Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best Option for UK Credit Card Free Night?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, BAEC

I've got the free night from the Barclaycard and was wondering what the collective wisdom was around good/best value choices to spend it?

Probably not London as I've already a trip there soon, preferably UK or a really cheap short flight (Dublin possibly an option).

Cheers in advance
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A similar question was asked here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28387737-post808.html
You could read the responses to that post or read further in that thread.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
One night is hardly worth choosing the destination based on a hotel. There aren't really any Hilton Honors properties in UK/Ireland that are worth traveling to just for the hotel...

London is going to get you the highest £ value, or perhaps the W-A in Edinburgh.

FWIW the Conrad in Dublin is just a regular 4* hotel IMO, and nothing like the standard for Conrad in Asia, etc.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Value really can be from one extreme to the other.
go crazy at a Hampton by the airport or go big in a city

I used mine back in 2012 as always wanted to go to Venice so paid for one night in milan and voucher for Venice, upgraded to something rather special as HH blue back then I felt like James Bond with room service and the view from the living area/lounge. Cost of basic 200 euros, room given was a king tower suite worth over 2000 for my night. Didn't even use the exec lounge as I was new to the HH game.

you really can use this anywhere you want. Edinburgh W/A? The Conrad or bankside london?

(Can see the above posters point about Dublin Conrad, stayed twice but personally I was just happy to be on hols)

or a quick weekend away in europe. Safe travels where you decide to burn it ^

Last edited by tynmar; Jun 14, 2017 at 12:42 pm
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Platinum, Accor - Platinum, Marriott - GOLD; SPG - Gold;
think it is really wasted if not used in London. I found Hilton Manchester very nice with well appointed Exec Lounge.

try to tie it up around your holidays, Conrad Algarve in Portugal is amazing.

do update how did you get on with this one, I am intending to spend mine in Conrad Hong Kong.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
w-a rome?

ian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.