Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Thank you Chris!

Originally Posted by evapor8
There's one at Canary Wharf Robert.

General info here - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1131.aspx
More specific Olympic info here - http://www.london2012.com/spectators...k-your-travel/

Chris
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Max M
I too am also coming for the Olympics, and while I don't have issue taking the Heathrow Express and Transfering at Victoria Station from LHR, I don't want to risk missing my flight with Subway congestion on my return to LHR, as we have a flight departure time around Noon.

I've tried without success to find a specific car transfer service that actually offers service between LHR & Hilton London Canary Wharf.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! TIA!
A quick Google gives me:

http://canarywharftaxi.co.uk/
http://www.airport-pickups-london.co...Wharf_taxi.asp
http://www.londonheathrowcars.com/qu...o-heathrow.asp
http://www.london2airports.com/areas.../canary_wharf/

Chris
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I too am also coming for the Olympics, and while I don't have issue taking the Heathrow Express and Transfering at Victoria Station from LHR, I don't want to risk missing my flight with Subway congestion on my return to LHR, as we have a flight departure time around Noon.

I've tried without success to find a specific car transfer service that actually offers service between LHR & Hilton London Canary Wharf.

You have MUCH more chance of missing your flight due to road congestion than public transport congestion. I would add that I hate public transport and avoid it wherever possible but on balance the timing risk from Public Transport is less than that by road, especially with many roads closed or restricted like in Soviet Era Moscow during the Olympics.

Black cabs are able and highly willing to take you to and from the airport to any London location.

Google will return hundreds of results for private hire cars

The Heathrow Express goes to Paddington not Victoria

The boat stops in 2 locations around Canary Wharf, Google works effectively.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:48 pm

I called arond and found Airport Star was our chepest option for 4 people travelling to LHR from Hilton CW. They were very efficient and I received a Email confirmation with job ref straight after I made the booking.
At the time I did not realise they have a website, so my booking was made through the phone.
You can get a quote and make your booking from their website. http://www.airportstar.com

However, like other have said, the traffic on London's road may cause some problems... especially during Olympics.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:45 pm

I use Keen executive car service. fixed rates depending on time of day. they have a website but booking to canary wharf can be a problem. not an area they routinely service. i have a uk mobile and call when i land. by the time i have gotten my baggage and freshened up in the arrivals lounge, they are there. you can also send them an email query. price varies depending on time of day. the cheapest i have paid is 34 GBP. the most expensive was 56.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:13 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat

IMO, you are going to be better off with the Tube -> HEX than any Car Service.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
To: travisw, & loyaltypointschaser-- THANK YOU for your help!

The reason I'm desiring taking a car service vs. The Tube, is that my fiancee always carries tons of luggage when we travel so that we have room for souvenirs and all of her clothing.

As to the others that suggested a Google search, thanks for the kind words and upholding FT Community Spirit.

Last edited by Max M; Jul 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm Reason: Being a tad snippy. Sorry.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
To: travisw, & loyaltypointschaser-- THANK YOU for your help!

The reason I'm desiring taking a car service vs. The Tube, is that my fiancee always carries tons of luggage when we travel so that we have room for souvenirs and all of her clothing.

But then again, maybe we'll just forgo any souveigners and spend our money in The States where it's welcomed, and just carry minimal luggage and take The Tube.

As to the others that suggested a Google search, thanks for the kind words and upholding FT Community Spirit.
Your money is very welcome in the United of Kingdom It's a great modern hotel with good transport links for sightseeing and shopping centre on it's doorstep !

And I've dragged a case with Thanksgiving shopping - kind United charged no excess (was in Global First) on HEX and tube but thats just me !

Also HH Diamonds can have breakfast downstairs too since Feb !

Last edited by mandc2000; Jul 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by mandc2000
Your money is very welcome in the United of Kingdom It's a great modern hotel with good transport links for sightseeing and shopping centre on it's doorstep !

And I've dragged a case with Thanksgiving shopping - kind United charged no excess (was in Global First) on HEX and tube but thats just me !

Also HH Diamonds can have breakfast downstairs too since Feb !
We welcome your purchases over Thanksgiving.

I appologize on my snippy remark; it was uncalled for, and removed.

We'd love to make some purchases whilst coming back to the UK [in fact just got back from Oxford], we do have spinner suitcases so that does help; and we look forward to some outstanding fish and chips, and of course a few pints upon visiting Britain again.

And I do rather enjoy an English Breakfast---I'm missing not having mushrooms and tomatoes; glad to hear the property offers complimentary breakfast in the restaurant for Diamonds.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Originally Posted by stc
IMO, you are going to be better off with the Tube -> HEX than any Car Service.
You can also just do the Jubilee line to the Piccadilly line (change at Green Park). I did this week Tuesday Morning (was actually at Olympic Volunteer training at Canary Wharf). Probably not too much longer than going to Paddington for HEX, and certainly much cheaper.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Hi,

Anyone stayed recently on a dinner inclusive rate ?
What's the dinner included ? Buffet, a subset of the A la carte menu ? (on page 2 a poster said there was a buffet, but it was a few years ago)

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Recent stay review at Hilton Canary Wharf with pics!

My wife and I stayed here on Friday night as it was within stumbling distance for a recent FT DO in London.

