Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can I book a hotel for someone else and get points for t?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass

I’m looking to book a hotel for a friend and his girlfriend as a surprise. Can I book the hotel and get the points and they will get the Gold Benefits?

Has anyone done this before?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html

To earn Hilton Honors Points for hotel stays, a Member must be a registered, paying and staying guest at a participating hotel within the Hilton Portfolio and meet all of the conditions described herein
Emphasis added.

Neil
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:06 am

To quote training for new Honors reps:

The member's head has to be on the bed.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:45 am

You've already got the official answer.

I had a few times, where I've booked for my family with my wife's name given as an additional guest. Wife and kids checked in first, I've arrived very late. I wasn't asked to show up at the check-in in person and we've got all benefits.

But - of course - that is not the same as booking for a friend and his girlfriend.

If you book a room for three, do the check in person, but don't sleep there, it shouldn't be a problem, even your head never touched the bed.
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
You can, it's called ménage à trois.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
If digital checkin available, then this is possible. But you have to share your Hilton app login with your friend.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:59 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Alternatively, if you have enough points, you are allowed to book a reward stay for someone else. You won't get points for the stay, but you won't be out cash either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.