Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Biggest shock to come?: When maximum peak Honors price ends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biggest shock to come?: When maximum peak Honors price ends

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pinniped
Even in a worst-case scenario, 75k HH are worth $375. So it's certainly worth $3,000 in regular spend.

Maybe not worth spending a dime over that, but I'd go ahead and use the card for a couple weeks - even for base-level regular spending - and accept the points. Unless there's a 13% cashback card out there...
I have the Surpass card and use it for my Hilton stays. Other than that I use the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and Chase Sapphire reserve combo for all of my spend.

So I occasionally will also use the Surpass card for Gas and Supermarkets. On $100 spend on CFU, I would earn 150 points, transfer them to CSR and the use them for travel they are worth $2.25 per $100 spend. By using Surpass I get 6 points per dollar. So same $100 spend on groceries or supermarkets would earn 600 points of $3 for the same spend.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Are you saying 1 to 2 cents per point? or one half cent per point.....a bit hard to follow
It's around 0.5 or 0.6 cents per point that many people peg as the average value of HH points these days.

Certainly not 1.0 cents, absolutely not 2.0 cents!

So based on that, I have to assume that was meant was one half cent per point. (Plus otherwise, if it were 1 to 2, why wouldn't it be written 1-2? The alternate meaning of 1/2 would be 1 or 2, not 1-2. But why say 1 or 2 instead of 1 to 2? )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.