Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:57 pm

any MVP rates for hotels in Europe or Asia?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Have booked several MVP rates recently with no problems (various brands, e.g., Hilton, Hampton, HGI... until... yesterday when I was attempting to book a Hampton Inn with a nice MVP rate, the online booking engine insisted that I fill in my work address info (instead of accepting my home address) and also asked for my employer name.

Instead of doing this, I just canceled, & booked with a different (non-Hilton) chain that had a competitive rate.

Have others seen this? Did you go ahead & fill in the requested info & complete the booking?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Have booked several MVP rates recently with no problems (various brands, e.g., Hilton, Hampton, HGI... until... yesterday when I was attempting to book a Hampton Inn with a nice MVP rate, the online booking engine insisted that I fill in my work address info (instead of accepting my home address) and also asked for my employer name.

Instead of doing this, I just canceled, & booked with a different (non-Hilton) chain that had a competitive rate.

Have others seen this? Did you go ahead & fill in the requested info & complete the booking?
MVP has sometimes changed the address to some MVP address. I just change it back to mine. If it wants to call my home address my work address, I don't care.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
My reservations show:

Address type: Work
Address: M V P PROGRAM
(My home address here)
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
sethb and BrlDsguise: And what about the employer name (as I mentioned)? Did it fill something in there also?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
sethb and BrlDsguise: And what about the employer name (as I mentioned)? Did it fill something in there also?
I don't see a field for employer name unless it is the first line of my address which reads MVP Program.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
MVP rates don't need an employer.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
My reservations show:

Address type: Work
Address: M V P PROGRAM
(My home address here)
Likewise. Not sure when it changed but I never bothered to modify it.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
It filled in something like "M V P Program" above the address; that might be for "employer name".
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You evidently didn't read this:

It's easy for you to just say "MVP rates don't need an employer," but in this case, the booking engine, to my surprise, insisted that I fill it in.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethb
It filled in something like "M V P Program" above the address; that might be for "employer name".
My point is that the booking engine did NOT fill these things in. It asked for my work address and employer name. There were blanks in those fields. It would not let me proceed without my filling both of those in. I decided to cancel & book elsewhere (non-Hilton).
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
My point is that the booking engine did NOT fill these things in. It asked for my work address and employer name. There were blanks in those fields. It would not let me proceed without my filling both of those in. I decided to cancel & book elsewhere (non-Hilton).
Thank you for the info. This the first time I hear about this "problem". It never happened to me. Could it be property-specific?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:32 am

Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
You just need to fill something in that field, I would think putting your name a second time wouldn't hurt. I always use the name of a non-work association I am an officer/member of for leisure trips and work for those few trips that are work.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You evidently didn't read this:

It's easy for you to just say "MVP rates don't need an employer," but in this case, the booking engine, to my surprise, insisted that I fill it in.
I did read it, but booked and stayed on one after you'd written that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.