Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton appoints new Chief Customer Officer, responsible to CEO (3/17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton appoints new Chief Customer Officer, responsible to CEO (3/17)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by DiverDave
A profit seeking company should have a goal to make money. That doesn't have to be the goal of every last person at the company, in particular a "Chief Customer Officer".

Some years ago, I corresponded with the Delta SkyMiles manager. His frequent theme was he had to support revenue management and revenue growth. I thought that was rather sad - there are hundreds if not thousands of folks employed to achieve those goals, and that surely at least the SkyMiles manager could be the one advocate for his customers. But there was no upside in the Delta world for him to advocate for his customers. So he didn't.

For now, rooms are full and room rates are rising. When the economic cycle turns down (as it will inevitably), perhaps the tune will change.
Revenue growth and customer satisfaction don't have to be disconnected in any business environment. In fact, they should go hand in hand. Happy customers will spend more money and tell their friends. Likewise dissatisfied customers will share their complaints, as they should. Your experience with DL illustrates that perfectly. That is a disconnect that shouldn't exist.

I recently had an issue with a company that made an error that was $700 in their favor that I had to catch, call to get corrected and then was lied to about how/why it happened. I truly believe this is not a cultural normalcy within this company, but simply an employee trying to CYA for whatever reason. I now will make a decision on whether to do more business with this company. They have competitors that offer similar products. Same applies with any business we deal with. There are other lodging options (even more today that there were a few years ago) and we make decisions every day on where we want to stay and what we want to pay for that service based on our experience. If Hilton wants to ride the gravy train of high occupancy/room rates while ignoring their core customers they have that right, but the loss of good will is hard to recover from and they are certainly aware of this.

What I really don't get is people on here constantly complaining about service breaks, IT issues, brand weaknesses, etc, then when Hilton places someone in a position to lead the company to be responsible for these areas and the general feeling is that things can only get worse. I knew I would be the minority here.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
What I really don't get is people on here constantly complaining about service breaks, IT issues, brand weaknesses, etc, then when Hilton places someone in a position to lead the company to be responsible for these areas and the general feeling is that things can only get worse. I knew I would be the minority here.
These "constantly complaining" people have already explained this to you in this thread. Even recently, HH has already made changes to the loyalty program that had a marketing spin that many of us feel were at the very least dishonest. A fear that a "Chief Customer Officer" is just going to do more of the same, especially in the absence of any stated specific and positive changes, is thus not what any of us would consider farfetched.

BTW, if you're really that sick of all these "constantly complaining" people, I'd just point out that reading these types of threads (and probably FT in general) is probably not going to be to your liking, even if (or is that especially if) you greatly enjoy playing contrarian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.