Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Happy You Year E-mail from Honors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle

Happy New Year, everyone! I received an e-mail from HHonors this morning that says "New year, new things coming! Happy You Year, Thanks for making us a part of your travel journeys over the past year. We have some new things in store for 2017 that we know you'll love because we're making the program more about you. Stay tuned! Friends at HHonors.

No targeted offer was included or recognition of re-earning diamond status, at least in my e-mail. I wonder if big improvements on the horizon. Did everyone else receive something similar?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:20 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Happy New Year, everyone! I received an e-mail from HHonors this morning that says "New year, new things coming! Happy You Year, Thanks for making us a part of your travel journeys over the past year. We have some new things in store for 2017 that we know you'll love because we're making the program more about you. Stay tuned! Friends at HHonors.

No targeted offer was included or recognition of re-earning diamond status, at least in my e-mail. I wonder if big improvements on the horizon. Did everyone else receive something similar?
No e-mail for me. Trouble is what Hhonors thinks is beneficial is often quite different to what we consider beneficial! I hope I'm wrong. Happy new year to everyone.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I got the same e-mail. It's nice of them to wish everyone a Happy New Year but some offers/discounts would have been better, or even some details of the upcoming changes that they alluded to.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:35 pm

No email here, and not concerned that I'm missing much - most of their "personalized" targeted emails that I receive are just rehashings of public offers.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA PP (47% MM), HH Gold, National Exec Elite
I got the same email too.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:21 pm

Another data point - no e-mail for yours truly, Diamond status notwithstanding!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I am a Diamond member, who go the same email. What a tease!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
We have some new things in store for 2017 that we know you'll love because we're making the program more about you.
Great, here comes another devaluation!

Neil
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80

Neil
Good one Neil you are probably correct. I am still waiting for 100,000 points some other targeted Diamonds received a while back. It would be nice if instead of emailing me a "Happy You Year" with more to come just email me a "Happy 100,000 point Year" with a Jan 1 deposit of the bonus points. Happy New Year everyone.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by missamo80

Neil
Or a total revamp! The email reads like the World of Hyatt announcements. World of Hilton anyone?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:56 pm

I received the mail. I am only Gold.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:11 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I got no happy new year's e-mail, no 100k points, no "stays this year count for next year", etc. Basically a lump of coal with respect to any kind of targeted promotion.

I've decided to stop trying to fight my employer's preference for another chain so it's unlikely I'll even qualify for gold this year. I'm curious to see if they start throwing interesting things as the sparkle of my diamond fades.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Received the email.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
I received the email.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I received the email today, will remain positive about the news and hope for the best.

I do tend to get emails a few days later than others on here suggesting that they mail out in groups rather than one big mail shot.

Happy New Year, may your stays be safe and restful this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.