Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Question: Targeted Offer - Stays Count As Double

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:42 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding a targeted offer which I received via E-Mail on 28NOV17.

It says: "Your Double Stay Credit has arrived! Now through 31 December, your stays will count double towards earning Gold status"

Those are the T&Cs:

*This exclusive offer is open only to the Hilton Honors member who received the email from Hilton Honors(TM) announcing this promotion. Offer valid for eligible stays completed between October 2, 2017 and December 31, 2017 ("Promotion Period"). "Count double toward the number of stays" means each completed stay will count as two stays. This offer applies only to stays and will not double the Hilton Honors member's Base Points or nights during each stay. A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of whether the guest checks out and checks back in again.
If an elite status upgrade is achieved or elite status is maintained through this offer, the status will be valid until March 31, 2019. An elite status upgrade means that the Hilton Honors member qualifies to earn a higher elite status within a calendar year for the subsequent year. Maintaining elite status means that the Hilton Honors Member qualifies to preserve that elite status within a calendar year for the subsequent year. Members must re-qualify for elite status each year.
Hilton Honors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ when booking direct and redemption of Points are subject to Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions. Excludes Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China.
I have the following question. The T&Cs indicate that this applies for stays completed between 02OCT17 and 31DEC17. However, I received this offer on 28NOV17, so 26 days into the promotion. I currently have one more booking (booked 31OCT17) which would just be enough to become Gold, if it counts as double.

Does anyone know if this booking is eligible to count as double stay, even though I received the offer after having booked it?

Unfortunately, it is non-refundable, otherwise I would have simply cancelled and rebooked it.

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I think I had previous bookings too which did trigger double stay credit, no problems.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FFlash
I think I had previous bookings too which did trigger double stay credit, no problems.
Great thanks! I look forward to Gold and am very happy about the offer...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See the last page of this thread:
Hilton Honors Double Stay Credit Promotion October 15 – December 31, 2015
From other's experiences it doesn't like like booking date matters, just when the stay occurs.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
See the last page of this thread:
Hilton Honors Double Stay Credit Promotion October 15 – December 31, 2015
From other's experiences it doesn't like like booking date matters, just when the stay occurs.
Great news, jerry a. laska, thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
The last 2 years I have had double stay credits applied to my account. Both times I had no notification, and both times it kicked in during December, which was handy as I did need stays to renew my status.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:52 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just a quick update. The stay did in fact credit as a double stay, so I made Gold just in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.