Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

This is so strange! Hotel Billed Me for Stay Last Night — But My Stay is Next Month

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is so strange! Hotel Billed Me for Stay Last Night — But My Stay is Next Month

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Question This is so strange! Hotel Billed Me for Stay Last Night — But My Stay is Next Month

I have a reservation for a hampton in Tampa on sept 5--this am I get in my email, a folio for last nites stay, points, payment, everything!!
I call up and explain that I am here in Charlotte and that I will be at their hotel in a few weeks--
she said she would get the manager to refund it, (they thought I was there last nite), but wow I wonder if you were a night or 2 away from status if this would be a good method--has this happened to anyone else??
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by nlkm9
has this happened to anyone else??
Nobody I know
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Great thread title though! ^
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Huh. I think I've seen another post where the hotel messed up the month before.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Before I had status I stayed at a Hilton in the UK frequently used by my company (which has around 6k employees here). At the time, I didn't even have an Honors account, but the room had been booked with the details of a co-worker with the same firstname+lastname combination as me, and he certainly would have had the points for my stay.

Given that we were on different projects, and I never saw his address on any other folio, I assume that it came from Hilton and not my travel team, although there is no way of knowing.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Call 'em up. They booked you in on 5 August instead of 5 September obviously, and billed you as a no-show. If you have your accurate booking record, you'll get this unwound quickly.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220
Call 'em up. They booked you in on 5 August instead of 5 September obviously, and billed you as a no-show. If you have your accurate booking record, you'll get this unwound quickly.

yes but i got points for being a no show and a "thank you for your stay" email--I called them immediately and suposedly I will be refunded, but I thought you didnt get credit for your stay unless you checked in.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:18 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I suppose errors such as this are an interesting way to earn points and credit for elite status — if that is indeed granted — but less expensive ways to do so usually are available.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Great thread title though! ^
That was fixed.

A quick note to the moderator team of the Hilton | Hilton Honors forum would have been more effective...
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Recently I had a hotel contact me to ask, when they noticed a reservation, whether I wold be arriving in several days or next year. The hotel chain allows reservations more than 365 days in advance and this caused some confusion at the property.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I suppose errors such as this are an interesting way to earn points and credit for elite status — if that is indeed granted — but less expensive ways to do so usually are available.That was fixed.

A quick note to the moderator team of the Hilton | Hilton Honors forum would have been more effective...

I did post it in the hilton honors thread--no clue why it was moved..
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I did post it in the hilton honors thread--no clue why it was moved..
This discussion was never moved.

Rather, the title was edited for clarity, as This is so strange by itself was too vague — which prompted the response from LondonElite.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:26 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ay-advice.html

Happened to me rather recently - I'm surprised that it happens at all, given that (I assume) it's all computerised. Also, would have thought Jun/Jul would be easier to mix up then Aug/Sep!

On the plus side, it's an issue that's rather easily resolved. In my case, though, I didn't even get any notification regarding the stay (or points). Weird.

I have a reservation for a hampton in Tampa on sept 5--this am I get in my email, a folio for last nites stay, points, payment, everything!!
I call up and explain that I am here in Charlotte and that I will be at their hotel in a few weeks--
she said she would get the manager to refund it, (they thought I was there last nite), but wow I wonder if you were a night or 2 away from status if this would be a good method--has this happened to anyone else??
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

thats why i was so surprised--so many people try and get their diamond status with one last stay by checking in and then checking out and I get all the points, credit, etc without doing a thing.....so hopefully it will be fixed, since its on my company card and it would be my responsibility
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:45 pm

wow I wonder if you were a night or 2 away from status if this would be a good method--has this happened to anyone else??
Chances are good that if you had done nothing, your points and stay credit would have been rescinded. Any decent hotel would have multi-step verification of all accounting.

For example, one of my hotel jobs was Income Auditor. Basically, I audited the Night Auditor to verify that she or he did everything according to policy. It was a Monday-Friday job with normal hours. So, anything over the weekend would have been fixed on Monday.

At smaller hotels like a Hampton Inn, there wouldn't be a separate position. Rather, whoever ran the Accounting Department would handle that task.

Perhaps the overnight person was new and actually checked the "no-show" guests into the hotel instead of doing the correct procedure. That's a total guess, however.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I think the OP has inadvertently stumbled on how to travel ahead in time. Fill us in on how you do it!! Secret DeLorean in the garage???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.