Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman North {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman North {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
Wow this hotel seems to be really cheap.. im seeing many rates at RM 135 in January, and some RM 120 in Feb.

At RM 135, with Gold Status and using the Amex Surpass card, you can actually get 36,938 points after 5 stays during this Q1 promo for US$212.81, or .58 cpp .. not too bad for a mattress run ?

Calculations:
https://ibb.co/ivnv2G

At RM 120 , its 0.52 cpp
https://ibb.co/k5pm9w

Of course, you can always just buy points during 100% bonus at 0.5 cpp
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I was there for one night just before New Year and I am impressed with their service. I will do a more detailed review about the room next week.

Not sure anyone knows about this but I was told by their staff that this HGI is called NORTH for a reason. Just one block (literally 20 m) from the HGI will be ANOTHER HGI, this time it is called the HGI Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman SOUTH! They will be classified as two separate properties but run by the same team! Great news for those who want to hop over to clock up stays! The SOUTH building will have a swimming pool and is currently undergoing major renovation and will be ready by the middle or end of this year.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Completed my 3rd stay here and most of the team is from DT KL! Nice large corner rooms with a fantastic KLCC view. Also clean, functional and centrally located for business in town. Would recommend at this price point for Budget travelers and those looking for a clean and comfortable.place to rest.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gummibar
I was there for one night just before New Year and I am impressed with their service. I will do a more detailed review about the room next week.

Not sure anyone knows about this but I was told by their staff that this HGI is called NORTH for a reason. Just one block (literally 20 m) from the HGI will be ANOTHER HGI, this time it is called the HGI Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman SOUTH! They will be classified as two separate properties but run by the same team! Great news for those who want to hop over to clock up stays! The SOUTH building will have a swimming pool and is currently undergoing major renovation and will be ready by the middle or end of this year.
i did prefer for another hilton collection to be there, like hampton inn, instead of hgi south.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:04 am

I completed my stay on 30/12. I was underwhelmed to be honest, and I had really wanted to like hotel. Of the HGI's (HAN, SIN, and KUL, I thought this was the weakest.

The building is fine, and the room was larger than I expected but also felt unfurnished. The staff were fine, but clearly very new and a little clueless.

I ended up having to change rooms because of awful motor/engine/something noise. The dealt with change ok, but there was no apology or any sense that the staff member felt it was a problem. This was at 11pm btw.

I had also had issue in the restaurant, that the waiter said he would follow up but never did. The breakfast was just ok.

I noticed that they building a new wing a couple of doors down. This will more than double the size of it.

Here are some pics

This is it.

Hilton in Asia seems to have changed brands for toiletries

I love the tiles.

Virw from 1612

Looby leads to restaurant
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:57 am
Suspended

Points and stays havent posted for the two stays at this property this year- 01 & 03 Jan- anyone else having this trouble?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
any pointers on eateries / bars and convenience stores nearby ?

usually at DTKL for work, so mostly back at the hotel after 9pm.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ashkale
Points and stays havent posted for the two stays at this property this year- 01 & 03 Jan- anyone else having this trouble?
Same here except the stay has posted (but not the points + night credits).

As for the hotel, at this price it's alright. I had the same problem as camsean, very loud AC unit. I was moved to the top floor but also had a very loud AC unit in the new room.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by valdor
Same here except the stay has posted (but not the points + night credits).

As for the hotel, at this price it's alright. I had the same problem as camsean, very loud AC unit. I was moved to the top floor but also had a very loud AC unit in the new room.
Will actually be here at the end of this week, will see how bad the AC unit will be. I would assume that they would have a central AC unit, as the norm, but it sounds like someone decided to import those loud AC unit from the US hotels .
As for the points - I believe it is the Hilton website itself at fault. I too had a couple of stays this year, and they have yet to post, so I suspect due to the updated HHonors program, they are updating the system.

Cheers!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wantan
any pointers on eateries / bars and convenience stores nearby ?

usually at DTKL for work, so mostly back at the hotel after 9pm.
There is a mydin across the road and several eateries( open till late) nearby. The quill city mall/parkson maju junction is under 1km!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:42 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Very good value

Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur North

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

449, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Chow Kit Kuala Lumpur,

Very good value (5 Photos)

The property is located quite close to the ChowKit monorail stop.  There are quite a number of different shops and restaurants in the area.  There is a wet market around the corner of the hotel and night vegetable market.  The area seems to be predominatly a Malay area - with lots of different Malay cuisines on offer.  A few streets further, there are some other restaurant options available.  

Check In

When I arrived, it was not very busy, but there were 2 persons at the front desk.  After waiting about 5 mins, I was helped and after 10 mins I had my keys to my room.  Friendly check-in associate and was given a run down of my extra's as an Elite member.  I believe I was upgraded to a room with a view of the Twin Towers.

