until until 11am so I should have time to do a proper review including restaurant and gym this time.
Should arrive around 9pm …..will do the usual reporting.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:51 pm

Arrived 10-30pm, car park very full, got the last space!…. Room same as last report as it’s next door, not really a lot to say, swift check in , quick pint in bar ( stressful drive down ) ….very quiet indeed.
Now almost midnight so about to retire, flight not until 11 am in morning so hope to use gym and then breakfast…..will report back!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:59 pm

So no bus/shuttle, but walkable with appropriately sized bags.? If one had a large unwieldy bag, what options exist to get to terminal (if you know)?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by xooz
So no bus/shuttle, but walkable with appropriately sized bags.? If one had a large unwieldy bag, what options exist to get to terminal (if you know)?
Yes an easy 10 minute walk along a covered walkway opposite hotel with lifts up to the terminal.

Slept well bed very comfy and not creaking like 738 last trip, this room ( 740 ) has a different window configuration too as they are smaller with a wide concrete beam.

GYM - didn’t indulge but had a look for you guys, it’s a reasonable size , kinda two of everything cardio wise ( cross trainers / treadmill, etc ) free weights up to 20k and a decent pulley rack….towels and water provided.

Now gonna shower and have breakfast……will report back !
xooz likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:52 pm

Shower very powerful!…impressive.

BREAKFAST - not a lot to report, no change from last stay / post….it was alright.

CHECK OUT - via express box.

CONCLUSION - yeah it’s okay, nothing great but convenient for airport stays, would stay again.

ROOM NO - 740

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Berlin ( I’m here now )
Freetotravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.