King Bed in Jnr Suite by BA_pics, on Flickr

I was very pleasantly surprised to find that this hotel now sets the standard in terms of service excellence for me bar none. They were simply outstanding and everyone, yes, everyone went above and beyond the normal call of duty when interacting with customers.

I had booked a refundable rate for a standard double Hilton guestroom, which I believe was the entry level room here. Obviously I was hoping that as a Diamond I would get an upgrade and we weren't disappointed as we received a Jnr. Suite, which was very nice indeed and very appreciated. ^

This hotel has always been a bit too far out for my previous liking to consider when staying in the city…this time however, the FT DO was at the nearby All Bar One just across the short bridge.

The hotel has always had a positive review for diamonds as they seem to give upgrades to Jnr. Suites regardless of what room is booked and this may be a good reason for you to consider it over alternatives in future…^

If this Hilton was closer to downtown, I would stay here all the time when in London, however, I did find it just a bit out of the way for most of the locations I wanted to visit…if you are visiting for work or in the banking sector…you couldn't find a better hotel in my opinion.

We received an email from guest services a few days before arrival offering advice on how to get there and a few other useful bits as well as asking if there were any special wishes they could help with.

We arrived around 15:00 so can't comment on getting rooms early or if upgrades would be offered if arriving early…however, the desks were full and busy but still someone came out from the back and asked if they could help…we were soon checked in and on our way up to our room on the 8th floor.

The room was very nice indeed and in a very good condition as well. Very roomy for London.

I won't comment on the pics, however, if you have any questions please do let me know.

Living Area in Jnr. Suite by BA_pics, on Flickr

Floor Plan of 8th Floor by BA_pics, on Flickr

Entrance to Jnr. Suite by BA_pics, on Flickr

Room Divider in Jnr. Suite by BA_pics, on Flickr

Desk in Bedroom area by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathroom:

Bathtub by BA_pics, on Flickr

Separate Shower by BA_pics, on Flickr

Large Sink, not much room for other items by BA_pics, on Flickr

Amenities and WC by BA_pics, on Flickr

We did go to the executive lounge pretty much right away (its on the top floor which is the exec floor) and had a couple of drinks and snacks (which you can see below, they were great and again better than many other London hotels for such sandwiches and snacks…) The lounge was staffed, empty and very clean with plenty of seating areas.

Exec Lounge pics:

Front of Exec Lounge by BA_pics, on Flickr

Exec Lounge seating by BA_pics, on Flickr

Finger Food in Exec Lounge by BA_pics, on Flickr

Desserts in Exec Lounge by BA_pics, on Flickr

We then went out for the evening but on return, the room had received a turn down service and some fruit was brought in as a welcome gift for diamonds along with a letter welcoming us and informing us of our benefits.

Fruit Welcome Gift for Diamonds by BA_pics, on Flickr

There was also a voice mail from the executive lounge manager informing us of the evening canapés service and alcohol serving times and inviting us to come and join them. ^

The next morning we went to the executive lounge for breakfast and expected it to be packed…it was about 10:00 on a Saturday and were pleasantly surprised to find it about half full and a great assortment of items to eat. The heated items were bacon, sausage, tomatoes, hash browns and scrambled eggs. The continental items were several types of breads, buns, fruit cocktail, jams, sauces, cold cuts, yoghurt, juices and coffee along with water.

We didn't ask about eating in the main restaurant as the exec lounge was convenient and appealed to us with some nice views out the big windows of surrounding London.

We did leave a bag for a few hours and had no issues doing so, everyone was polite, friendly and happy to give a hand. ^

After walking around the city for a few hours we came back and had a coffee in the bar area and again the service was excellent and very friendly.

The room did have bathrobes and slippers and larger size bathroom amenities, which my wife really appreciates!

We used the wireless internet throughout the hotel and found it very good for signal strength and reliability.

Overall an excellent hotel, very nice, clean, big, modern rooms, brilliant service and a decent location.

I just wish it was a bit easier to get to for the places I visit.

Hope these pictures and ramblings are of use and help to those considering where to stay in London.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Just an update on potential changes from 1st July 2013 for Diamond upgrades.

Told that it's no longer an upgrade to a suite if booked a standard room and that the Exec Lounge is closing at 8pm on weekend nights.

Afternoon tea is still good but no sandwhiches any more - wonder if the breakfast in the restaurant for Diamonds will also change ?

Staff still great though ...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond

Told that it's no longer an upgrade to a suite if booked a standard room and that the Exec Lounge is closing at 8pm on weekend nights.

Afternoon tea is still good but no sandwiches any more - wonder if the breakfast in the restaurant for Diamonds will also change ?

OK - i stay here a lot and have noticed a few cost-cutting issues going on...... the sandwiches as mentioned are still available but you have to ask for them and they take ages to arrive!, last Friday we ordered some cheese ones and brought out egg mayo!!! oh and only 2 quarters each!....as for the lounge closing at 8pm, again this is so they save on alcohol!.....whilst it's a great hotel and still my favourite I'm slowly seeing changes here that are starting to annoy!.....shame.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum

Afternoon tea is still good but no sandwhiches any more - wonder if the breakfast in the restaurant for Diamonds will also change ?

Could you give us some more information? Would this include upgrade to a junior suite too? How often do you stay here? Quite often and almost always from el cheapo standard to junior suite.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.