Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Just received a large number of confirmation and cancellation emails

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I just had about 5 confirmation emails and 5 cancellation emails come through from Hilton. All were for future stays in the next few months . Some were points and money, under both the old and new system. Some were for paid stays including one I'm on right now. Both US and European properties. None were solicited or due to any action by me.

Having a look at the confirmation numbers implies that the old reservations were cancelled and new reservations created. I wonder what this does to booking channel. I also notice that the prices have increased too (one was a BRG booking).

Has anybody had else had the same thing? Perhaps some script running on the Hilton reservations system, or maybe it is just me.

This is going to be a mess to work through!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Hasn't happened to me yet but thanks for the heads up. I did have one reservation cancelled recently by someone other than me but there was no automatic rebooking. When I called the Diamond line they rebooked it for me at the discounted rate I'd booked at and said that some travel agent had somehow cancelled it.

Your post is a good reminder for all of us to keep booking info (email confirmation and any other relevant info) until after the stay has posted.

Please let us know if you're able to get it all resolved.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I had a booking for Saturday that i cancelled on Tuesday, and received a timely cancellation reply. This morning i get a confirmation reminder for the same booking. Clicked through on that email and the booking is (not surprisingly) showing as cancelled at Hilton.com. I am keeping the cancellation email but i am not worrying about it.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I just had about 5 confirmation emails and 5 cancellation emails come through from Hilton. All were for future stays in the next few months . Some were points and money, under both the old and new system. Some were for paid stays including one I'm on right now. Both US and European properties. None were solicited or due to any action by me.

Having a look at the confirmation numbers implies that the old reservations were cancelled and new reservations created. I wonder what this does to booking channel. I also notice that the prices have increased too (one was a BRG booking).

Has anybody had else had the same thing? Perhaps some script running on the Hilton reservations system, or maybe it is just me.

This is going to be a mess to work through!
Have you checked your Hilton account to see if any of these reservations still show and whether the rates have changed?????.

Bob H
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

I did Took a while as the app was being really slow going through the different reservations. Some definitely changed and will be writing in about them.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:49 am

I got a couple. One inviting me to "check in now" for a stay completed last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.