Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
Official link showing the maximum number of points needed to redeem a standard room award after the changes: http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

How will standard room rewards be affected by the changes?
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
Will I earn bonus points on the cash portion of Points & Money bookings?

If you book a Points & Money rate when the new functionality goes live later this month [Feb 2017], the money portion will qualify to earn Hilton Honors Base Points. You'll also qualify to earn Bonus Points through eligible promotions, including the 2K Every Day promotion (note: I posted this update in the promotion thread, as well).

Points & Money stays booked under the current system are subject to the current Terms & Conditions of the program - therefore, you would not be eligible to earn Points on the cash portion of the stay.
Although the HonorsRepresentative stated in Feb 2017 that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing', in June 2017 the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room rewards at four properties were raised. Furthermore, the HonorsRepresentative stated that:

While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
List of properties which have seen increases in the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room awards since the changes:
  • Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to Cat 4 (max 30,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hangzhou East, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuhu, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Doubletree by Hilton Xiamen-Haicang, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Fuzhou Cangshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Suzhou, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Lincoln, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Dandong, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Conrad Macao Cotai Central: Cat 5 (max 40,000 points) to Cat 6 (max 50,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn LaGrange near Callaway Gardens, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Cartersville, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Minsk City Centre, Belarus: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ningbo - Chunxiao, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Foshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Corniche, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka, Malaysia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Swinoujscie, Poland: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 15,000 points
  • Hampton by Hilton Nizhny Novgorod, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Samara, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ulyanovsk, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Trabzon (previously Hilton Garden Inn Trabzon), Turkey: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
Print Wikipost

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Lots of programs have a merchandise option. This is nothing new. I recently found an old Diner's Club merchandise catalog from the 1990s...that was kind of fun to look through.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Any word on the date when the Points & Money option is launching? And is it available at all hotels where points are available?
Today's update of the Hilton Honors app states that "...members can now use nearly ANY combination of Points and money to book their stay...", though naturally I haven't been able to see it on the app or the website. Oddly enough that specific note in the update is not mentioned in the app's history when you just search for it using the app store, but those update notes do appear on my app store updates list...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by cjd
According to the website and HHonors Representative, it starts in late February.
Given Hilton's level of IT skills they'll probably program it to go live at the last minute, maybe Feb 29.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Have FTers been trying out the
http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/ tool to see what it will be like?

I've put in a few hotels in California that I frequent, and in every case, the tool is showing redemption rates that are big devaluations from what the point redemptions are now.

We'll see shortly, but I think the new "feature" is going to turn out to be a stealth devaluation.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Latest version of the app says it has launched! Judging by Hiltons past IT prowess I'm going for a Feb 30 launch!
Attached Images  
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Best Western Diamond
Point & Money slider delayed until 15th March

Hi, I was just talking to someone who informed me the points and money slider tool has been delayed until the 15th of March. To ensue no technical glitches. I am a bit disappointed but I think rather than have something not work right and cause issues I'm glad they've just delayed it.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:20 am

Hilton Category Tool... GONE

What has happened to the Hilton category tool?

http://hiltonhonors.hilton.com/en/hh...sRewardLevel=1 < DEAD. I didnt think the new cat changes had taken effect yet.

Is there a blog with the latest (old) category 1 and 2 list. It was so easy to find the low cat hotels using Hiltons old tool.

I still want to FIND low point hiltons (Hilton please take note)
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Have FTers been trying out the
http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/ tool to see what it will be like?

I've put in a few hotels in California that I frequent, and in every case, the tool is showing redemption rates that are big devaluations from what the point redemptions are now.
Can you provide more detail here? Do you mean devalued points-only awards (where properties should not, at least in theory, have much latitude to price-gouge for the time being) or Points & Money? Specific examples would be very useful.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
What has happened to the Hilton category tool?

http://hiltonhonors.hilton.com/en/hh...sRewardLevel=1 < DEAD. I didnt think the new cat changes had taken effect yet.
I thought the same thing a few weeks back, but note that the old URL is now being redirected to this:
http://hiltonhonors.hilton.com/en/hh...sRewardLevel=1

Notice that duplicated parameter--hhonorsRewardLevel=1?hhonorsRewardLevel=1--at the end? Somebody goofed, but you can un-goof it by deleting the duplicate.

Or you can just use the links I've set up in this post.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:44 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Great news! I’m excited to announce that the Points & Money updates on the Hilton Honors website will start overnight on Tuesday, 2/28, and will officially go live on Wednesday, 3/1. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please reach out!

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:47 am

great. Thank you.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:21 am

According to the Hilton Honors rep Lauren, it should be live March 1st:

Hi all,

Great news! I’m excited to announce that the Points & Money updates on the Hilton Honors website will start overnight on Tuesday, 2/28, and will officially go live on Wednesday, 3/1. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please reach out!

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The "alert" at the top of the reservation page (once logged in) still shows March 1st for the implementation of the slider
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
Lots of programs have a merchandise option. This is nothing new. I recently found an old Diner's Club merchandise catalog from the 1990s...that was kind of fun to look through.
Hi Lauren.

Thanks for the details. I was talking to someone at Hilton today and they said to me that it is set to go live at end Feb but will be delayed until 15th of March?

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The Hilton Honors site now has the 1st March date showing on the homepage, so it looks pretty set now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.