Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Mobile Bonus Promotion for 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:48 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

In addition to the “2K Every Day” promotion that we announced last month, I’m excited to share another way Hilton Honors members can earn extra Points. Starting today, February 7 and running through the rest of 2017, members can earn an additional 500 Bonus Points when they complete a stay booked through the Hilton Honors app. Offer details are below:
• Promotion Period: February 7 – December 31, 2017
• Offer: Earn 500 Bonus Points for a completed stay booked through the Hilton Honors app.
• There’s no limit to the number of mobile bookings made through this promotion.
• This offer can be stacked with other promotions, including the current “2K Every Day” promotion.
• Register here to participate.
I know many of you are familiar with all the great features of the Hilton Honors app, so now here’s another reason to use it! 500 Points when you book through the Hilton Honors app – all year long! Reach out with any questions or comments.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:50 pm

thanks for letting us know Lauren.

Will this apply to stays after February 7th, but booked before that day with the mobile app?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:54 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
thanks for letting us know Lauren.

Will this apply to stays after February 7th, but booked before that day with the mobile app?
Yes, as long as you're registered for the Mobile Bonus promotion, you will be eligible to earn Bonus Points on stays booked before February 7.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Someone asked about still booking with the app and what purpose does it serve and I remember one persons reply was if a new promotion starts they are covered if they continue using the app.
Good Call.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
If you have a stay booked via the web, but re-book it (changing something about the reservation) via the app, does that count?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:56 pm

Wow, what a massive devaluation - from 5,000 bonus points in January, we are down to 500 points only!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by ozztraveller
Someone asked about still booking with the app and what purpose does it serve and I remember one persons reply was if a new promotion starts they are covered if they continue using the app.
Good Call.
That seems to be the best strategy, i guess. Just booked four upcoming stays over my laptop. 2k missed out on.

not the end of the world. Good reminder going forward though.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by carpediem22
Wow, what a massive devaluation - from 5,000 bonus points in January, we are down to 500 points only!
Seriously???
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by carpediem22
Dude, the mobile app booking was for triple points. Get your facts right.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:25 pm

Good Call.
Wish I'd followed that sage advice - had I done so, or had I seen this thread prior to 6PM today, I would have cancelled and rebooked my current reservation (just checked in tonight).
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:02 pm

FAQ link is not working?

Edit: Working now. Thanks for the promo.

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...q/english.html
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
The 5,000 points was more than generous and you had to book with a Visa Card. Not everyone has a Visa Card.

The 500 points, good for the rest of the year, good with any card type, is generous too considering that it runs for the rest of the year and has no card type use requirement. I would guess Visa was footing part of the bill for the more generous 5,000 point promotion.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
The 5,000 points was more than generous and you had to book with a Visa Card. Not everyone has a Visa Card.

The 500 points, good for the rest of the year, good with any card type, is generous too considering that it runs for the rest of the year and has no card type use requirement. I would guess Visa was footing part of the bill for the more generous 5,000 point promotion.
My thoughts as well. And the 500 points; they are "paid" by OTA in the form of saved commissions.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Good Call.
Yes, That was me Based on my experience from October when the Triple points Mobile bonus was introduced and I had a lot of reservations booked via the web site. Some of them I rebooked using the app, but for many it had been a huge rate increase so I didn't rebook. Since then I have booked all stays via the app to be sure
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Thanks for this. Any bonus is a bonus and it all adds up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.