I was offered a choice of brekfast or points, and I took the points since I wanted to enjoy the Malaysian food rather than hotel food.  Points posted correctly.

HGI_KL_public area.jpg

Room

Room was located on the 13th floor with a view towards the Twin Tower and the KL Tower.  Room size was sufficient and layout was good with a nice sitting area around the wide windows.  There was no writing desk, but a small table which would have been sufficient or working on the area around the window (working with a view).

There was a small welcome gift with a note, a very nice touch.

Since the hotel is new, everything was new and working as expected.

The bathroom was very nicely appointed and build quality seems to be good.  It consisted of a walk in shower.  The water pressure and temperature control was good.  Toiletries are the Verbana range.  The size was good and comfortable for 2 to be in at the same time.

TV selection was good and the quality of the channels are good.  Internet speed was good and stable.  It looks to be complimentary for all guests.

HGIKL_bed1.jpgHGIKL_room.jpgHGIKL_view.jpg

Service

Did not use any of the service.  Although the fitness room looks well equipped and bright

HGIKL_fitness.jpg.  

Overall

A very solid HGI hotel and for once at least the management of the hotel does not use the Hilton brand to charge exorbitant prices.  For the location and service provided, a very good value hotel,  a right balance.  Just wish that more hotels takes such approach instead of trying to use a brand name to charge crazy prices just because they have the Hilton brand. 

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.  Althogh not the location is not in the middle of the Golden Triangle, with the monorail close by, and the shops around the area, getting to anything is never far away and covenient.  

Only small complain would be the design of the hotel front desk area where you have to climb a couple of stairs to reach the lift.  This can be incovenient if you have heavy bags.  They do have a ramp for wheelchairs.  Hopefully with the upcoming HGI South that is just 50 feet away from the current hotel, this design flaw is rectified.

Very good value

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur North?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Doing two short one-night stays here as I'm completing a HHonors Gold challenge.

Firstly on price one can't complain really (paid 115MYR on corp rate). The place is new / newly refurbished and location fairly okay if you are not challenged to use Grab car or public transport. It's clean too and has a big safe in the room.

I wish they had spend just a bit more money on the rooms. Bathroom is overall fine, just the shower head and holder are cheap and flimsy. Mine barely held up and kept sliding down to children size height. A decent raim shower head can be had quite cheaply these days. The KLCC view room is a good size, but feels somewhat empty. That bench thingy under the window and the oval table in a corner (no proper work desk) dont feel very "cosy / homey" and very sterile. A little comfier seating area wouldn't have cost the world and made for a more complete look.

The "queen" size bed looks small and the room could have fit a King bed without issues. It was fine alone, but for two I think it may be a bit tight / close for some.

Lastly, my main issue, the noise. I had room on floor 16 (top floor) facing KLCC and road noise wasn't a problem. However, walls and doors seem thin and sound isolation surely wasn't on anyones agenda. Noise from normal volume hallway conversations, elevator noise and especially slamming doors (no soft close of course) are very predominant. Don't hope you can sleep in in the morning. Again, a bit more spend could have made this much better.

Air con was bearable noise wise on low fan setting. A warning for floor 16, it seems the elevator machine room os on the roof (makes sense) and even in rooms away from the 3 elevators you hear a constant humming. I found it somewhat annoying when trying to sleep. A slightly lower floor between 12-15 maybe more desirable if this could bother you. YMMV
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Quick update from second stay. Noise from elevator machine room reduced on Floor 15. Air con noise again okay when on low setting, bit noosy if on high, but not unlike the noise levels in US limited service hotels that have the big cool / heat units in the rooms.

I deliberately took the basic room NOT facing KLCC and road noise is a bit more prominent though bearable on high floor in my book and I'm a light sleeper. No discernable difference in room aside from view.

Rest as before. Interesting that someone from front desk came with a plate of cookies and asked me about stay and if I will rate the stay 10 out of 10 in post stay survey. I'm not too keen on this kind of solicitation and big faux pas was that he ignored my do not disturb sign that was turned on. Hmm.

One other observation, during check in and in the morning when leaving there were 1-2 big tour busses parked im front disembarking and boarding tour groups (from China in this case). Quite a chaotic scene at front desk after that with check in mayhem. Seems the hotel is (becoming) popular with tour operators likely due to price point and relatively newish property. YMMV.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
thinking of giving this hotel a go as I'm usually at DT. is it accessible by public transport from KL Sentral ? I tend to leave around morning rush hour for KLIA.

Also how is the surrounding area ? any 24h fast food or convenience store ?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:54 pm

You can take the Monorail from Sentral (to Chow Kit) and then walk about 300m. The immediate vicinity is a dump, IMO.

Originally Posted by wantan
thinking of giving this hotel a go as I'm usually at DT. is it accessible by public transport from KL Sentral ? I tend to leave around morning rush hour for KLIA.

Also how is the surrounding area ? any 24h fast food or convenience store ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.