Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Sync Offers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I believe I am encountering a similar problem with the current Hilton brand offer: the second qualifying set of charges did not trigger an announcement that I had appeared to fulfill the promotion, and it's now the day after the final charges posted and no credit.
Is this the 20,000 pts for $2,000 spend that you can use twice, or something else?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Is this the 20,000 pts for $2,000 spend that you can use twice, or something else?
It's a rather stingy one of spend $300 get $30 back.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:25 am

It's a rather stingy one of spend $300 get $30 back.
There seems to be a lot of issues with these offers lately that never were there before. Had they changed the wording on your offer that it perhaps it had to be a one-time spend (and not cumulative than before)?

My W-A one worked last week fine, but I hit the target amount on the one stay.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
That language is always there and I've never had a problem booking on the Hilton website (not the app), not the whateverspecifichotel.com website, and not the 800 # listed. There seems to be a glitch just with that particular offer for the HI/HGI. I would start the complaint process with Amex since it is their offer.
So I called yesterday and my original support rep escalated it to another group who then further escalated and said they would get back to me. I just got a call (about 24 hours later) stating my account will be credited in a couple days and the reason it had not automatically applied was supposedly something to do with how the Hampton Inn involved had processed the charge. So it took a 15 minute phone call but it seems that I will be getting this offer credited.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:31 am

That's good, janner!

Points Scrounger, I did read the terms of that and others I have on my card (but haven't used) and they do have the language about the credit appearing 90 days after the offer expires, but that has NEVER been my experience - it's always been right away.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm thinking it had something to do with that hotel and how the stay was posted. I'm actually going to be staying at another Hilton property before the end of the promotion, so will give it another chance then.

(Updated to add that the statement credit has appeared)

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Nov 15, 2018 at 10:41 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:09 pm

Just got another good one! 10,000 Hilton points for just a $200 (yes, two hundred, not thousand) spend at supermarkets in November. This is on my no-fee Amex. While it only pays 5x for supermarkets rather than the 6x, 10,000 extra HH points more than makes up for that..
Has anyone completed this offer? Did you get the bonus right away? I just made my last purchase that would put me over the $200 ($211 to be exact) but I want to be sure before I switch back to using my other Amex that I usually use at supermarkets.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Has anyone completed this offer? Did you get the bonus right away? I just made my last purchase that would put me over the $200 ($211 to be exact) but I want to be sure before I switch back to using my other Amex that I usually use at supermarkets.
I've completed the offer a week ago. Nothing shows up on my account yet. I paid the whole balance today and see what happens.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
The 10K points were not included on my statement that closed on Wednesday. My last 10K point bonus (for $3K in spending earlier this year) also posted a statement later.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm in a predicament that could only happen to me: I spent just under $100 at the supermarket, returning home to learn about this offer. I'm not sure whether a same-day of enrollment charge, but technically before enrolling in the offer, would be picked up by the software?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:28 pm

I couldn't believe this offer either! My enrollment went through the first time just fine.
Weren't you already signed up for the offer before today??
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Weren't you already signed up for the offer before today??
Yes, I was talking about the day I enrolled a while back.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:04 pm

Yes, I was talking about the day I enrolled a while back.
Oh...I found it really easy to hit $200 in Thanksgiving month (of course, we're hosting)...but we usually shop at a place that is not considered a "supermarket" (Fred Meyer/Kroger in Oregon) so I had to switch my shopping to Safeway/Albertson's and a couple of local places. Even Trader Joe's counts! There is still a lot of time left in the month to hit $200 - just go stock up on toilet paper!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I check every morning, just in case. Having the app makes it easy. Really impressed with every facet of the program. Amex does it right.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:14 pm

The email they sent out about it said that the points will be credited to your HH account in the 8 weeks following December 3rd, 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.