Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lincoln Plaza London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} [Closed thru January 02, 2024]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lincoln Plaza London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} [Closed thru January 02, 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
It will be interesting to see how much competition it will be for the Hilton CW across the road and how they’ll deal with it - or not probably.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
It will be interesting to see how much competition it will be for the Hilton CW across the road and how they’ll deal with it - or not probably.
That's a good point, have you seen the weekday prices of CW at the moment?.....most days are £300+....... crazy!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:13 pm

I know!! And they believe they’re worth it lol
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:57 pm

I can't see it affecting the Hilton too much to be honest. The Novotel (Which is actually very good) dumped another 300 rooms in CW and the Hiltons rates didn't budge and the Novotel rates are now the same as Hiltons. Based on that I'd say the area can cope with another 129 rooms a night easily without having a negative affect.

The Marriott at West India Quay has also had a refurb this year and is apparently looking really good so if anything it may encourage them to spend some money on the Hilton.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:42 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by chrism20
I can't see it affecting the Hilton too much to be honest. The Novotel (Which is actually very good) dumped another 300 rooms in CW and the Hiltons rates didn't budge and the Novotel rates are now the same as Hiltons. Based on that I'd say the area can cope with another 129 rooms a night easily without having a negative affect.

The Marriott at West India Quay has also had a refurb this year and is apparently looking really good so if anything it may encourage them to spend some money on the Hilton.
Let´s wait for 01/04/2019 and look the prices then...
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold

The name is now lit up.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Opening on the 18th Dec now. Looks really nice from the outside. The fridges in the grocery are all stocked, the staff are in the restaurant and bars getting it ready. Just in time for a festive cocktail at Jack Speak.
wizla and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Hotel opens today. It's still a bit of a building site outside the main entrance, and the pool, sauna and Steam room won't open till March, but the bar (Jack Speak) looks really nice and worth a visit

Lincoln Plaza London, Curio Collection by Hilton

Due to works beyond our control, we have restricted access to the front entrance. Therefore, please follow signage to access the hotel at the Food Store Restaurant, via the Lincoln Plaza walkway found along Lighterman's Road

Please be advised the pool, sauna & steam room are currently unavailable until 31st March 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience.
chrism20 and wizla like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH FTL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Silver
A short review of my first stay in this hotel
TL;DR: It is a really nice place

As a Diamond, I got upgraded from Tillerman King (lowest category) to Keeler Queen (+2 categories, minibar snacks & non-alcoholic beverages included), 2 beverage vouchers on a 3 night stay. Strangely, the middle two room categories only have queen beds, while the lowest and highest have king.

The hotel is not finished yet, pool and sauna will open end of march. The main entrance is also not ready yet, you have to enter through the restaurant on the back side

Everything is wharf-themed, very stylish, in a good way. The general style reminds me of the nearby Novotel. However, this hotel is much smaller, only 11 levels with 11 rooms each. The rooms are nice, the view from my room was not that good because the next building is very near.

I couldn't convince the AC to heat (I like it warm). I think the button to switch between cool and heat is missing, but maybe it's me.

The breakfast restaurant (you can also have dinner there, I think there is also another restaurant) is very simple, the bar despite of it's lobby setting pretty nice.

There is no buffet for breakfast, everything a la carte. As a diamond, I could choose anything from the menu, multiple items. However, the table service takes time since everything is cooked to order.

Staff was really nice.

Keeler room

Keeler room

Keeler room

Bar

Breakfast restaurant
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any additional thoughts and experiences on this hotel? Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by stepfel

As a Diamond, I got upgraded from Tillerman King (lowest category) to Keeler Queen.
I must assume it is not named after Christine Keeler, but what do those names stand for?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:34 am

I always find it very dissapointing when I get “upgraded” from a King to a Queen.

when I went round for a tour the girl told me all the rooms are named after jobs on a ship in the old days when Canary was still a wharf.

What do think of the bathroom? The rooms I was shown had a weird lay-out where the wash basin didn’t have a partition between the corridor which I found terribly off-putting
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
In the middle of my third stay here, which will make it 9 nights in total. I was not sure at first, but now really like it as another option at CW (I stay about 160 nights a year in the area).

The surprising highlight for me is the excellent breakfast - in my view the best in the area, or probably any Hilton in London. The a la carte menu has interesting options and the food is really fresh, with seemingly unlimited choice for diamond. Service has always been fast, although hotel is still quiet.

The rooms are as described above. The categories make no apparent sense, having tried the three current levels - the best option seems to be the lowest level but as a king. The worst so far was actually the next option up ‘Lighterman’ - the room was really small, with a queen bed and also noisy air con. The Keeler room - top category - is noticabley bigger, but still has a queen bed and an odd layout.

Staff are friendly and make an effort, and food from the restaurants is very good too. Vouchers for free drinks at the bar are provided, though not actually used them to see what is included.

The current availability of ‘2x points’ rates at only a few pounds more than standard, plus an introductory bonus of 1k points per night, may also have helped influence my view - 35k points for a 3 night stay is pretty good.

florens, wizla, MoodyB and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ao40; Mar 12, 2019 at 1:56 am
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I booked this hotel for a one night stay in May. I was quite surprised to see the following message when I booked:

"Please be advised the pool, sauna & steam room are currently unavailable until 1st June 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience."

Looks like the opening has ben pushed back from March to June.

Is there really no lounge? The website says:

"[...] or simply relax with a cup of coffee in the hotel lounge"

Last edited by florens; Mar 12, 2019 at 6:18 am
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by florens
Is there really no lounge? The website says:

"[...] or simply relax with a cup of coffee in the hotel lounge"
I think that just means the lobby - there are lots of different types of chairs there.
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.