Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ming Chang
The new shuttle schedule say hotel arrival via Air Tahiti public airport shuttle is now 7500 xpf. So they will charge you 7500 xpf even if you come to Vaitape by yourself, and just want to take their boat from Vaitape to the hotel?
Wow is this true? Man, Conrad is really trying to squeeze every last penny out of its guests. Being able to save a little money here and there really adds up on a trip like this, but you can't even take the free shuttle to the island now without having to pay a surcharge if you choose to take the public shuttle?

One question, how would they even know? What if you take the public transport to the island, stay at another resort for a day or two, then go to Conrad? They're still just gonna charge you for not having taken their shuttle?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:21 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Cynapse
One question, how would they even know? What if you take the public transport to the island, stay at another resort for a day or two, then go to Conrad? They're still just gonna charge you for not having taken their shuttle?
They will know because you are taking their shuttle from Vaitape to Conrad, and are checking-in on that day. I don't think it matters if you stay at another resort first, I would guess.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:47 pm

Now that France is doing 2nd lockdown until December 1, anybody who is planning to go to Bora Bora in December is worried about the possibility that French Polynesia may not accept tourists? I am booked on Air France flights and wonder if they actually fly in Dec...
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Now that France is doing 2nd lockdown until December 1, anybody who is planning to go to Bora Bora in December is worried about the possibility that French Polynesia may not accept tourists? I am booked on Air France flights and wonder if they actually fly in Dec...
From Paris or LAX? I highly doubt the LAX flights will actually happen. That would require the United States to admit foreigners coming from France for the LAX transit.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by John_OHST
From Paris or LAX? I highly doubt the LAX flights will actually happen. That would require the United States to admit foreigners coming from France for the LAX transit.
From LAX. The flights between LAX and PPT have been push back and now the first flight is scheduled on 12/13. AF operates between LAX and CDG and PPT is French territories so I guess as long as they can fill the airplane it can happen.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:49 pm

From LAX. The flights between LAX and PPT have been push back and now the first flight is scheduled on 12/13. AF operates between LAX and CDG and PPT is French territories so I guess as long as they can fill the airplane it can happen.
The flight is currently CDG-YVR-PPT because European nationals are not allowed in the USA. Unless the U.S. government changes anything, that flight will continue to go via YVR not LAX in December and that is not directly related to a spike in cases in France. That's why the previous poster asked you about from CDG or from LAX, it actually makes a difference.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
The flight is currently CDG-YVR-PPT because European nationals are not allowed in the USA. Unless the U.S. government changes anything, that flight will continue to go via YVR not LAX in December and that is not directly related to a spike in cases in France. That's why the previous poster asked you about from CDG or from LAX, it actually makes a difference.
Yes, I understand that AF flyers via YVR. But looking at flightrader24 AF seems to operate flights between CDG and LAX (AF65 and 66). it's B777-300ER. .Is this cargo only no passenger flight?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 5:24 pm

Yes, I understand that AF flyers via YVR. But looking at flightrader24 AF seems to operate flights between CDG and LAX (AF65 and 66). it's B777-300ER. .Is this cargo only no passenger flight?
there are still flights operating from US<->EU
AF65/66 are only two of the several passenger flights
LH, LX etc are operating

what previous posters are telling you is that there will not be any AF metal stopping over at LAX enroute to PPT, as long as US continues the moratorium on noncitizens/PR that have been in EU for the past 14days

the difference is because there is no sterile transit option at LAX, everybody originating from CDG has to deplane and enter US officially, and those who want to continue to PPT exit again 20 min later
this is not possible at present as US is forbidding such entry
this is the main reason why the AF flight got rerouted to YVR in the first place.

summary:
CDG->LAX
LAX->CDG
on AF metal will still exist

LAX->PPT
PPT->LAX
on AF metal will not exist as long as the moratorium stays put

p.s: PPT->LAX might be possible but it doesnt really make much sense when they are just routing the entire itinerary through YVR these days.

