FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   New AMEX Sync Offers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1869110-new-amex-sync-offers.html)

Points Scrounger Sep 27, 2017 9:09 am

New AMEX Sync Offers

As Hilton offers come up fairly regularly, thought I'd start a thread for folks to post when they notice a new one, hoping FT'ers grab the available openings early. Here's one that I jumped on this morning:

Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with DoubleTree by Hilton from 9/25/17 to 12/31/17. Book direct with DoubleTree. Excludes advance purchase rates. See terms.

Eujeanie Sep 27, 2017 10:20 am

The problem is, we don't all get the same offers - I just used a Hilton one, and the only new one I have is an Embassy Suites.

You got a Doubletree. And if I want a Doubletree offer, I'm SOL unless I randomly get it, too.

Everyone just has to be vigilant about watching their own accounts - it's not that difficult, you don't have to click anything, just scroll down when you're on your account page and voila!

And I don't think there is a limited amount of availability to take the offer - I think as long as you sign up for it before the expiration date you're ok - have you found that you were shut out if you waited?

Points Scrounger Sep 27, 2017 12:32 pm

I realize that not everyone gets the same thing.

I was under the impression that these sync offers are not unlimited, but "disappear" when a determined number of cardholders enroll?

Eujeanie Sep 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 28865628)
I realize that not everyone gets the same thing.

I was under the impression that these sync offers are not unlimited, but "disappear" when a determined number of cardholders enroll?

I've never noticed them disappearing except at their expiration date, and even then you get an "expiring in 5 days" type of notice. But I also do capture the ones I want as soon as I see them.

krazykanuck Sep 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 28865628)

I believe that's the case. I had a Hilton specific one on a number of my cards a few days ago and when I looked again today and it's gone and it was nowhere near expiration.

freeflyin Sep 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 28866421)
I believe that's the case. I had a Hilton specific one on a number of my cards a few days ago and when I looked again today and it's gone and it was nowhere near expiration.

This has been my experience also. I have now learned to enroll when the offer first appears.

OP-thanks for the heads up

Eujeanie Sep 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin (Post 28866627)
This has been my experience also. I have now learned to enroll when the offer first appears.

OP-thanks for the heads up

I have a bunch that say "expiring in X days" - I never wanted them, so never clicked on them. The ones I can use I do grab as soon as they appear, so I guess I never had the experience of them being taken away.

mhdena Sep 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Everyone should check their own logins.

Waiting for someone like OP to "tip you off" you'll be two days late!

I got the Double Tree Monday the 25th.

If the say "enrollment limited" is when whatever that number is met is when they'll be pulled.
I have seen some offers that were limited reappear on some of my cards that never had them, near the end .

milesmilesmiles Sep 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Ok. I'm dumb....

Are these offers coming from The Hilton or Amex website?

Points Scrounger Sep 27, 2017 8:28 pm

AMEX account offers

Points Scrounger Oct 3, 2017 9:12 am

Hampton/HGI offer

T&C marked Enrollment Limited:

Get a 1X $35 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $175+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at Hampton by Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) from 10/2/2017 to 1/31/2018. Book direct with Hampton or HGI. See terms.

Eujeanie Oct 3, 2017 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 28888717)
T&C marked Enrollment Limited:

Get a 1X $35 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $175+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at Hampton by Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) from 10/2/2017 to 1/31/2018. Book direct with Hampton or HGI. See terms.

I got that one, too, and it is the first time I've seen that "enrollment limited" - and guess what, it was on our Amex card that gets no points so I didn't sign up for it, and the next day it was gone!

Points Scrounger Oct 3, 2017 9:42 am

Years ago, I learned to sign up for everything that might be remotely useful after reading a post in the DL forum (just after NW merger) from a fellow who had been re-routed through Memphis, being pleasantly surprised at getting a double miles bonus that he must have added instinctively at one point and forgotten about.

Eujeanie Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am

Has anyone gotten one of these Amex Hilton family offers lately? I haven't had one in months, and it seemed like there used to be a different brand almost every month. I had one Waldorf one that has expired. Nothing before or since. And I used to get maybe 80 various shopping offers at a time, now I'm down to around 55.

Points Scrounger Feb 13, 2018 12:12 pm

There's one around for Hilton brand stays ... in Australia!