Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Nice photos.

Diamond Card?? Does anybody actually carry it around with them? If really needed I guess I could just show the app.
It was the App Card the receptionist was referring to and that’s what I used.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
It was the App Card the receptionist was referring to and that’s what I used.
Thanks for that, just went & figured out where app card was! ^ Thanks for initial review, I'll be there in Feb. Did they mention if a lounge is coming in the future?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Stayed at this hotel last night, arrived very late, checking around 10pm for only one night. Very poor diamond recognition, only gave me the lowest category of room. had to ask if they could give me something better and then slowly upgrade to a Banksia room. All suites shows available on app at time of check in. Did not want to push as I'm only staying for one night.

The room was really tiny, you hang all of your dress on the wall, reminded me of all the budge zero star hotels I stayed in Asia.

The welcome drinks at the bar is nice. you could use it for any cocktails which is valued at $19 x 2.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Stayed at this hotel for the 3rd time, first as Diamond having just qualified in 2017.
The hotel fully opened in the new year with all 182 rooms now available (although app check-in didn't work for me)

Should note that the photos above are of one of 4 suites in the hotel (two Barrangaroo with views to Barrangaroo/Darling Harbour, and two Sussex with city views). These are all on Levels 7/8 and are twice the size of all the other rooms.

The other rooms from what I can tell are near identical in size (01/03 and I think 23/24 may have a tiny bit more space from the seat map) and relatively compact.

It's a nice room that looks good but they try and put a bit to much furniture in a small space and it's an open wardrobe that would hold at best 10-15 hangers. Nice bathroom with shower only.

The impressive bits are the tech - Bluetooth speakers in the ceiling (get the code checking in and stream Spotify from your phone), and a Corporate Chromecast allowing you to watch Netflix etc in the room (uses getstreaming.tv).

Gym is adequate but relatively small, though it's not a big hotel.

As Diamond got a cocktail voucher on check-in (which could be used for an A$19 cocktail) (which I didn't get as Gold).

Breakfast buffet now setup - the continental breakfast consists of pre-prepared individual bowls of Bircher muesli, yogurts, fruit salad, and some bakery items plus fresh juice.
As Diamond (and I suspect Gold) you also get a choice of one of 4/5 a la carte cooked options.

It's a nice hotel with some good elements, but definitely a step down from the Hilton Syd if similar in price.

And with only 4 suites, upgrades will be rare.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for review.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:54 am

Quick question--kettles in rooms?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Quick question--kettles in rooms?
Yes kettle and I think all rooms have a coffee pod machine like the ones in the Sydney Hilton Relax. rooms and above.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ozztraveller
Yes kettle and I think all rooms have a coffee pod machine like the ones in the Sydney Hilton Relax. rooms and above.
Yup my res mentions the coffee pod machine only. Thanks! ^
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Decent coffee from those machines

I enjoyed my first stay here. Different feel than the regular Hilton.

I would pick either one based on price more than anything else as I think it is a wash, location/facilities, etc.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:00 am

Slippers, bathrobe? Mentioned for Barangaroo Suite, but not Waratah Premium room...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Slippers delivered as part of a turndown service
Bathrobe as well (two of them) in the bathroom
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999
Slippers delivered as part of a turndown service
Bathrobe as well (two of them) in the bathroom
Cheers ^
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:49 am

Stayed here for 3 nights in Waratah room (no upgrade), main observations:
No closet/wardrobe, just the little pole sticking out of the wall with hangers. Fine for a 1-night stay, but not if one has several days worth of clothes.
Rooms tiny, seemed smaller that Hilton Sydney standard room. Didn't much enjoy the poncy bath amenities.
Breakfast was quite enjoyable, the hot dish options I had were delicious. Only opening at 6:30am can be an issue for me some days.
Staff were excellent at every encounter.
Arrived around 8am, and since no EL, I was welcomed to relax in the bar area, next to the breakfast area, and was brought water and tea.
Uphill hike to trains, which was a bit burdensome in hot weather and with luggage.
Thinking the Hilton will be my preferred Sydney property going forward.
lallied likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
This property is over price for the size of the rooms and lack of hotel facilities.....
kirkwoodj and lallied like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Have stayed a couple of times since the beginning of the year. 0 for 3 on upgrades (unless you count higher floor / supposedly nicer view as upgrades, which I don't). Rooms are decent, if a bit on the small side and as others have commented there is a tiny rail with a few hangers which doubles up as a wardrobe. Lack of bathtub does not bother me, but minibar is bizarrely tiny as well - its empty (which is great unlike at the Hilton Sydney with its error-prone "we'll charge you as soon as we detect any movement" minibar) but fits only about 4 small bottles and isn't all that cold either. Continental breakfast is good enough for me - yoghurt, a couple of small pastries, maybe some fruit and coffee (I only partake of the giant buffet breakfasts whilst on holiday) so haven't tried the a la carte options yet.

Great thing though about this property is that it is a 1 minute walk away from the office (2 if the light isn't in my favor) so I guess I will be returning more..
not2017 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.