Last edited by gnomey; Oct 30, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
there are still flights operating from US<->EU
AF65/66 are only two of the several passenger flights
LH, LX etc are operating

what previous posters are telling you is that there will not be any AF metal stopping over at LAX enroute to PPT, as long as US continues the moratorium on noncitizens/PR that have been in EU for the past 14days

the difference is because there is no sterile transit option at LAX, everybody originating from CDG has to deplane and enter US officially, and those who want to continue to PPT exit again 20 min later
this is not possible at present as US is forbidding such entry
this is the main reason why the AF flight got rerouted to YVR in the first place.

summary:
CDG->LAX
LAX->CDG
on AF metal will still exist

LAX->PPT
PPT->LAX
on AF metal will not exist as long as the moratorium stays put

p.s: PPT->LAX might be possible but it doesnt really make much sense when they are just routing the entire itinerary through YVR these days.
oh ok I understand now. Thank you for the explanation. So although AF is scheduled to operate flights Beene LAX and PPT starting mid December, it won’t happen as long as US does not loosen the current policy. That means if I absolutely want to go to Bora Bora in December, I better select United or Air Tahiti Nui.

I’m just wondering what stops AF to fly between LAX and PPT. Because this is between French territory and US so I would assume that AF can legally fly. Maybe not enough demand?

Last edited by lincoln boy; Oct 30, 2020 at 6:58 pm
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:30 pm

oh ok I understand now. Thank you for the explanation. So although AF is scheduled to operate flights Beene LAX and PPT starting mid December, it won’t happen as long as US does not loosen the current policy. That means if I absolutely want to go to Bora Bora in December, I better select United or Air Tahiti Nui.
correct.
generally, in post-covid era, just because you can book doesnt mean you can fly.
i dont know what most visitors are taking these days to FP.
my guess is air tahiti nui, ex-LAX.

I’m just wondering what stops AF to fly between LAX and PPT. Because this is between French territory and US so I would assume that AF can legally fly. Maybe not enough demand?
the reason why this AF flight exist in the first place is to bring the French from EU to FP, and vice versa.
LAX is just a pit stop.
it's not so much to bring US residents to FP although AF has marketing rights
i am pretty sure YVR-PPT and PPT-YVR flights are not being sold separately as well
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:37 pm

the reason why this AF flight exist in the first place is to bring the French from EU to FP, and vice versa.
LAX is just a pit stop.
it's not so much to bring US residents to FP although AF has marketing rights
i am pretty sure YVR-PPT and PPT-YVR flights are not being sold separately as well
That makes sense. I was wondering about YVR-PPT so I looked to see if the ticket can be purchased. But AF does not sell those tickets until April. I just hope that they don't cancel my flights a week before or something. If that happens, probably I would already have Air Tahiti tickets and the Conrad reservation does not seem to be cancellable (my reservation says 30 days prior to arrival).
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:40 pm

You are correct, I can confirm that passengers on those flights are not allowed to get off the aircraft in YVR either from CDG or PPT. It's just for refueling.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
Data point -- I've booked my brother and his new wife for 5 nights of their honeymoon next week using points. App shows they've been upgraded to from the base points room to a Garden View Pool Villa. I have not contacted the hotel directly about upgrade costs. Today I got an email advertising e-standby upgrades -- 17,088 XPF per night for Otemanu Pool Overwater Villa which seems like an exceptionally good deal? Sunset Pool overwater upgrade is 35,000 XPF and Royal pool is 38,000 XPF per night. They weren't going to spring for an overwater villa but at the 17,088 XPF rate it seems hard to pass up.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by waterandwoods
Data point -- I've booked my brother and his new wife for 5 nights of their honeymoon next week using points. App shows they've been upgraded to from the base points room to a Garden View Pool Villa. I have not contacted the hotel directly about upgrade costs. Today I got an email advertising e-standby upgrades -- 17,088 XPF per night for Otemanu Pool Overwater Villa which seems like an exceptionally good deal? Sunset Pool overwater upgrade is 35,000 XPF and Royal pool is 38,000 XPF per night. They weren't going to spring for an overwater villa but at the 17,088 XPF rate it seems hard to pass up.
Thanks for the data point. We head to this resort on a points reservation in just a couple weeks. We have not yet been upgraded. When I inquired about an upgrade a few weeks ago they offered a substantially different pricing. I would say that your current offer is hard to pass up. I was quoted 45,000xpf for just a deluxe over water villa

to edit: I have also never seen an option for estandby either on my reservation or a received email. Can I expect one to come?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by waterandwoods
Correct, 17k XPF for any kind of pool OWV would be a great price, and given the best price is the Otemanu variety, then even better. By the way from memory the Otemanu and the Sunset are normally same price so I am surprised about the big difference; it's clear which one is the better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.