Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2020, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by persoid
It appears they have now pulled all the July dates. It's interesting because most of the resorts are open in July and Air Tahiti is resuming flights to BB in July. So in essence, Conrad Bora Bora is extending its shutdown through August 1.
My guess Is that BB will not open up before August 1st. If they do I assume Conrad feels they will need til August 1st to get staff and supplies up to par before they open.

You know people with expect 5 Star service “day one” after they open.

TD
Old May 24, 2020, 6:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
It's interesting because most of the resorts are open in July
Not sure about "most":
Open as of now = Four Seasons, both ICs, Sofitel Private Island
Closed = Conrad, Le Meridien, St.Regis, Sofitel Marara

Feel free to complete my list but it looks quite split at this stage by looking at international hotel chains. It would be hard to blame Conrad at the moment.
Old May 24, 2020, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Not sure about "most":
Open as of now = Four Seasons, both ICs, Sofitel Private Island
Closed = Conrad, Le Meridien, St.Regis, Sofitel Marara

Feel free to complete my list but it looks quite split at this stage by looking at international hotel chains. It would be hard to blame Conrad at the moment.
Unconfirmed at this point but I am hearing that Intercontinental Le Moana and Thalasso will also be pushing back earliest possible opening to August 1st but I do not see any update to the room availability just yet.
Old May 24, 2020, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Unconfirmed at this point but I am hearing that Intercontinental Le Moana and Thalasso will also be pushing back earliest possible opening to August 1st but I do not see any update to the room availability just yet.
Where are you hearing it? I've got 18 nights back to back between the CBB and the Thalasso (5+5+4+4) and hope to be able to take the trip.
Old May 26, 2020, 8:43 pm

Where are you hearing it? I've got 18 nights back to back between the CBB and the Thalasso (5+5+4+4) and hope to be able to take the trip.
Heard back from the Conrad BB. Confirmed that they'll extend closure until Aug 1.
Old May 27, 2020, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Wait, weren't able to get your points back? Or what did you mean exactly?

I'm in process trying to get my Chase UR points refunded now, and my paid upgrade to premium econ. I got Chase on the phone but they attempted to call Air Tahiti Nui while I was on hold and weren't able to get a hold of them, so they had their "Offline Team" reach out to ATN via email for my refund. That was several days ago, still haven't heard anything back yet.
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Like someone else pointed out, "Air Tahiti" and "Air Tahiti Nui" are 2 different airlines.

I used Chase UR points to book return airfare from Tahiti to Bora Bora on Air Tahiti. Air Tahiti cancelled the flights (not like I was going to be using them anyway) which were in mid-may. Air Tahiti's policy is that they will not give refunds (unless you have one of the special higher-cost refundable fares), and they are instead giving out a non-refundable travel voucher with a 1-year expiry. Since they only fly inter-island flights within French Polynesia, these can only be effectively used if you travel to French Polynesia within a year. Despite a ton of complaining (to both Chase and Air Tahiti), I have not been able to get a refund back to UR points, and I have not heard of anyone else being able to do this.

For comparison, I have received refunds back to cash or UR points (depending on what I booked with) from several other airlines (United, Air France, American, Jetblue) that cancelled their flights.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:50 pm

If you are asking about where I heard about the Inter Continental's planning to close… From a contact at the owner operators of all the Tahitian IHG properties. They are also a large cruise operator in the region. I think at this point it's safe to assume that all the high-end larger resorts on the outer islands are going to be closed until at least August 1st best case but she said there is a possibility that the Intercontinental on the main island may open July 1st but guests would be subject to the 14-day quarantine rules for arriving visitors (ie. they must stay locked down in their room/villa). Sounds like that type of stay could be an expensive proposition and would be targeted to wealthier seasonal residents/repatriates and other travels looking to stay in the country long term and would be willing to pay the price in time and money for the privilege.

Sadly, I think many of the hotels are going to move towards the practice of accepting bookings for dates that they know they will not be open just to try and measure if not drum up demand and then hopefully defer the guest stay since future demand will not be anywhere near where it used to be prior to COVID-19. The airlines right now are still keeping relatively full schedules a couple months out selling seats on flights that they know that they will never fly and then about 30 days out the adjust capacity accordingly. Similar strategy in many respects but for when a hotel is closed completely the only other option is a completely different date of stay.
Old May 28, 2020, 2:16 pm

How do i get in touch with Conrad? I want to upgrade my stay & there is no other way to do it. I have emailed Conrad & also tried calling but no response.
I tried calling both Hilton & Hilton Honors reservations but it was waste of time.
Old May 28, 2020, 4:40 pm

Wow, that's some serious work getting those nights in Thalasso! Well done.
Old May 28, 2020, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neild
How do i get in touch with Conrad? I want to upgrade my stay & there is no other way to do it. I have emailed Conrad & also tried calling but no response.
I tried calling both Hilton & Hilton Honors reservations but it was waste of time.
I've just been in touch with them via:

[email protected]
Old May 28, 2020, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
If you are asking about where I heard about the Inter Continental's planning to close… From a contact at the owner operators of all the Tahitian IHG properties. They are also a large cruise operator in the region. I think at this point it's safe to assume that all the high-end larger resorts on the outer islands are going to be closed until at least August 1st best case but she said there is a possibility that the Intercontinental on the main island may open July 1st but guests would be subject to the 14-day quarantine rules for arriving visitors (ie. they must stay locked down in their room/villa). Sounds like that type of stay could be an expensive proposition and would be targeted to wealthier seasonal residents/repatriates and other travels looking to stay in the country long term and would be willing to pay the price in time and money for the privilege.

Sadly, I think many of the hotels are going to move towards the practice of accepting bookings for dates that they know they will not be open just to try and measure if not drum up demand and then hopefully defer the guest stay since future demand will not be anywhere near where it used to be prior to COVID-19. The airlines right now are still keeping relatively full schedules a couple months out selling seats on flights that they know that they will never fly and then about 30 days out the adjust capacity accordingly. Similar strategy in many respects but for when a hotel is closed completely the only other option is a completely different date of stay.
IHG Moorea is closing permanently....wonder how many others will fail....

https://moorea.intercontinental.com

TD
Old May 28, 2020, 8:10 pm

😳 wow
Old May 28, 2020, 9:56 pm

Just curious on when the members on this forum who were booked to travel from April to August are planning to go back.
Given how things are changing everyday...would traveling in November 2020 be ambitious. I still haven’t booked my inter-island tickets & have yet to pull the trigger on paid upgrade...what are your suggestions? Looking forward to different perspectives.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:17 pm

Same time, just in 2021.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Neild
Just curious on when the members on this forum who were booked to travel from April to August are planning to go back.
Given how things are changing everyday...would traveling in November 2020 be ambitious. I still haven’t booked my inter-island tickets & have yet to pull the trigger on paid upgrade...what are your suggestions? Looking forward to different perspectives.
Three week trip this July canceled. Will be trying again for same time next year.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.