Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

“Points Unlimited” Rolls Out Jan 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Points Unlimited” Rolls Out Jan 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Diamond
Wait, I thought you didn't earn points on full redemption nights.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Not very practical for somebody to actually go through all this trouble of one-night hotel hopping. I'm sure every program has it's sweet spots where you can exploit promotions to practically stay for free at lower category hotels, but there is a lot of time and hassle involved, not to mention spending a chunk of time in Egypt or whatever other country has lowest category hotels. Hilton wouldn't offer this promotion if lots of people were exploiting this, but I'm sure the amount is negligible enough to look the other way. Keep in mind they have been known for banning non-profitable customers from it's loyalty program, so even if you have the time to waste pulling these kind of shenanigans, is it really worth the possible ban?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
I had a three nights points stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur from 29 Dec 2017 to 1 Jan 2018 and I received this on my Points Activity Detail:

2018 HH1 POINTS UNLIMITED BONUS OFFER 2000

I did not have any incidental charges at this property thus I can safely say it will earn bonus points?
thx!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Just to add as I happen to live in Egypt . The two hotels in Alexandria that were cat 1 have quietly by Hilton became Cat 2 hotels requiring 10K points towards the end of last year .There are also 2 cat 2 hotels in Cairo . The Hilton Hurghada Resort remains at 5K and seems to be the only cat 1 hotel left but doesn't have an exec lounge . You could use the Hilton long Beach as a hopper hotel but it tends to be around 15K points a night or $58 . As I'm only 30 minutes away from Hurghada this could work well for me .At only $43 a night for the Hilton Hurghada Resort it would be prudent to throw in a few paid nights to not make the exploitation obvious . I would suggest Istanbul has more cat1 properties for easier hotel hopping if people were willing to make a special trip..... and they are also low priced.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember Hampton Krakow is now 10k. Average rate 45-50 USD so not much incentive based on points values as the need to bounce next door to the DT, which is starting I guess at 14k or more.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:27 pm

awesome post! love FT
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DisloyalTraveler
Wait, I thought you didn't earn points on full redemption nights.
Redemption nights earn promo points

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Reward stays do count .. and as long as you're registered for "Points Unlimited" before you check-out, the stay would be eligible for the promotion.

Thanks!
Lauren

PS Not sure why we need a separate thread and a cut and past from a blog....
chrism20 likes this.

Last edited by markis10; Jan 6, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by markis10

PS Not sure why we need a separate thread and a cut and past from a blog....
That was my immediate sentiments as well and with a little annoyance, I would not have clicked on this thread if I knew that in advance
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:13 pm

Many 5000 points hotels in China has increased to 10000. Do you think Hilton management is so stupid that they can't see this? They give this promotion that they want to increase points cost forever!!!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The 5K bonus per stay at the start of last year was more interesting in that you could essentially stay for free by hitting 5K properties, and didn't even have to worry about having a multiple of 5 stays to maximize the payoff, as you would in the current promo.

I guess it's the atypical nature of HH in awarding promo points on award stays that leads to such opportunities.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
My only strategy for this promo is if it is looking like I will be one stay short of the threshold at the end of the promo period I might hop for one night to manufacture a stay to get the 10k. Anything else is silly.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Anybody else can confirm that rewards stays (without incidentals) trigger the 2K bonus?
According to the TC's you need incidentals to be charged to your room but this doesn't seem to be the case...?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone having trouble with the registration site? Getting an error when trying to open it.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delectatio
Anybody else can confirm that rewards stays (without incidentals) trigger the 2K bonus?
According to the TC's you need incidentals to be charged to your room but this doesn't seem to be the case...?
I had a stay at HI with no incidental - not only I did not get this bonus, I also did not get my 250 points arrival gift.

Clarified: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29343706-post120.html as I ended up getting the bonus.

Last edited by username; Jan 26, 2018 at 2:31 pm Reason: Ended up getting the bonus weeks later...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
So.... does C+P qualify as incidentals!?
I thought award stays would count but seems like i shall need incidentals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.